Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Newbie Looking For Feedback RE: Long Hair On 50ish Women How Do U Feel About It?

Length
    pixie/17in/25in
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Default Re: Newbie Looking For Feedback RE: Long Hair On 50ish Women How Do U Feel About It?

I'm only in my 20s, but personally, I think long hair looks beautiful and sophisticated on older women, even (or especially) when it's grey. When I'm older, I definitely wanna have long hair with grey streaks. How it comes across might depend on your overall vibe and style of dress, but do what makes you feel good imho! Some folks need to be less judgey and dictatorial

Length
    pixie/17in/25in
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Default Re: Newbie Looking For Feedback RE: Long Hair On 50ish Women How Do U Feel About It?

Quote Originally Posted by copperlites View Post
    My hairdresser, after telling me my hair was "so long and in great condition" last week, suggested I cut it to my shoulders. Erhgh?
    Lmao, she was "negging" you. That is so backhanded. I have had people do the same to me in different ways. I have been encouraged to cut my hair so many times because it's not thick enough by hair stylist standards. People have also been like, "Oh, your freckles are so cute" and then suggested ways I could lighten and eradicate them in the very same sentence... feels bad, but eff em. Haters gonna hate.

Length
    26/30/34
    Type
    2b/F/ii

[QUOTE=heyair;2952798]Lmao, she was "negging" you. That is so backhanded. I have had people do the same to me in different ways. I have been encouraged to cut my hair so many times because it's not thick enough by hair stylist standards.

I'm sure that a big part of her wanting to cut my hair has to do with the $$ they stand to make. I'm currently in there every 3 weeks for root touch ups and I'm sure if she cut more "style" into my hair I would need more regular cuts and blows as well. I am pleased to say I have become a lot more product savvy since joining this community. Whilst I'm not ready to ditch my colours yet , I did refuse to buy the "oil of Marrakesh" she tried to sell me when I asked for some pure Argan oil. A quick read of the back showed more silicone in it than Argan oil. I've been using this for a while thinking it is argan oil. I said I'd done a bit of research into longhair on women over 40 and decided to keep my long hair and continue growing it, but was looking for products that feed and nourish, rather than coat my hair, and was looking for silicone free options.