Thread: Wait for Red Raj or Order Rajasthani Twilight

Length
    SL/SL/WL

Question Wait for Red Raj or Order Rajasthani Twilight

I had my hair henna'd a few years ago, and I loved it. As my hair grew out I quit hennaing it, and it is just my natural color right now after several haircuts. It is a medium brown that has a reddish tone in certain light. I am wanting to henna my hair again, and I am hoping to get a more red color (less orange). I would even love it if it eventually went a little more burgundy. I keep seeing everyone on LHC recommending Red Raj. On her facebook page she says it might be in stock in 5-7 days. Or I could order Rajasthani Twilight right now from Mehandi (this is where I used to order my henna from). Do you think there is a big difference in what color each one will produce? Should I wait for the Red Raj so that I can get a more red color?

Length
    13?/30/Long
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: Wait for Red Raj or Order Rajasthani Twilight

I use twilight and get quite a red tint from it. Haven't used Red Raj though to compare though so I don't know if I am being particularly helpful.

Speaking of which I need to order some henna myself.
    Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour.~Ovid~
    Nae

Length
    17/24.5/27
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I haven't tried Rajasthani Twilight, but I have used Red Raj and Beachcombers' Rajasthani henna. The Red Raj and Beachcombers' Rajasthani have the same lawsone content (3.29%) and are both body art quality, and I got the same results with them.

Length
    SL/SL/WL

Thank you both! Oatmealpie, I hadn't heard of Beachcombers' Rajasthani before. I will check it out, thanks! How quick is the dye release with it?

Length
    17/24.5/27
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by *Summer* View Post
    Thank you both! Oatmealpie, I hadn't heard of Beachcombers' Rajasthani before. I will check it out, thanks! How quick is the dye release with it?
    It was the same as for Jamila or Red Raj. I mixed it with hot (not boiling) hibiscus tea, and it was activated within an hour.