Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PURE ARGAN OIL.. worth it?

not the moroccan oil, or products "with" argan oil.. I mean the pure 100% argan oil, anyone here a fan? it's pricey, but im willing to spend for silky goodnes...

brand?
    where did you get it?
    what it does for you?

Thanks!

oh, and what does it smell like?

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Default Re: PURE ARGAN OIL.. worth it?

I like argan oil, but I prefer it on skin, as it has carotenes, squalene, phenols like caffeic acid - beneficial stuff for skin to stay young.

I recommend first either trying it at a health store or buying only a tiny sample bottle. Oil preferences are very personal: something that works for me may not necessarily work for you.

I like buying it in big bottles (it's a cooking oil) at Lebanese / Middle Eastern shops. It's a lot cheaper that way... but then, I'm sure it's not organic expeller-pressed.

Its composition is important to note (I find it a bit close in composition to olive oil):
    Fatty acid Percentage
    Oleic 42.8%
    Linoleic 36.8%
    Palmitic 12.0%
    Stearic 6.0%
    Linolenic <0.5%

Length
    ??/Waist/???
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

My grandmother travelled to Morocco and brought me some argan oil. I use it as a leave in (3-4 drops are enough for my lenght, otherwise gets greasy) and my hair feels silky and less prone to frizz and tangles I like it, but I still prefer my good old coconut oil as a pre wash treatment <3 Lately I have been using the argan oil for my skin too, and works wonders! Smells kind of nutty I guess, not a fan of the scent but I like the results

Back to waist!
    Lady Faylinn of the Guarded Groves
    in the Order of the Long Hair Knights

Length
    BSL/Hip/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

I like it. The brand I use is John Masters, and it is quite pricey. Im sure you could find it cheaper elsewhere.

Length
    APL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/C/ii

It doesn't have to be that expensive. You can find USDA certified organic argan oil way cheaper on ebay than from stores like sephora.

Length
    waist/sl/none
    Type
    2c/M/C/i

My hair, skin, and nails all love argan oil more than any other oil. It is pricey and smells a little odd. I get mine at the local health food store. I could get it slightly cheaper online, but not by much. For some strange reason, my hair reacts badly to olive oil, but is happy with argan. I don't know why. It is just as well as the smell of olive oil is a little much for me.
    Change is the only constant.

Length
    16/48.5/43
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I love mine! I use it to de-frizz and mixed into lotion as a night face treatment. I got 2 oz for $13 on Amazon, I believe the brand is NOW Foods.

Length
    MBL/to/HIP
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I love pure argan oil, but like anything else, what works for me may not for you. If you can get a small bottle, give it a try. It is pricey, but a little goes a looongg way.

brand? Life Flo Pure Organ Oil

where did you get it? Vitamin Shoppe

what it does for you? I use it on damp hair, parted in half, 3 drops on length only per side then damp bun. On dry hair, parted, 2 drops length only per side. On damp hair it helps seal, on dry hair it gives my waves some definition. Given how much I use of it, drops at a time, this bottle will last me a while, making the cost more reasonable.

Life's short...Buy the hair toy...

Persistent Procrastinator teela1978's Avatar
    Length
    19/34/36
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I have a bottle. The health food store had it for ~$10. I've been using it on my face but have used the residue on my hands on the length of my hair. I haven't noticed any huge differences, but it is nice stuff. It has a smell, not a bad one though. Sorta herby? I've had samples of the josiemaran one and that didn't have a scent. I think I'll put up with the smell and just use the cheap stuff though.

Length
    13/31/Donno
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I love it for my face. I mix it with rosehips seed and sea buckthorn oils. I add some EOs as well and use about ten drops morning and night most days on my face neck and chest.

I buy mine from www.mountainrosehebs.com
    ISO: Medium or Small leopard, border, or silky Logo ficcare
    Pixie to TBL. Cut back to waist, thinking of going shorter