Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A midwesterner with long hair. Shocking! ...not.

Length
    10''/26''/40''
    Type
    3c/4a/M/C/iii

Default Re: A midwesterner with long hair. Shocking! ...not.

Welcome Kaitlin.You've come to the right place for all things hair.

The land of Vikings, Northen light and Pippi Longstocking.

Welcome LadyStrange You are in good company. We are many GOT-lovers here. I´m just now taking a break from my Game of thrones book (nr 4) to check out the LHC for a while. Will soon dive back to the other world. Hope you will like it here.

~Apl ~~ Bsl ~ Wl ~~ Hip ~~ Tbl ~~ Classic ~

Length
    17?/37/...
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by LadyStrange View Post
    Hello, all! I found this forum last week, and it was like a godsend. I just had to join.

I'm Kaitlin, 22, from Omaha, Nebraska (no, I do not live on a farm or drive a tractor lol). My hair is a couple inches past BSL, and is pretty fine, medium brown-ish that fades naturally to golden brown at the tips. It's fairly straight, so I loosely french braid it in order to get a little bit of body and wave. I'm contemplating dyeing my hair with henna, but I'm really hesitant because I don't want to end up looking like my head is aflame lol.

Hmmmm, what else? I'm a college student studying history in my final year. Though I don't particularly study the history of hair, historical hairstyles fascinate me. I don't do much with my life, and my only significant hobbies are reading, writing, and Game of Thrones. GoT swallows up my life in so many aspects that it's just a hobby of its own lol

Back to hair, I hope I can learn some stuff on these forums since I don't really know much about taking care of this hair. I've had long hair almost my whole life, but I'm not familiar with some of the finer points of long hair care. I look forward to meeting you guys.
    Welcome Kaitlin, I live in the Great Northeast, not far from the Capital of NY but in the country. I do live on small farm and can drive a tractor, lol. You've come to the right place to learn all kinds of hair care and I have learned a lot about henna just from reading the threads and so much more. I love LHC as there are so many wonderful people sharing ideas, information and pictures of incredible lengths and healthy locks. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
    She foots it ever fair and young, Her locks are tied in haste,
    And one is o’er her shoulder flung, And hangs below her waist

Length
    23ish/23/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Komao View Post
    I live in the Great Northeast, not far from the Capital of NY but in the country. I do live on small farm and can drive a tractor, lol.
    That is so cool! I'd love to visit the Northeastern countryside. Though I admit I don't know much about it, I've heard it's very pretty in the fall. That's more than I can say for most of Nebraska since, admittedly, if it's not Omaha or Lincoln, odds are that it's treeless farmland, hence why everyone everywhere outside of the midwest thinks that all Nebraskans are farmers. lol XD

Length
    25/20/32-45
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

Me too! Im from Omaha too!

Length
    23ish/23/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Me too! Im from Omaha too!
    Hello, fellow Omahan! I wish you luck in your hair adventures. lol XD
    "Shipwrecked on some matte-painted island
    Clad in nothing but the surf: beauty's finest robe"
    ~Song of Myself- Nightwish