Thread: Furnival's Workshop

Length
    Chin/TBL/Class
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Default Re: Furnival's Workshop

Quote Originally Posted by mwallingford View Post
    I second the above! I can hardly wait to see action shots

Looks like the red one's gone that C_Bookworm mentioned... who took the bait?
    Hehe, Iím guilty of nabbing the red one myself. I was referencing the orange and black one.
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Hip(34.5)**BCL(35.5)**TBL(38.0)**Sit(39.5)**Classic(42.5)**FTL(46.5)

Length
    BSL/TBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bookworm View Post
    Hehe, Iím guilty of nabbing the red one myself. I was referencing the orange and black one.
    Ah, I see; you have terrific taste! The orange and black isn't really my color scheme, but I'm sure someone will fall head over heels for it. I'm curious to see if anybody who got a blue helix (I think there were two sold?) will post any action shots here

Length
    Chin/TBL/Class
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Ah, I see; you have terrific taste! The orange and black isn't really my color scheme, but I'm sure someone will fall head over heels for it. I'm curious to see if anybody who got a blue helix (I think there were two sold?) will post any action shots here
    Awwww thank you Iím curious myself! I hadnít realized there were any others besides Crystawniís original and the two I saw today. Apparently I need to up my Etsy stalking skills Blue sounds gorgeous!
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    APL+/CL+/~MTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

That slender antler looks perfect on you, gin! And wooooo, Booky! I'm glad you snagged the red helix--I think you have one of the bestest hair shades for it! The new acrylic helix forks should be great workhorses for those lucky enough to adopt them. I've been drooling from the back row while I wait for my blue Alumilite resin one, which should be here any day, so if not tomorrow (Friday), it will be next week. I'm curious to see if there's much of a difference between the resin (can be softer and more easily heat-affected) and acrylic, so may have to look at an acrylic one for myself in the future (I'd be up for a black one, or clear would be uber cool, so may have a chat with Claire about a custom after I try out the blue one!).

For now, aaaand a ponytail action shot of my new ribbony antler helix that travelled my way not too long ago:

Last edited by Crystawni; October 9th, 2019 at 11:27 PM. Reason: added pic

Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~Onwards, through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

Length
    BSL/TBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Awwww thank you I’m curious myself! I hadn’t realized there were any others besides Crystawni’s original and the two I saw today. Apparently I need to up my Etsy stalking skills Blue sounds gorgeous!
    You're quite welcome! Your Etsy stalking skills are pretty on par; I think you're only missing two (a blue and black helix and another orange and black helix that both sold). Blue is my absolute FAVORITE color, so I'm hoping that one day I can buy a blue acrylic helix

Lovely as always Crystawni! That topper is so unique and the helix flows in and out of your hair effortlessly

Length
    Chin/TBL/Class
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Crystawni View Post
    That slender antler looks perfect on you, gin! And wooooo, Booky! I'm glad you snagged the red helix--I think you have one of the bestest hair shades for it! The new acrylic helix forks should be great workhorses for those lucky enough to adopt them. I've been drooling from the back row while I wait for my blue Alumilite resin one, which should be here any day, so if not tomorrow (Friday), it will be next week. I'm curious to see if there's much of a difference between the resin (can be softer and more easily heat-affected) and acrylic, so may have to look at an acrylic one for myself in the future (I'd be up for a black one, or clear would be uber cool, so may have a chat with Claire about a custom after I try out the blue one!).

For now, aaaand a ponytail action shot of my new ribbony antler helix that travelled my way not too long ago:

That looks lovely in your hair That style seems like a really good compromise between wanting to see the pretty helix vs. wanting to hold your hair securely in place.

You're quite welcome! Your Etsy stalking skills are pretty on par; I think you're only missing two (a blue and black helix and another orange and black helix that both sold). Blue is my absolute FAVORITE color, so I'm hoping that one day I can buy a blue acrylic helix

Lovely as always Crystawni! That topper is so unique and the helix flows in and out of your hair effortlessly
    I hope the perfect shade of blue comes through someday just for you. Now that resin is in the mix, the possibilities seem endless...which may or may not be a good thing for all the Etsy stalkers out there!

Length
    APL+/CL+/~MTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Thank you, mwallingford (fingers crossed for that blue for you) and Booky (yeeeeeup on the stalkerage of endless waterproof yumstuffs).

Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~Onwards, through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

Length
    CBL/MBL/CL
    Type
    1b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by gin View Post
    My antler helix finally arrived! Claire made this as a custom for me:

I thought this might be one of my last hairtoy purchases, but I may get one of those resin ones if she makes more of them!
    This looks beautiful and it suits you really well, gin! Whatís the length of this helix?

Length
    BSL/TBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

I hope the perfect shade of blue comes through someday just for you. Now that resin is in the mix, the possibilities seem endless...which may or may not be a good thing for all the Etsy stalkers out there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystawni View Post
    Thank you, mwallingford (fingers crossed for that blue for you) and Booky (yeeeeeup on the stalkerage of endless waterproof yumstuffs).
    You both are so sweet! I'm hoping that if/when the perfect blue comes along I'll have the funds to match it.

We'll all just have to keep our eyes peeled

Length
    17,5/24/?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

So, my yew helix arrived a couple of days ago. It was very safely packed, I was lucky that DH was home so he could open the door for postman.

This helix is so beautiful, and smooth (eh, I got the bright idea to stick my finger inside it from the topper end. Nothing I can recommend, there was a moment of panic...). It's huge too, there's place for my antler helix inside it! I have a special box just for my antler helix, and now they are living inside it together. But, I can actually use it. I was a bit worried when I saw how big it was, but it works actually great and ads volume to my messy buns. And it's amazing to have it in a peacock twist, inserted vertically. Make it look bigger for sure. Let's see if I can fix some pictures later. But I'm really happy I got this one.
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!