Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Love hair compliments/attention?

Length
    25/20/32-45
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

Red face Love hair compliments/attention?

From what I've seen on the forum, many don't like people flocking to you just for your hair. I do understand ignorant comments but I am going to be honest: I love people playing and commenting about my hair! It makes me giddy when girls come and tell me I have beautiful hair! Or people comment that I have long hair.

I was wondering if anyone else felt the same as in the love getting hair attention. To me it makes my day even if I do act a bit awkward lol.

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

Default Re: Love hair compliments/attention?

I love hair compliments and will take them when I get them. Of course I am longing to be complimented for having LONG hair, but that never happens, I just get compliments on curls, which is nice, but I am used to this so blase. I will drop dead with happiness the day someone says ANYTHING that about my hair being long, even an insult would make me happy!
    The other day a friend sort of implied my hair was too long for an older lady, I was quite thrilled, even though she didn't say so directly. I think I would have hugged her if she had!.
    <a href=http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/uloma1/media/september%202015%20flat%20ironed%20cropped_zpsb7di14pc.jpg.html target=_blank>[IMG]<a href=http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/uloma1/media/september%202015%20flat%20ironed%20cropped_zpsb7di14pc.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a481/uloma1/september%202015%20flat%20ironed%20cropped_zpsb7di14pc.jpg target=_blank>http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/...psb7di14pc.jpg</a></a>[/IMG]</a>Proud to be a tightly curly!
    (SL-APL-BSL-Midback-Waist!)

Length
    24 in/48in/term
    Type
    1b/F/i

Yes I love it. Never happens. I get complimented on an updo or a hairtoy but never on my actual hair. I would love to have my hair played with-it is the only thing I miss about going to the salon. Now my hair is always up so it doesn't ever get any play time at all.

Length
    waist/BSL+/...?
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I like it just the same as getting a compliment on jewelry or clothing. I understand intellectually that some people hate any sort of attention, but at the same time I don't exactly [I]get[I] it.

I don't wear my hair down in hopes of getting extra attention. I just do it because I think it is my best look...no different than putting on makeup to look nice...also sometimes the weight gets to me when I have it up. At the same time, if someone does give me a compliment, I like it as much as the average person I suppose.

I got a wonderful compliment from a lady at the fair selling me cheese curds. She said my makeup and hat were so beautiful. I was shocked because I do get compliments on hair or jewelry enough that it doesn't seem odd to me, but never on makeup. I don't go to much trouble with makeup...just concealer, powder and Burt's bees lip shimmer usually, but that day I had eyeshadow and my new red lipstick. It made my day...plus...I had cheese curds.

Summer of 2017...after "The Chop."

Length
    Chin/WL/?
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Compliments are really nice
    Ever since I hennaed, quite a few people have told me I look good in this color. And one of my friends said she couldn't keep her eyes off my hair Another one compared me to disney princessess on several occasions.
    I am quite insecure, not quite as much as I used to be, but any positive feedback I welcome with open arms

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/BSL/waist
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I like it, too. So far, it has never bothered me to have someone touch my hair, except when a young man with Down's syndrome grabbed fistfuls and didn't want to let go.

Length
    18 in/18in/floor

I'm thrilled when work colleagues see me with my hair down (it's normally up at work) and go "It's getting so long!" (even though it's not even APL yet)
    I will definitely be one of those that waits with an updo and releases it at dramatic moments XD Gawd I'm such a diva.

Not such a fan of people touching. But then I'm not touchy-feely generally, unless it was someone close to me and they asked first.

Chin - Shoulder - Oxter - BraStrap - Waist - Hip - TailBone - Classic - Knee - Ankle - Floor

Type
    2a/F/i

I'm a dive, I love compliments! My favorite was when a young woman with shoulder length bleached hair came up to me in the hair care section of Walmart and said "wow, your hair is SO shiny and pretty! Do you mind sharing what you do to get it that way?" I had a field day telling her that I wash as little as possible and used cooking oils on itand no heat. You should have seem her face, she looked absolutely disgusted. She took one last look at my hair, thanked me, and took off. My mom asked me later what I said to her. She saw the exchange and said she looked spooked LOL

BSL: Made it!Off to Waist!

Length
    21.5"/40.2"/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

I love hair compliments! It makes me very happy! Especially if its a compliment on long hair, with a compliment about it looking healthy/shiny.
    1b/F/M/iii APL~BSL~MBL~WL~Elbow~Hip~BCL~TBL 40" Finally!

Length
    19/38/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine <3 View Post
    I'm a dive, I love compliments! My favorite was when a young woman with shoulder length bleached hair came up to me in the hair care section of Walmart and said "wow, your hair is SO shiny and pretty! Do you mind sharing what you do to get it that way?" I had a field day telling her that I wash as little as possible and used cooking oils on itand no heat. You should have seem her face, she looked absolutely disgusted. She took one last look at my hair, thanked me, and took off. My mom asked me later what I said to her. She saw the exchange and said she looked spooked LOL
    Heheheheh!! Love it, people are always amazed when I tell them how mine got so long: "I don't cut it very often." It IS nice to get compliments, though. Especially off little kids, on the school run one morning I wore my hair in a rope twisted crown braid, and a friend told me her son (aged 3 at the time) had said of me "look Mummy that lady's got princess hair!" GET IN!!