View Poll Results: Your hair colour experiences - natural colour, chemical dyed or henna/indigo?

Voters
685. You may not vote on this poll
  • My hair is virgin and I have never used chemical or herbal dyes

121 17.66%
  • I have used henna/indigo/herbs for a SHORT time

105 15.33%
  • I have used henna/indigo/herbs for a LONG time

96 14.01%
  • I have used chemical dyes/bleach for a SHORT time

69 10.07%
  • I have used chemical dyes/bleach for a LONG time

142 20.73%
  • I am currently growing out my natural colour

149 21.75%
  • I currently have all virgin hair but have used dye before

181 26.42%
  • I am currently contemplating dyeing my hair with henna/indigo/herbs

42 6.13%
  • I am currently contemplating dyeing my hair with chemical dyes or bleach

21 3.07%
  • Cheese because there's not enough options!

56 8.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Your hair colour - natural, dyed, or henna

Length
    APL/WL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Your hair colour - natural, dyed, or henna

Bleached my hair for the first time when I was 15, did it myself. Didn't like the results so I bleached again and had a beautiful strawberry blonde, 15 year old me digged it but you could tell it was blotchy. Got bored a few months later and decided to bleach it yet again to lighten it up some more. That is when it turned into string cheese and I was afraid to brush it or else it would break off and fall out. Went swimming one day and the chlorine stuck to my hair so then I had a blue hue in my hair, hated it. I then dyed it red but it turned out more like a hot pink, I was dreadful. Grew it out for a year, then asked my stylist to cut off as much of the color as possible. Have never bleached or dyed my hair since then

But a henna red sounds beautiful on my dark brown hair. I might try it one of these days

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I have never dyed and I think my hair is so prone to damage that they wouldn't have been able to handle it.

I've been dying my hair black since I was 15 with chemical dye but about 2 years ago thanks to this forum I decided to try henna/indigo, love it & now use them both to get my raven locks. Honestly, I couldn't imagine myself without black hair.

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Through my teens I played with dye and bleach. Since my first buzz cut back in 2014 I haven't touched chemical dye or bleach since, only plant-based dye.
    I have had this beautiful blueish-green color on top of my virgin hair before, and I am sooo tempted to go back. I'm really trying not to though, in hair communities I do get a lot of compliments of my natural brown-with-copper.
    While the dye I use isn't harmful whatsoever, in fact it's a great deep conditioner!, it could permanently stain my hair slightly. A slight green tint to brown hair could look super weird. If I dyed, I'd have to stick to dyeing forever!
    Just trying to get by

Mediocre Clarinet Player ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

Throughout my teens I dyed my hair a lot - sometimes natural colors like reds or browns, but I've also done many shades of pink, blue, orange, purple. I tried growing my natural hair color out once in my early 20s but that didn't last long My hair is already brown but I had the impulse to dye it dark dark brown. I really liked that color and kept it for a while. Then I tried growing my natural hair color out again but I wanted one last hoorah before it was completely virgin, so I bleached the bottom half that was previously dyed and wore some fun colors before chopping it all off and having completely virgin hair, which is what I have today.

I do get the urge to color my hair still but I remind myself that it took literally years to grow out all the dye and that my hair is in a much healthier state now. I know I could deposit dye but my hair is a fairly dark brown so those colors just don't show up vibrant - and if I'm going to color my hair I want it to be vibrant.

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    2b/2c/F/M/i/ii

I used chemical hair dye as a teen and later, during my 20s, I dyed my hair black with henna and indigo. The whole process started to bother me so a few yars ago I switched back to black hair dye out of the box.

Length
    SL/Knee+/Knee+
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

My current hair is all virgin. The first time in my teens, I got a couple of blond foils and a semi permanent brown. The bleach really damaged my hair and I decided no bleach ever again. I started putting semi permanents in my self after. I’ve done brown, black and purple. The last time i coloured my hair was in my teens. I looked into getting a Professional semi permanent once since being an adult but decided against it due to the cost.
    Hello

Length
    SL/SL/TL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I have all virgin hair for the first time since I was 13! (I'm turning 30 next month...)

Funnily enough I was dying my hair an Auburn colour...guess what my natural is. Yes, Auburn.

I've always had virgin hair. I've experimented with every length under the rainbow, but dyeing feels weirdly off-limits

My hair is virgin right now, but have used dyes a lot in the past.