Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you trim straight across?

Length
    BSL/BCL/CL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Default Re: How do you trim straight across?

There are some more links here, at the bottom of the first post!

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/BSL/waist
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

This was my method of self-trimming.
    1) If you always part in the same place, leave your usual part, but part your hair straight down the middle in the back.
    2) Comb each half of your hair smoothly and evenly forward to join into a single ponytail just under your chin. Check to make sure all the hair comes smoothly forward; lumps and crossed-up hair will give uneven results.
    3) Now comb the ponytail under your chin straight down.
    4) Close a book (I use a child's hard page book) over your ponytail and slide the book down toward the ends until you get to the part that you want to trim. Make sure the book is even, not slanted. Cut straight across the hair protruding from the bottom of the book. Use the bottom of the book as your straight edge.

Be conservative! Cut maybe half the amount you want to trim first, then release your hair and check it in the mirror. If you like the shape, repeat and cut again.

Length
    SL/MBL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    1) If you always part in the same place, leave your usual part, but part your hair straight down the middle in the back.
    2) Comb each half of your hair smoothly and evenly forward to join into a single ponytail just under your chin. Check to make sure all the hair comes smoothly forward; lumps and crossed-up hair will give uneven results.
    4) Close a book (I use a child's hard page book) over your ponytail and slide the book down toward the ends until you get to the part that you want to trim. Make sure the book is even, not slanted. Cut straight across the hair protruding from the bottom of the book. Use the bottom of the book as your straight edge.

Be conservative! Cut maybe half the amount you want to trim first, then release your hair and check it in the mirror. If you like the shape, repeat and cut again.
    Sounds good! I may test this method on my kid first, haha! My girls are due for hair trims
    Current length: MBL
    Goal: Waist (Summer 2014)

Length
    <3in/Hip/TMI
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Thanks spidermom, have squirrelled that info away

Length
    -/BCL/?
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Thanks Spidermom! I plan to trim my hair this week, and I want to try a U-shaped hemline.

I'd rather be outside browneyedsusan's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

You are a SMARTY!
    I love the children's book idea; like a diy crea-clip!
    Brilliant!!!

henna keeps it
    red, and red makes me happy.
    Pixied for 15+ years and liked it.
    Growing for fun.

Length
    APL/Waist/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii/iii

Awesome, thanks for sharing this method! I've had really uneven results the two times I tried Feye's method so I'm excited to try this next year.

Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Ok, I tried this tonight and I have to say I am personally THRILLED with the results! Thank you Spidermom! ! I have been trimming/cutting my own hair for years and years now, but I could never quite figure out a good way to get a super even straight across style of cut, so when I saw this and knew I was due for a trim (it's been well over six months... I needed it!) I thought I may as well give it a shot with this– so glad I did! Thanks again!

I will be definitely trying this method next week when I straight trim my hair first time for myself!! Thank you!

Length
    ChinL/WL+/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I trim straight across for a blunt hemline.