Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2969777879

Thread: Furnival's Workshop

Length
    APL+/CL+/~MTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Default Re: Furnival's Workshop

Oh, so cool, Suortuva, and I can hardly wait to see your pics! The versatility of these is such a bonus, hey!

I got notice that my package had arrived at the PO first thing this morning, so scampered a block over to collect my precious ASAP. Within minutes I'd unpacked my resin squirly, ogled its wonderment, taken some fuzzbucket pics and thrown it into a bun where it resides right now a few hours later. Gaaaaaaaaawd, guys, it's perfect! Smooth, sturdy, rounded out nicely with fine points, twirls in like a dream, holds like a rock and has a teeny bit of give--middling between the stiffness of wood and the spring of antler. No tackiness or heat issues, either.

Sorry about the pic quality--tis be a rush job in bleh indoor conditions, but I just couldn't wait to show you all! Believe me, it's much moar betters in person--the colours and light play are mesmerising, so hopefully I can grab better shots another day.

Furnival, tis a winnah!! I'm right now. You rock!

Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~Onwards, through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

Length
    APL+/CL+/~MTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Crystawni View Post
    That slender antler looks perfect on you, gin! And wooooo, Booky! I'm glad you snagged the red helix--I think you have one of the bestest hair shades for it! The new acrylic helix forks should be great workhorses for those lucky enough to adopt them. I've been drooling from the back row while I wait for my blue Alumilite resin one, which should be here any day, so if not tomorrow (Friday), it will be next week. I'm curious to see if there's much of a difference between the resin (can be softer and more easily heat-affected) and acrylic, so may have to look at an acrylic one for myself in the future (I'd be up for a black one, or clear would be uber cool, so may have a chat with Claire about a custom after I try out the blue one!).

For now, aaaand a ponytail action shot of my new ribbony antler helix that travelled my way not too long ago:

And while I'm taking craptastic pics today, here's the above antler swirling around in a full bun:

Length
    Chin/TBL/Class
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Crystawni, what beauties you’ve got! They look so lovely in your mane. That blue absolutely pops. Glad to hear how comfortable and easy to use it is.
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Hip(34.5)**BCL(35.5)**TBL(38.0)**Sit(39.5)**Classic(42.5)**FTL(46.5)

Length
    APL+/CL+/~MTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Thanks, Booky! I'm hanging to see how you get on with yours!

Oh, and I forgot to mention that my walnut whirler I mentioned upthread arrived safe and sound within days, and is also a winnah, especially for stealth purposes. No action pics--yet. Just imagine it in the bun from today, but darkly blendable.

Length
    APL+/CL+/~MTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Better resin helix pics in sunshine!

[Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

lol Crystawni, you and me always share hairtoys taste! I asked some days ago to Furnival for a walnut helix because I just need it as a basic love so much the resin helixes, but got to wait until longer lenghts are avaiable (helixes under 6" are a no-no for me now, sigh). Love the color of that blue one, looks superb on you! Are the prongs very flexible, or just right?

BSL • MBL • WL • HL • BCL • TBL • CL
    Thickness: 5 1/2" - 14cm | Length: 38 1/4" - 97cm
    My little braid thread

Length
    APL+/CL+/~MTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Milady_DeWinter View Post
    lol Crystawni, you and me always share hairtoys taste! I asked some days ago to Furnival for a walnut helix because I just need it as a basic love so much the resin helixes, but got to wait until longer lenghts are avaiable (helixes under 6" are a no-no for me now, sigh). Love the color of that blue one, looks superb on you! Are the prongs very flexible, or just right?
    The prongs hold themselves solidly, with just enough flex to alleviate prong stress (avoiding potential plastic snap) while being almost as rigid as wood with no pinch/squish or movement in situ. Kinda like antler on steroids. I hope longer lengths come your way soon! These are so much the Goldilocks of hairtoys! I still have mine in this evening (in the 2nd bun that I photographed outdoors), and could headbang until dawn and it wouldn't budge. Seriously, no movement. Weightless hair, I haz it!

Walnut (especially black and claro) is defs my go-to base colour, along with wenge and most shades of ebony, and I can imagine it will suit you down to the ground, Milady!

[Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Crystawni View Post
    The prongs hold themselves solidly, with just enough flex to alleviate prong stress (avoiding potential plastic snap) while being almost as rigid as wood with no pinch/squish or movement in situ. Kinda like antler on steroids. I hope longer lengths come your way soon! These are so much the Goldilocks of hairtoys! I still have mine in this evening (in the 2nd bun that I photographed outdoors), and could headbang until dawn and it wouldn't budge. Seriously, no movement. Weightless hair, I haz it!

Walnut (especially black and claro) is defs my go-to base colour, along with wenge and most shades of ebony, and I can imagine it will suit you down to the ground, Milady!
    Those are great news Thank you lots for the info! I definitely need a waterproof helix, I was just a little bit worried that resin would be a tad too flexible for my way too heavy bun. Also, talking about heaviness, how heavy is it compared to other materials?

And yep, all of those woods are basics for me too. I love walnut so much: it's a camo color, resistant and not in the heavy side, plus it's quite common: a win-win!

BSL • MBL • WL • HL • BCL • TBL • CL
    Thickness: 5 1/2" - 14cm | Length: 38 1/4" - 97cm
    My little braid thread