Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Yr Progress/Length

Length
    ??/19.5/36
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

Default One Yr Progress/Length

Now this pic is from before LHC, but I came across a photo of myself from last September. Unfortunately allll that length is going to have to be cut off b/c the relaxed ends are sooo damaged. But before I do, I have to show you guys!

Sept. 2007

March 2008:

Aug/Sept 2008:

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to cut the relaxed 6 inches of hair off, but while I still have them I figured I should show them.
    Red and Blue in the wind, a brave yell, we have a name,everybody knows, Barca, Barca, Barca! Blaugrana al vent, un crit valent,tenim un nom, el sap tothom:Barça, Barça, Barça!

Length
    12/28/40
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Default Re: One Yr Progress/Length

Wow, Your hair is so long when stretched out... But smart of you to cut off the ends, it will be muhc healthier and you can start fresh!

Length
    S-L/APL/BSL
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

Your hair looks much thicker and more healthy with curls. Very nice! Do you use a texturizer or is it your natural curl?
    Love the glasses btw

Length
    1inch/1inch/TB
    Type
    1b/M/i/ii

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing, and keep on growing!

Length
    ??/19.5/36
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

In the middle pic, that's the relaxer I'm growing out. in the bottom pic the curl up by my roots are natural. luckily the stylist who relaxed my hair put it in and washed it right out and didn't let it get too straight. I've been transitioning for a yr and my relaxed ends are a 3a/b and my natural hair is 3b/c/4a (combination). The thickness is actually all fluff unfortunately.

And thanks! My glasses are my lifeline...If I ever lose them I'm stranded until someone finds them for me...
    Red and Blue in the wind, a brave yell, we have a name,everybody knows, Barca, Barca, Barca! Blaugrana al vent, un crit valent,tenim un nom, el sap tothom:Barça, Barça, Barça!

Length
    S-L/APL/BSL
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

Glasses make the face, I say! Finding the right pair really makes a big difference. Who doesn´t want to look like a sexy librarian?

Length
    Shldr/Hip/Fngrs
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

Congratulations on your progress. It's always amazing seeing someone with such tight curls grow out their hair... !!

Length
    ??/19.5/36
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by minkstole View Post
    Who doesn´t want to look like a sexy librarian?
    My thoughts exactly! Lol, I've been wearing glasses since I was 5, I'm so used to them, I can't imagine wearing contacts or having laser surgery--even though those two aren't even options for me

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Your hair has grown so much! Great progress! Are you planning one big chop or going gradually? There is a great article written by Nightshade at the articles section about how to treat damaged hair. She opted for very gradual trims herself.

Good luck!

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    S-L/APL/BSL
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Barca View Post
    My thoughts exactly! Lol, I've been wearing glasses since I was 5, I'm so used to them, I can't imagine wearing contacts or having laser surgery--even though those two aren't even options for me
    I too have had glasses since forever, though I have worn mostly contacts outside the home for the last 20 years. I have a square/ablong face and have yet to find glasses that do not make me look stern and humourless. Ah, one can dream, no?.