Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast

Thread: Show your updos (for BSL and shorter)

Length
    SL/CBL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Show your updos (for BSL and shorter)

Looks great, sturdy too blackgothicdoll
    You are cast out from the heavens to the ground
    Blackened feathers falling down

Length
    Pixie/18 in/APL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    I just learned to hold a peacock twist with a fork! I roll the sides to stop them from exploding, but I may need to start using amish pins for my short layers.

(cross post from mapleburl thread)

eta: this is a braidout, def can't do this on my shrunken hair....yet
    Very pretty updo, blackgothicdoll.
    Last edited by luluj; May 13th, 2019 at 05:04 PM.
    ~ Your curls and color seem to dance down your back in merry abandonment ~ Crystawni

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Gorgeous updos, you guys!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Blackgothicdoll I love that style and color with your hair. Really beautiful

Length
    Pixie/18 in/APL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

This is another twist-ponytail, updo. I wrapped a section of my hair around the ponytail and pushed up a bit to give my hair some lift, making it less severe from the front. My red, dangly flexi fit perfectly.

I keep trying the disc bun, but it just won't work. Patience is in short supply it seems.

I need to become more creative, my updos are all starting to look the same. Grow hair, grow!

~ Your curls and color seem to dance down your back in merry abandonment ~ Crystawni

Length
    Pixie/20/?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Very pretty styles everyone!

I had a sudden whim to change my hair today so I did a French plait and flipped the tail up (it was style of the month recently if you want to see the long haired versions!) This is a bit messy because I didnít secure the plait and some of the ends are flopping about

Length
    Pixie/18 in/APL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    Very pretty styles everyone!

I had a sudden whim to change my hair today so I did a French plait and flipped the tail up (it was style of the month recently if you want to see the long haired versions!) This is a bit messy because I didnít secure the plait and some of the ends are flopping about

Looks very pretty, Lady Stardust. I am a fan of the messy look, as opposed to the tighter looks. The loose ends make the style even more pretty. I especially like the way you secured it all with a hair fork.

Length
    Pixie/20/?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by luluj View Post
    Looks very pretty, Lady Stardust. I am a fan of the messy look, as opposed to the tighter looks. The loose ends make the style even more pretty. I especially like the way you secured it all with a hair fork.
    Thank you luluj! I like messier looks too but I’m never sure if I can get away with them. Messy/laid back certainly describes my general style, and I used to long for curls so that I could leave romantic tendrils out rather than straight ends.

This style is incredibly comfortable and surprisingly secure. It makes a nice change from a bun.

I also wanted to thank you luluj for your encouragement upthread about growing to our goals. I feel lucky to have such lovely company on my journey

Length
    8 in./40 in/50 in
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

Quote Originally Posted by luluj View Post
    This is another twist-ponytail, updo. I wrapped a section of my hair around the ponytail and pushed up a bit to give my hair some lift, making it less severe from the front. My red, dangly flexi fit perfectly.

I keep trying the disc bun, but it just won't work. Patience is in short supply it seems.

I need to become more creative, my updos are all starting to look the same. Grow hair, grow!

I think you might have a similar hair color as mine. It is a rather rare color and while I get many comments on it....I would still rather be a blonde. NOt sure the lighting really shows color the best. I so think you have more texture than me.

Oldest LHC Member Currently holding the title: The Eldest
    Radical Believer in the Kingdom of God being here at hand.

Length
    Pixie/18 in/APL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by bparnell75 View Post
    I think you might have a similar hair color as mine. It is a rather rare color and while I get many comments on it....I would still rather be a blonde. NOt sure the lighting really shows color the best. I so think you have more texture than me.

I think you may be right, bparnell75, our color/colours do seem quite similar. Lighting plays many tricks, this is a given.

I have heard that ~silver is the new blonde~ which means that we are trend setters!

My hair is on the fine side for sure, and it often appears thicker due to it being curly/wavy. I am very happy with my hair overall, though.

Your hair is lovely! The updo with the fork is so pretty.