Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: What characters inspired you to grow your hair?

Length
    ChinL/WL+/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Default Re: What characters inspired you to grow your hair?

I have a couple of characters that is an actress/artist, and a country singer.

Jane Seymour and Crystal Gayle.

I also love the girl that does, "Rehab Addict," Nicole Curtis. I just love her longgggg natural blonde hair!!

Length
    27/34/45
    Type
    2a/F/ii

When I started my hair journey I had freshly dyed my hair black, and I wanted to look something between Orochimaru-sama and some kind of japanese demons. But at that time (late 2018coolguy) I simply wanted longer hair because I hate how the length I had suits me (between APL+ and WL-) but actually Orochimaru-sama has something as MBL.
    Now that I have some kind of ombre with blonde lengths and waves, Galadriel is who I think about. I'm looking for a kind of elvish look in my hair at the moment.
    Hilariously, usually I like characters with about BSL/MBL (I prefer male characters and longer hair isn't frequent) but some rare exceptions.
    I don't know what I will think when I'll have more natural color in may hair.
    BSL - WL - HIP LENGTH - TBL - CL
    26/07/2019 last bleach - 11/10/2019 last dye

Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Loveletters View Post
    I've always had reasonably long hair, like bra strap length. But when I was 12, I saw Victor Nikiforov, a character from a Japanese animation series called Yuri on Ice. I was a huge fan of that show back then, and he had such lovely long hair in the flashback scenes, I wanted that too. Later I got an internet friend (we started talking because we both watched that show) that drew lots of elf characters with super long beautiful hair. Those drawings inspired me as well. Now I just want to look like the medieval queen of my dreams haha. I feel much more confident now my hair is longer than most people's. I feel unique (not saying people with short hair aren't. They obviously are, but having a trait or feature that stands out a bit is always nice!).
    "Yuri on Ice" is so beautiful! I didn't see all the seasons, just snippets here and there, but it felt very well made. Makes me want to get back to anime again!

Quote Originally Posted by redfrau View Post
    No characters, although I always thought Rapunzel was the coolest thing. I also love Galadriel from Lord of the Rings. But honestly, I decided to grow it out when I was looking at some old selfies and realized that the longest my hair has ever been is about APL, and I liked the natural, relaxed way it made me feel to have hair that long. So I sort of inspired myself ... I guess. Is that weird?
    Not at all! Actually this is the best inspiration
    Pixie!- Shingle - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder...

Length
    0.25/48/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I read the Korean manga "Demon Diary" when I was 15 and the Demon Eclipse is actually the reason that I began to grow my hair. He had around mid thigh hair and I thought that it looked awesome I also liked Meruhesaes hair, but it was (and is) a bit a bit longer than I want mine + I love straight hair more

Home is where the heart is

Length
    BSL/MBL/Class
    Type
    2b/M/ii

My inspiration has always been Ariel, not incidentally because of the hair colour

Length
    buzz/15/35
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

There's a character in one of the later Anne of Green Gables books, Anne's House of Dreams, called Leslie, and this description of her hair always stayed with me:

'She had taken the opportunity of what she expected to be an afternoon alone to wash her hair, and she was standing on the veranda in the sunshine to dry it. It fell all about her to her feet in a fountain of living gold. When she saw me she hurried in, and the wind caught her hair and swirled it all around her--Danae in her cloud.'
    Growing out a buzzcut since September 2019

buzz -- shaggy pixie-ish mess -- bob -- SL -- APL -- MBL -- waist -- hip

Length
    29"/TB/CLSC
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Loveletters View Post
    Oh I remember being so shocked when she cut her braids off at one point. I believe when season 5 started. Broke my 9 year old heart. ;-;
    I think it was in the spin-off show, if I remember correctly. So sad! She had beautiful hair.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Another person here to say Game of Thrones was a major inspo! All of the girls have such gorgeous locks!

Length
    12/14/19
    Type
    1b/1c/C/ii/iii

Giselle from Enchanted and Megan Hunt from Body of Proof

Length
    24/35/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

One of my memories is of three seconds of long braided hair on the Summer Holiday musical. The length of those braids... ever since I have wanted braids long enough to wrap round my head (note to self: do not leave them vulnerable to being cut off by others!?
    Hair pictures on my instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kjmacg/