Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That Mirror Moment...

Length
    CL/29.5/30
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Default That Mirror Moment...

Have you guys had your hair down, walked by a mirror or wherever it may be, and realize... "WOW! My hair has grown!?! It happened to me a couple of days ago. Now it's getting to the point that sometimes if I have my hair down, it sometimes tickles the back of my arm/s. I usually keep it up. I don't like to wear it down that often. Especially when it comes to working retail. Anyway, have you guys had that moment. Please share, would love to hear your stories...

Length
    waist/BSL+/...?
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: That Mirror Moment...

I have something a little different. I guess I perceive my hair as shorter than it actually is, because I see people while out and about and am impressed by how long their hair is...only to realize that it is the same length or sometimes shorter than mine.

Summer of 2017...after "The Chop."

Length
    NS/38/CL
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by woodswanderer View Post
    I have something a little different. I guess I perceive my hair as shorter than it actually is, because I see people while out and about and am impressed by how long their hair is...only to realize that it is the same length or sometimes shorter than mine.
    That's how I am! I know my hair is the longest it's ever been but to me it doesn't feel that long. I see others with long hair on here and IRL and wow at their length even though it might be the same as mine. lol

Length
    TWA/BSB/max
    Type
    4a/4b/M/C/ii/iii

Because of shrinkage, I actually don't notice my hair length. Its always other people (like my mum) telling me how long my hair is
    CBL ~> APL ~>BSB~> BSL ~> MBL ~> WL ~>HL (stretched goals)
    Texlaxed, 52+ weeks since last relaxer
    Slowly growing...

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

Yes I've had those moments. I take my hair down and it's grown a lot more then I thought. My hair has been growing it was brushing further down my back then it did before. I measured it and it grew some. It was an exciting feeling but at the same time i was wanting more growth.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Length
    2/32/40
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I think I'm a bit delusional about my hair. People keep telling me how long my hair but I always feel it's so short, especially after I've had a trim which makes my trimmer (my so) feel guilty becuase I go around saying how I don't have any hair left. Perhaps it's because I always wear it up since I work at a retirement home and really don't want it falling into... stuff. Plus it's not really allowed to wear it down in my line of work.

Length
    waist/TBL/??

Yes, for a while I seemed to be stalled at hip and only 'just' hip since September. But I noticed in the full length mirror just a few days ago that suddenly I'm at tailbone (only 'just', but still!), finally! And when I looked at a photo from September I can really see it, too. I think by September of this year I will be firmly at tailbone--yay!

Length
    Chin/Waist/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by woodswanderer View Post
    I get this too!
    Maintaining at tailbone - Henna head - Recently reunited with cones - Forever destashing - Kitten enthusiast

The Last Hairbender Dreams_in_Pink's Avatar
    Length
    pob/Hip/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

Just yesterday it happened to me. I dropped my bun and said to myself "let's see how it looks". I was shocked by how long and big it looked.

It's awkward because the other day, when i looked at the mirror, it looked like BSL-ish and i got very upset

Chin /// Shoulder /// APL /// BSL ///Waist /// Hip /// BCL /// Tailbone /// Classic (final goal) /// All one length Classic

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I am waiting for that to happen though! I am wearing my hair up 99% of the time at the moment as my 6 week old baby manages to find a single hair and tear it from my head! So in a couple of months I'll let it down and hope to get a little surprise (although I'll know it's mine!)