Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stylist Comment Bent Me Out of Shape....

Length
    Neck/APL/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Stylist Comment Bent Me Out of Shape....

Note: I will delete this post by the end of the day because it does show my face.... Hopefully someone will weigh in before then LOL

So I live in a small town and I ran into my stylist Now I really, really like her and feel my hair is safe in her hands I haven't seen her in several months though because I'm growing my hair, of course. I told her this and she seemed very supportive, but then she said, "Well just come in so we can cut you some bangs to hide that forehead while it grows." (Her emphasis)

Then she was like

So then of course I was like

But when she walked away I was like

And ever since then when I look in the mirror my forehead is saying "Look at me!" Now I don't mind having a large forehead...that doesn't bother me at all. But I'm wondering if one or two of you would take a quick look at my hairstyle and my frankenforehead and tell me if you would take her advice? Would the style look better with some bangs/fringe/forehead coverup???

(Edited to remove pics)

I combed through my hair and arranged it like I wear on an everyday basis...nothing fancy or glammed up so you can see how I normally rock it Thank you for your honesty!
    Last edited by momschicklets; April 16th, 2014 at 03:43 PM.

Length
    Pixie/102cm/150cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Stylist Comment Bent Me Out of Shape....

You have a smaller forehead than me, and I think you look beautiful just the way you are. I think bangs would cover up your beautiful face too much. Don't change a thing. She was being rude, AND she was wrong about your forehead in the first place.

ETA: That's not to say that you wouldn't look good with bangs. You would be beautiful either way, but don't do it because someone else told you to. By the way, you have perfect skin.

97 cm Photo taken 1-1-2017

Length
    BSL/clas/?
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

This is coming from someone who DOES have a high forehead and HAS had bangs to cover them up her whole life - don't change a thing! You have a beautiful face and I believe any hairstyle you choose to wear would look great - bangs or no bangs.

Length
    nape/waist/tbl
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I totally have a five head, you do not. Nothing wrong with your forehead and the way you are wearing your hair. Only change if YOU want it. Hate it when someone plants a small seed of doubt...like 'thanks lady'!!

Your very attractive and don't give it another thought.

Length
    MBL/Waist/Long
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

I think you would look good with bangs, but you certainly don't need them!

Waist ~ Hip ~ TBL ~ Classic ~ Knee

Length
    17.00/19.25/BSL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Nah, not necessary -- if you're happy with no bangs, then why change? They are a pain in the butt to grow out!!

Length
    shldr/mbl/bcl
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Wow that's quite rude for her to say! I don't think you need bangs at all! I mean no one really needs them but you get what I mean.

Finally APL, next is BSL Sterlyn's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/23/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

First off I think your stylist needs to work on her manners and social skills. I thought her comment was out of line. Whether bangs would be an asset to how you look is for you to decide, not her to bring up out of the blue.

Second, after looking at your pics, I think she was dead wrong. Your look is very natural, girl next door and attractive. I don't see anything out of balance with your face and that "hide that forehead" comment, WTH????.

Also your hair seems rather wavy/curly in your pic, bangs can get very ornery on wavy hair. I love the idea of bangs on me, but the everyday reality is something else and my hair is not nearly as wavy as yours. And then there is the maintenance to consider, either you trim them yourself or you need to schedule regular visits.

The short version is, I think your hair is lovely as it is and you would look just as lovely with bangs if that is what you wanted. But you don't need bangs or anything else to hide any part of your face.

Length
    wl/90"/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

You are lucky to have a stylist that you can trust and is so supportive but I think having no bangs compliments the shape of your face LauraLongLocks is right, you look beautiful just the way you are!
    Your body is what you are, your soul is who you are.

Lady Elemiah of the Blessed Journey in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    -/BCL/?
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Your forehead looks fine to me. Not big at all, and definitely not too big. No need to cover it up! I am sure you would look good with bangs, but not necessarily better, as you are so very beautiful already