Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trampoline hair help

Length
    26/Calf/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Lightbulb Trampoline hair help

So, I suppose this is exactly what the title suggests. How in the world can I put my hair up when I'm jumping on a trampoline?!

I tried a simple English braid. That worked to protect against tangles, but... Whack! Thud! Whack! Can you hear the sounds of my hair attacking various parts of my head and back? On top of that, the ponytail holder worked its way off of my braid tassel, letting my braid turn into something that resembled a ponytail and braid centaur-type hybrid. Since that equals tangled, the English braid is out. On top of that, the constant friction involved in such a violent conflict can't be very hairsafe. I don't want my hair to suffer battle scars from colliding with the rest of me (or any passerby!)

Next, I tried a nautilus bun. That holds pretty securely all day for me, so I tried it. My hairstick quickly fled from the oppressive fight against gravity, leaping gracefully from my bun and attempting to follow the birds before getting a smack of reality as it hit the trampoline. My hair gleefully shook itself from the confines of its bun, also attempting to fly. Tangle city!

I only know two real hairstick buns, and the leather slide I have is both painful to wear whilst jumping and insecure. I can't just hold up my braid, because aside from fatigue, I need it to defend against my younger siblings (our games involve lots of physical contact between each other and the ball.) Please help! I have no idea what to do.

Type
    2b/M/iii

Default Re: Trampoline hair help

If your hair is long enough, you might want to try a two strand rope accent braid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPHEzUr5bWQ

Because the braid is anchored with hair, the only part you need to worry about is where the end is tucked under. A few crimped hairpins should take care of that.

You can also do this lace braid with 3 strands of hair.

Length
    buzz/chin/waist
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Maybe a braided bun of some sort? Or a crown braid?
    current length: chin/bob growing out undercut | first goal length: BSL

Length
    Chin/BS/Clsic
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by shutterpillar View Post
    Maybe a braided bun of some sort? Or a crown braid?
    I vote braided bun, maybe secured with a ficcare style clip.. that holds better for me than my sticks and seems a bit less dangerous in case one pokes a friend etc.

Length
    26/Calf/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Hmm... The crown braid/rope/lace braid suggestions are viable, although they takes a little longer than I would like. Unfortunately, I don't own a ficcare and am not likely to get one in the foreseeable future.

Length
    3"/Thigh/Term
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Braided bun with spin pins, preferably secured with a hair-friendly elastic at the base, or using a French braid for the base. Even my ultra slippery hair can't escape from that one I don't do trampoline, but I run and do Zumba and it's never failed me.
    Proud puny-bunned stealth longhair.

Length
    Chin/BS/Clsic
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Entangled View Post
    Hmm... The crown braid/rope/lace braid suggestions are viable, although they takes a little longer than I would like. Unfortunately, I don't own a ficcare and am not likely to get one in the foreseeable future.
    Hm, do you like amish pins then? They hold like crazy and are tucked away. Another option. Good luck

Length
    26/Calf/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

I think I'll try the spin pins/braided bun suggestion. As for Amish pins, are they like hairpins? I gave some of those as long as my pinky. I'm still figuring out how to use them.

Length
    buzz/hip/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

I wonder if tucking the braid into your shirt would work or if that would be scratchy

Length
    26/Calf/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

It would escape. My hair can be a regular Houdini when I'm active.
    ETA: My braid isn't long enough to stay inside my shirt for very long.
    Last edited by Entangled; July 17th, 2014 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Clarification