Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone want to do an inversion challenge with me?

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Anyone want to do an inversion challenge with me?

I tried it last month did Indian Head massage and gained 1\2 inch.
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

Length
    17/30/30
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I've been doing inversion method every other day when I oil my hair. Haven't noticed any extraordinary growth.

Length
    SHLDR/TBL+/CLSC?
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I'll give it a go I've been getting more growth than normal lately anyway though, so I'm not sure if I'll get any results but I figure it can't hurt much to try!
    No trims in 2014! 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12!
    Hip (34")
    --> BCL (36") --> TBL (~38") --> Dreaming of Classic (42") --> Mid thigh?! (~46"?)

Once and Future Long-Hair XcaliburGirl's Avatar
    Length
    23/27.5/CL 44
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

I'm skeptical, but 4 minutes a day won't take much out of my usual routine. So why not?

Today is Day 1. Standard length measure is 28". Shortest layer on the top of my head is 14" (root to tip).

I am not going to use oil, since my scalp is sensitive. I will skip inversion tomorrow since I am donating platelets this evening. That usually makes me a little light-headed the day after.

Day 2 will be Saturday.

Hm... I invert all the time in my Aerial dancing -- I wonder if it's affecting my hair growth at all =P

Length
    pixie/TBL/45 in
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Most people on here are younger but if you have high blood pressure or retinal problems especially history of detachment or if you have glaucoma it can be dangerous but if you are young and healthy it should be no problem.Since I have the retinal problems listed, I only do a manual scalp massage with those funny looking spider shaped massagers from Bed and bath.And at 61 my hair grows about an inch a month,good nutrition,and daily cardio also help the circulation so add that too ,while also doing your inversion .Good luck!
    Last edited by dulce; March 16th, 2014 at 11:46 AM.

Length
    SL/33/50
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I measured 3x times and kept getting 26 7/8. I did my first inverted massage with argan oil. My mom got some and she have me a bit today. It smells sooooo good. I need to get some of my own now! Oh, and the first time in a week my scalp has not itched! Lets hope all this oiling resets my scalp... and that my hair really does grow! If anything I would love to just get to the 27" mark sooner rather than later!

June 2022 chopped back to WL (33”)
    Fixing autoimmune issues, insulin resistance, mental health and inflammation with the bonus of losing 80 pounds (60+ to go) and growing stronger hair and nails.

Length
    15.5/22.5/30
    Type
    2b/C/iii

I did it last month for only three days (I skipped a day and lost motivation) and ended the month with an extra quarter inch! That's a lot for a slow grower like me. I'm doing it again this week for the full seven days to see if there was anything to it or if it was just a random growth spurt. I don't use any oil, I just massage for three to five minutes and hang my head off the edge of my bed for four. Playing a song about that length makes it seem to go faster.

Length
    SL/33/50
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I learned my lesson the hard way... my mom did not have pure argan oil, it was a 'hair treatment' with argan oil 4th on the list. I have been suffering from a migraine ever since. I liked the smell in the beginning, but now even after a wash, the smell is still there and I can seem to completely kick it. Normally I dont think it would be this bad, but I forgot to take my migraine prevention meds 2 nights ago, so that might have played into it. If the migraine is still here tonight, I will skip the inversion, but still do a oil massage.

Oh, the good thing though is that I have been wanting to make a magnesium oil body butter, as topical application is suppose to help absorb magnesium better than pills, which is what part of my migraine prevention meds. I have not had one in a month so I thought I might have finally gotten over them (we thought pregnancy/hormone related and I gave birth 3 months ago) so it was not high priority. But now I think it is, so that means I get to buy shea butter and play with making hair butters too!

June 2022 chopped back to WL (33”)
    Fixing autoimmune issues, insulin resistance, mental health and inflammation with the bonus of losing 80 pounds (60+ to go) and growing stronger hair and nails.

Length
    13 in/18 in/35 in
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii/iii

I started the inversion method today I used moraccon argon oil for my scalp then right after applied a thick coat of coconut oil then put my hair in braids.