Page 475 of 490 FirstFirst ... 375425465473474475476477485 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,750 of 4896

Thread: (RAOK) Random Act of Kindness - Toys for Members with Very Modest Collections

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: (RAOK) Random Act of Kindness - Toys for Members with Very Modest Collections

Love those reds in your hair...Absolutely fabulous!
    DweamGoiL

1c - 2a / f - m / ii | current length = 32.25 inches - working for a thick blunt hemline

Curious. Very Curious. Ophidian's Avatar
    Length
    Buzz/FTL+/Knee+
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: (RAOK) Random Act of Kindness - Toys for Members with Very Modest Collections

Quote Originally Posted by Entangled View Post
    Thank you! I've really loved this gift. Here's milkmaid/twin coronet braids done with the amish pins I was gifted. Those have been a game-changer!
    Beautiful! I’m so happy the Amish pins have been useful you, and I’m feeling quite inspired to try milkmaid braids with them myself

Short... SL... APL... MBL...Waist... Hip... Tailbone... Classic... Knee...

Length
    26/Calf/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ophidian View Post
    Beautiful! I’m so happy the Amish pins have been useful you, and I’m feeling quite inspired to try milkmaid braids with them myself
    Thank you! I appreciate both the compliment and the gift! I’m still loving the Amish pins.

Length
    26/Calf/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

My package arrived! I'm thrilled!
    I'm still in the goldilocks process of figuring out what size things work for me. Fortunately everything fits! Some things are better for center-held buns, and others not so much.

I've been eying mama cats for months now and even made a pair of sticks (that I need to finish sanding) in imitation. Now I have the real thing! They're really light and go into a bun very smoothly. I was in a hurry putting my hair up for most of these, though, so the buns are a little wonky.

Turns out 6+ inches works really well for this TT--the bands really help balance out the extra length sticking out. I've always loved the Chloe silhouette and its evolution and now I own one!

The wildcard...A glass stick! I have to admit, I'm super nervous about this because I'm clumsy and drop stuff all the time. This is an awkward pha bun, but the stick felt secure. Maybe I will keep this stick in supported buns, like a chinese bun or a bun with a french braid base.

A Grahtoe studios fork! In purpleheart! This is a maker on my wishlist for a long time! I really like the way their forks look. This fork is perfect: the length, the color! It's the right length that it's a stealth toy in a cinnamon but won't dwarf a nautilus (which I wear basically every day).

And this beauty: a Redheart 2 Prong Fork from the Barreis Collection. I love the shape and color on this one. It marks the smallest I think I can go with a fork, but it keeps a but up well. It also works for half-ups and comet buns, which I want to start doing more of.

And lastly: a Flexi! This is one make I can't find out sizing for the life of me (they're not very clear about actual measurements, maybe because they're more "mainstream" and most people don't know the length they need?) Fortunately, it works. I have what I think is a small and it's just too small for centerfold buns, but too large for ponytails. This one is big enough to hold a bun. I love the antique-look; it reminds me of spoon jewelry like this.

And since you can't really see the flexi so well in the last one, here's a better picture of the flexi but a worse angle on the bun

Thank you so much for running this DweamGoil!! And thank you to those who donated. I'm so excited right now!

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Wow! Entangled. Everything looks amazing, but that TT is absolute in your hair...seriously!
    DweamGoiL

1c - 2a / f - m / ii | current length = 32.25 inches - working for a thick blunt hemline

Length
    ?/TBL/CL?
    Type
    1a/1b/C/iii

Received my package today! I'll try to get action shots tomorrow or Friday!
    Virginia from Virginia. Climber / fitness junkie trying to figure out how to grow out my hair and be active inside and outside everyday!

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by gin View Post
    Received my package today! I'll try to get action shots tomorrow or Friday!
    Can't wait to see
    DweamGoiL

Length
    26/Calf/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by DweamGoiL View Post
    Wow! Entangled. Everything looks amazing, but that TT is absolute in your hair...seriously!
    Thank you!! I really love it. It’s become a new favorite!

Length
    ?/TBL/CL?
    Type
    1a/1b/C/iii

Ok, here are action shots of my RAOK toys! Since I workout and sweat so much, I appreciated getting a couple water-friendly hairtoys First is a brass fork from Twisted Calontiri, second is an acrylic fork from Outnumbered Novelties:

Virginia from Virginia. Climber / fitness junkie trying to figure out how to grow out my hair and be active inside and outside everyday!

Length
    20"/20"/48"
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

♥ My package arrived! And the timing was so perfect. It's been a really rough week, and that little box, with its beautiful contents really helped to cheer me up.

I was super excited about getting a TT hair stick, because I've wanted one for the longest time! And now it's here, and I love it! Every one of the pieces are so lovely!

My hair isn't quite long enough to easily bun with a fork yet...But I can do half-ups with them in the meantime! And I was able to get it into a bun with the TT stick!

Thank you, DweamGoiL, for all of your work! And thank you to those who so generously donated! ♥

Oh boy...That first pic is blurry...I'll get another shot of that toy!