Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MD Wooden Arts

Length
    1 in/23 in/tbl
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

Default MD Wooden Arts

i would like to tell you about a wonderful experience i had with an etsy shop, M&D wooden Arts! i have been adoring hair forks from afar and saw this set of three for 35$. i fell in love with them and just had to get them! these where my first official hair fork buy, i was consumed with excitement, that i just had to msg the shop explaining that this was my very first hair fork purchase and how lovely i thought their craftmanship was! Maria replied back asking me about my hair and if i could send her a photo of my hair, for she thought that my three forks might be a bit small (which they were, the largest one can fit a tight bun), and she said since this was my first purchase of hair forks she wanted me to have one that was prefect for my hair! FREE OF CHARGE! How wonderful is that?

i got my prefect hair fork about a week after the arrival of the three. i was so excited to open it! I couldnt believe my eyes when i looked inside the package.... there was only one but two! what a sweet and generous soul! all through out the shipping we chatted and we were both excited to see if the new one would fit.. which the do and are so comfortable!

so please show me your Wooden arts if you have any!

Some Action Shot

Last edited by Starchild494; July 1st, 2018 at 09:38 AM.

Where the eagle and the raven fly free.........
    Length
    MBL/CL/MTL
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: MD Wooden Arts

What a lovely experience, thank you for sharing this shop with us! The forks you got look perfect in your hair. My attention has been caught by her wonderful combs......

@veerexx
    hair thickness: 3.35" (8.5 cm) | length: 41" (104 cm)
    Lady Flidais, Guardian of the Woodland Creatures in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    ChL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Yes, Maria is absolutely Wonderful and attentive. I figure they're still a rather small business so every client is really precious to them. I bought this pretty from their shop.

It's still quite large for my hair, but i'll grow into it

I also Love the linen bag the fork came in
    ChL-SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WL-HBL-TBL ........
    35 months dye free
    "When it rains, everything grows..."

Length
    APL/APL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Very inexpensive forks too! I love them! Great.
    I wish I could be buying hair toys right now!

---APL----BSL---WL---HIP---TBL---
    Lady Nott, Horse Mistress of the Witching Hour in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    1 in/23 in/tbl
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Stray_mind View Post
    Yes, Maria is absolutely Wonderful and attentive. I figure they're still a rather small business so every client is really precious to them. I bought this pretty from their shop.

It's still quite large for my hair, but i'll grow into it

I also Love the linen bag the fork came in
    I love love love your hair fork! Good luck growing into it!

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Do the forks have headcurve? I can't really tell from the pictures, but it looks as if they don't.
    Last edited by DweamGoiL; July 1st, 2018 at 08:48 PM.
    DweamGoiL

1c - 2a / f - m / ii | current length = 32.25 inches - working for a thick blunt hemline

Length
    ChL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by DweamGoiL View Post
    Do the forks have headcurve? I can't really tell from the pictures, but it looks as if they don't.
    What Is a head curve? Lol

I don't think they do, though i think you could ask for one if you would order a cuatom fork...

Length
    ?/TBL/CL?
    Type
    1a/1b/C/iii

I had a couple custom forks made to get the dimensions I wanted, one 3-prong and one 4-prong. Here's how they turned out:

My hair actually really likes them! I was concerned with how thin the tines are, but they are super smooth and glide in and out with ease. I haven't really tried to wrestle them into a bun, I'm sure with enough force the tines could break, but when I've used them I haven't needed to get to that point anyway. Both of them have been tested through climbing and training sessions and held my hair up relatively well! In that my hair didn't fall out nor did I have to redo them at all, though they might have loosened up a bit. This is far above average performance for hair toys for my hair!

They took a little while to make, but they were worth it, especially for the price!
    Last edited by gin; September 9th, 2019 at 02:43 PM.
    Virginia from Virginia. Climber / fitness junkie trying to figure out how to grow out my hair and be active inside and outside everyday!

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Calf/Calf+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Ooh. I've eyed these a few times over the past year or so but haven't bothered because while beautiful, if the tines converge at all (rather than being basically parallel) my hair spits them out. Your 4-pronger looks pretty much parallel though gin, even round the curve. Interesting!

Edit: what are the dimensions for the 4-pronger, please?
    Last edited by MusicalSpoons; September 10th, 2019 at 03:53 PM.
    Growing back to definite-calf length with hopefully some semblance of a hemline.
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    ?/TBL/CL?
    Type
    1a/1b/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    Ooh. I've eyed these a few times over the past year or so but haven't bothered because while beautiful, if the tines converge at all (rather than being basically parallel) my hair spits them out. Your 4-pronger looks pretty much parallel though gin, even round the curve. Interesting!

Edit: what are the dimensions for the 4-pronger, please?
    I'll go look at the forks more carefully to be sure, but I think the tines are pretty parallel. Here's a link to a couple photos with a ruler next to the forks to give you an idea of the dimensions:
    https://i.etsystatic.com/icm/13793a/....jpg?version=0
    https://i.etsystatic.com/icm/1cb80f/....jpg?version=0

Looks like the FPL is about 12cm.
    Virginia from Virginia. Climber / fitness junkie trying to figure out how to grow out my hair and be active inside and outside everyday!