Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New here, introducing myself.

Type
    1a/F/i

Default New here, introducing myself.

Hello,

I have finally joined after having been reading what I can on here for around the past two years.

For 2 years and 9 month now I have been growing out all of my bleach and dye damage. My hair is around 26" long, which is about halfway between bsl and waist on me. I have about 2 - 3" of bleached ends left to cut off, but it is barely detectable anymore. I have fine, thin hair with a blunt cut hemline. My goal is waist length virgin hair.

I have learned so much on this forum, and have made changes in how I care for my hair as a result. Things I never used in my vocabulary such as oiling or finger combing, are now commonplace for me.

I hope to continue learning more along the way, and look forward to figuring my way around here and joining in.

Length
    10''/26''/40''
    Type
    3c/4a/M/C/iii

Default Re: New here, introducing myself.

Hi Hopeful 65.Welcome .This site is a wealth of wonderful info.This is the place for all long hair lovers and growers to be !!

Length
    waist/BSL+/...?
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Welcome. You didn't have to wait so long. Lots of people here start with damaged hair. I find the community to be very non-judgemental about what people choose to do to with their hair. Glad to have you here.

Summer of 2017...after "The Chop."

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Glad you decided to come out of the shadows. Welcome!
    DweamGoiL

1c - 2a / f - m / ii | current length = 32.25 inches - working for a thick blunt hemline

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Welcome to LHC!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    1a/F/i

Thank you for the welcomes. I am glad to join LHC. I know it took a long while, but I am shy.

I have stopped blow drying and curling irons for about the past 2 years or so now. I have never used a hair straightener. And I use SLS free shampoo. I also use extra virgin coconut oil, and I have discovered that my hair responds very well to protein.

So many of you on LHC have really helped me and inspired me. I only wish I hadn't spent so many years doing damaging things to my hair, such as perms, highlights, dying. But of course becoming a teen in the 70's, living thru the 80's and 90's, those styles happen.

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful65 View Post
    So many of you on LHC have really helped me and inspired me. I only wish I hadn't spent so many years doing damaging things to my hair, such as perms, highlights, dying. But of course becoming a teen in the 70's, living thru the 80's and 90's, those styles happen.
    Don't worry, we've probably all done more than a few bad and damaging things to our hair (I know I have). I was a teen in the eighties, so that meant crimping and perms! Those were popular too. Anyway, see you around on the "mane" forum.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Chin/BS/Clsic
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

Welcome to the forum . I use the same oil as you, smells yummy and does good work lol

Type
    1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful65 View Post
    Thank you for the welcomes. I am glad to join LHC. I know it took a long while, but I am shy.

I have stopped blow drying and curling irons for about the past 2 years or so now. I have never used a hair straightener. And I use SLS free shampoo. I also use extra virgin coconut oil, and I have discovered that my hair responds very well to protein.

Oh, you're not alone and I doubt much has changed since those times when it comes to the "fun" of damaging hair for looks. I've been damaging mine since 15 I told myself I could never embrace my natural hair because of its color. In addition, I hated straight hair and wanted curls all the time and so you can guess how much effort went into that (irons, rolls, perms...). But then there is a day when all that hits you from a different angle and then thanks to places like LHC, your hair can have a new start. Oh, and welcome to the community, this is a wonderful place with tons of advice on all kinds of hair issues as you have already discovered

Length
    APL/29"/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Hi Hopeful65, welcome to the community!
    Interviewer: "So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?"
    Frank Zappa: "You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?"

Frank Zappa