Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Tried OVER THE HAWAIIAN MOON Sticks/Forks from Etsy?

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: Anyone Tried OVER THE HAWAIIAN MOON Sticks/Forks from Etsy?

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet_Heart View Post
    Does anyone have one of the shorter (4.5") forks? I'm wondering if I could get away with one in a center-held.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1803085...curved-3-prong
    I have two like that from the ebay days. Of the set that I got, they're my favorites and hold very well. (The longer, non-curved ones like to slip out of my hair.) I usually go center-held with those forks, because my buns are closing in on 5" across if I don't make them compact and doorknob-like.

You might find you need to modify the tips a little to get it to slip into your hair better. I did.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    Chin/WST/W-H
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Yea, Anje, that middle prong looks pretty fat. I was wondering about that so thanks for mentioning it.
    Lady Scarlet of the Whispering Philosophes in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

I just placed my first ever order for hairtoys. I spent HOURS on easy browsing shops, but I just kept going back to his.

I ended up messaging him to beg for shipping to Canada and he agreed!

I ordered a rosewood curved fork and two ebony spiral sticks, im so excited for them to get here!!

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire-o View Post
    I like the looks of his sticks a lot. Unfortunately he doesn't ship outside US. I tried but he just doesn't do it.
    Sapphire, ask again! I'm in Edmonton, AB and after checking the costs he was willing to ship to me. The fees aren't even terrible, $7 for the shipping on my order. ...now I just need to hold my breath about the customs fees!

Length
    Chin/Waist/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

Ooh these are lovely. Why is everyone on this forum out to enable me?
    Maintaining at tailbone - Henna head - Recently reunited with cones - Forever destashing - Kitten enthusiast

I just got my first order from him -- actually, it's the first-ever hair toy order I've made at all, since my hair is only just getting long enough to use a stick. I'm happy with what I received -- I order three aluminum sticks in silver, and he also sent a single green. Very pretty. They're all smooth and light. I'm wearing one right now! It's staying in my slippery hair very firmly.

They do have large holes to place a jump ring, and I'd prefer them to be plain. However, I'm happy with what I received and I'd order from OTHM again.

Length
    Chin/WST/W-H
    Type
    2a/C/iii

He told me the hole has to be there for dipping/anodizing. The wooden ones don't have holes.
    Lady Scarlet of the Whispering Philosophes in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet_Heart View Post
    He told me the hole has to be there for dipping/anodizing. The wooden ones don't have holes.
    Yes, I left basically the same info as feedback on Etsy, and I very quickly got a reply from him explaining the purpose of the hole and offering to take back the sticks. AS IF! I love them and I'm keeping them! Now I want more of them in different colors.

I appreciated his offer, though.

Somewhere between the 12th century and now
    Length
    Bald/38/FTP
    Type
    2b/2c/M/i/ii

You lot are quite the enablers, I must say!

After reading through this thread, I visited the shop and decided to go ahead and give it a try. I ordered a 4" Rosewood fork. It shipped the same day and arrived 4 days later (Hawaii to the East Coast) which I thought was a very reasonable wait. It also came with a friend:

I am a big fan of the spiral wooden hairsticks, so this was a most welcome surprise!

Of course, the first thing we do is to try it out and see how we like it, right? Here's the first bun:

What I really like about this fork is that it is so comfortable. The curve is exactly the right amount to cradle your head, and it almost feels as though you aren't even wearing a hairtoy at all. I actually feel as though I could sleep on this fork (not that I would risk breaking it to find out!) But it is that comfortable. Good hold, it doesn't pull or tug on your hair because of its light weight, and I do not have the same problems others have experienced in terms of difficulties getting it in place--it slips right through my hair.

I will certainly be returning for at least one more fork from this seller! Highly recommended, quality product.
    Last edited by Medievalmaniac; July 4th, 2014 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Fix photographs
    Lady Frolics in the Sunlight-Dappled Faerie Linn & Del in the OLHK

Account Closed by Member Request

How is the finish in his forks? Are they smooth?

Such enablers...

Somewhere between the 12th century and now
    Length
    Bald/38/FTP
    Type
    2b/2c/M/i/ii

Mine is silky-smooth, no snags. The picture he has up on Etsy of the rosewood forks is a stock photo; the jag you can see on one prong is not present in the forks he ships. No complaints about this piece--it's very nice quality, very well crafted. I love also how the color changes so profoundly dependent upon what light is hitting it--kind of like my henna'd hair, itself!
    Lady Frolics in the Sunlight-Dappled Faerie Linn & Del in the OLHK