Page 3 of 84 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Make your own flexi 8 type hairclip! Or modify a flexi!

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

Default Re: Make your own flexi 8 type hairclip! Or modify a flexi!

Glad you have joined us Cimarronsun.

Took this picture in the last little bit of daylight, so the quality isn't so great. Tomorrow I will try to get the rest of my flexi selfies. But this one is my favorite. All materials came from Michael's and I used a 40% off entire jewelery coupon. (Sign up for their email coupons- they're great.) That is artifical turquoise and real amythest. Now the center bead is interesting, it has 4 holes in it- and Michael's has a lot of 4 holed bead options..! So it is super easy to make into an 8 shape.

I really like using just a plain wood or acrylic stick. Makes the whole thing very lightweight.

And this particular "8" is the perfect size (for me), totally customized! Not quite mega sized.

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

Wow, CimarronSun. That is amazing.
    It is great to know about the four holed beads. What a perfect solution.
    Yes, the thing I love best about the hand made flexis is that they are customizable. It's hard not fitting their standard sizes. And the hairstick option is not only lightweight, but you can change the hairsticks around and use the type you like even if it is a spiral or something else. But you can buy the flexi type sticks if you like them attached. It's all your choice, which is wonderful.
    I can't wait to see what else you did.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

You guys are *so* creative! Hope you don't get trouble from Flexi8, though, because who knows how they'll take it.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

Thanks for your compliment, Lapushka.

Please don't worry about us. A Flexi consultant has already told me that there is no problem here.
    As I mentioned to you before, there is nothing whatsoever that is illegal (or immoral) about making beaded hairtoys. Nobody is pretending these are actual flexis and selling them as such or doing anything that would concern the company. Actually, if a member did want to make one to sell, that is perfectly fine too, so long as the person was not representing their beaded hairtoy as being an actual flexi-8.

I'm surprised that you are still concerned enough to come all the way from the Flexi thread to repeat this STUFF* here, actually, when it was explained to you before and you have had time since to look the subject.
    Also, you were the person that suggested that we make a separate thread for this, so now that we have one, why are you appearing here like the bad fairy at the christening and spreading doubt?

I sincerely hope that no one is discouraged from continuing to make flexi-8 'type' clips by Lapushka's post, or discouraged from posting on this thread.

EDIT: to remove a word that another member did not approve of.
    Last edited by chen bao jun; May 23rd, 2014 at 08:43 AM.

I take offense to the word nonsense.. a valid concern should never be considered nonsense and as she never got a valid answer about the concern I can understand why she keeps asking.
    Last edited by eadwine; May 23rd, 2014 at 08:31 AM.

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

Okay, I will happily retract the word 'nonsense'.
    I don't know what you would consider a valid answer, Eadwine, since I said
    1) that a flexi-8 consultant has told me there is no problem
    and
    2) that if you look U.S. law on this subject, there is nothing illegal being done.
    I think that is perfectly clear English and it has now been said three times (including the time it was said over on the flexi thread) and I have nothing further to say on the subject. Further posts on the subject will be considered to be thread jacking by me and if you go on I will consider it to be sabotage and I will have a discussion about this with the mods. I don't know what they will say, but if this thread dies, I will simply come back to the Flexi 8 thread with my beaded hairtoys.
    I don't know what the problem is with the two of you, but although I have no bad wishes towards you (in fact I wish you well), I am not going to let you intimidate me out of creating things I like and showing them on LHC. Got it?
    I apologize to the others if I sound harsh. The internet does not let you show your tone of voice. It is simply that we have gone through this once before. I was more polite then.

Length
    nape/waist/tbl
    Type
    1b/F/ii

What a creative idea everyone. I am really impressed with how they look and I actually like some of these better than the flexi 8. I don't usually craft anything at all but may try my hand at these. Looks fun!!

Length
    pixie/22.5/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I looked through my beads today I have serpentine, epidolite (?), Rose Quartz, carnelian, moonstone and some brown marbled non gemstone beads. I can't wait to get cracking and make something!

ETA: epidote not epidolite! I have some seraphinite too, and then one single bead of each of the following: sodalite, amber, nephrite, unakite, and faceted labradorite.
    Last edited by Loviatar; May 23rd, 2014 at 09:25 AM.
    1" (03/13), 18" (05/14); 6yrs off LHC, pixied 10/17, now 22”
    Maybe goals: BSL 28, WL 36, TB 42, CL 50, Knee 62

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

Loviatar, I can't wait.
    Slynr, I hope you do join us!
    I am missing my tools so much. Monday is when I should get them back. here is what I have waiting, from the seller AmazingGrace on ebay (her id is on her card below). I have been dying to have a beaded clip with a cameo, but not a blue one.