Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 641

Thread: Growth rate experiments!

  1. #621

    Default Re: Growth rate experiments!

    Quote Originally Posted by ositarosita View Post
    on this lifestyle i aim for 2500-3000 CALORIES A DAY and that's doing nothing but household chores .. days i work out i eat MORE. Raw till 4 vegan, 80-10-10 what ever you want to call it you need to get the calories in because if you don't feel satisfied you will try to find a dense calorie source (meat/dairy/fat)..
    As a reference point i am 5"5.5', 135-140 lbs (don't own a scale) size 30" jeans, medium shirts...my average day of food

    Day 1

    7-11 bananas w/ half a litre of water, sugar and vanilla extract smoothie
    1 large Pineapple with 2-3 handfuls of berries, half a litre of water some sugar smoothie
    400 grams of pasta with a low sodium vegan sauce

    Day 2

    4 Cantaloupe w/ water smoothie
    3kg (7lbs) Manilla Mangoes
    7-11 banana smoothie

    Your taste buds get replaced every 10 days, I don't get bored with my food because i have variety and it just tastes so darn good
    If you're hungry EAT

    ****I have stretch marks Ive had for 10 years disappear and i have more disappearing
    That's a lot of sugar you're recommending though? Fruit is packed full of it, and the body does still see it as sugar.

    Fruit absolutely does have some value - there are vitamins in fruit - but it's a surprisingly inefficient way of getting them because there is so much sugar - and you could get much more vitamins and far less sugar from vegetables.

    Pasta is without nutrients - it's an empty food. And a lot of us could do with eating less gluten and wheat.

    Smoothies? Just intensifies the sugar in fruit. Juicing is the same - without the fibre and roughage from the pulpy bit of the fruit which stabilises it, your blood sugar levels go sky high. Not good for aging, and not good for health.

    It does all taste amazing though - I 100% agree!

    I have fruit a couple of times a week and load up my plate with vegetables, vegetables, and vegetables - and fresh fish or organic meat / poultry. Lots of olive oil, nuts, a small amount of brown rice and I only drink water, 90% of the time. I feel great and I still get ID'd! I guess it's a version of the paleo diet.

    A lot of people want to be vegan (it's completely admirable to consider the feelings of other species) - but it isn't brilliant for the health. We have, historically, been carnivores for quite some time, and it's what the body is used to, unfortunately.

    To give you just a couple of examples - Tony Robbins was passionately anti-meat and a committed vegan, and Zoe Harcombe - the lady who created the Harcombe Diet was vegetarian.

    Both of them got told very strongly by their doctors to at least eat fish because they were becoming unhealthy. They had to change what they had been telling people to do by adding an acknowledgement that it hadn't worked for them.

    Of course, you have to do what's right for you, but from everything I've researched this won't be a diet that suits most people in the long term - as much as we might like it to.

    And 9 times out of 10, your hair is a reflection of your general health.
    Last edited by Suzysu; December 4th, 2015 at 02:49 PM.

  2. #622

    Default Re: Growth rate experiments!

    No... humans are not carnivores. If we actually were carnivores, we'd have a rather hard time digesting all the plant-based stuff we eat right now. Some people eat less, some more... but still too much for an actual carnivore.
    The great things is that we're omnivores, able to eat and digest various things from various sources. There may be small differences between one person and another, but it doesn't change the fact that we're adaptable. There are actually no issues with a vegetarian diet and only surprisingly few issues concerning veganism, as long as we talk about grown-ups in case of the latter. One rule is that you have to pay more attention once you decide to not eat certain things in order to get all the nutrients you need. It is hard, but it is possible. Oh... not to forget that while it may be better to consume less sugar (especially on a regular/average diet), the stuff isn't poison, but a great source of energy.
    Sorry for the rant, but even though I'm not very fond of veganism and vegetarianism, it's even more annoying to see people diminishing any lifestyle or advertising another (contrary) lifestyle in a harsh way.

    To have at least some on-topic part: Added tea tree oil to my scalp massage routine

  3. #623

    Default Re: Growth rate experiments!

    Quote Originally Posted by Platzhalter View Post
    No... humans are not carnivores. If we actually were carnivores, we'd have a rather hard time digesting all the plant-based stuff we eat right now. Some people eat less, some more... but still too much for an actual carnivore.
    The great things is that we're omnivores, able to eat and digest various things from various sources. There may be small differences between one person and another, but it doesn't change the fact that we're adaptable. There are actually no issues with a vegetarian diet and only surprisingly few issues concerning veganism, as long as we talk about grown-ups in case of the latter. One rule is that you have to pay more attention once you decide to not eat certain things in order to get all the nutrients you need. It is hard, but it is possible. Oh... not to forget that while it may be better to consume less sugar (especially on a regular/average diet), the stuff isn't poison, but a great source of energy.
    Sorry for the rant, but even though I'm not very fond of veganism and vegetarianism, it's even more annoying to see people diminishing any lifestyle or advertising another (contrary) lifestyle in a harsh way.

    To have at least some on-topic part: Added tea tree oil to my scalp massage routine
    I actually thought your response was harsh. Exactly what you said mine was - but I'm an adult, I can take it.

    Whereas, in fact, I was explaining what the doctors of two high profile advocates of veganism and vegetarianism had said. That their clients needed to eat at least fish. I would think Tony Robbins would be able to afford the best medical advice there is.

    You are right though, that we are omnivores - typo - but, my point was that, historically, we have always consumed meat.

    I didn't say it wasn't possible to be healthy as a vegan but it is difficult - as you say, you have to work hard to find all the nutrients. However, what the original poster was describing wasn't a healthy vegan diet. She described eating mainly fruit and pasta! That is not a healthy diet, and no, I am not making this up or simply having an opinion. Any doctor in the land will tell you that this is not a sustainable way of eating.

    Vegans / vegetarians know, mostly, that you do need to get your protein. And there are much, much, healthier sources of energy or protein than fruit. What about nuts, beans, etc....? Protein is a great, necessary source of energy. That is why most athletes you will meet have a high protein diet. Protein is also very helpful to the hair, among, of course, many other things.

    I wouldn't want anyone to read the posts, about how this diet somehow reversed her stretchmarks, makes her look years younger, and so on - and then think it safe to try. Because most people, most people, would not have a good reaction to it. And, in the long term....well, find a doctor in the land who will tell you that it would be anything other than dangerous for your long term health.

    I do love this forum, and how supportive people are of each other, but I think being very honest can sometimes be the kindest and most helpful thing of all in some cases.

    There is nothing wrong with me expressing an honest opinion - people can, after all, have the strength to do what they want anyway, right??

    And I am all for people doing what works well for them, but I also think it's important to be responsible. I really couldn't pretend that this diet is a healthy one and since no one else could see the danger of it, thought it important to point it out.

    Back to the topic....castor oil and Daktarin - one of them is making my hair grow a lot! I am using both currently.
    Last edited by Suzysu; December 5th, 2015 at 03:28 AM.

  4. #624

    Default Re: Growth rate experiments!

    Quote Originally Posted by Suzysu View Post
    That's a lot of sugar you're recommending though? Fruit is packed full of it, and the body does still see it as sugar. Fruit absolutely does have some value - there are vitamins in fruit - but it's a surprisingly inefficient way of getting them because there is so much sugar - and you could get much more vitamins and far less sugar from vegetables. Pasta is without nutrients - it's an empty food. And a lot of us could do with eating less gluten and wheat. Smoothies? Just intensifies the sugar in fruit. Juicing is the same - without the fibre and roughage from the pulpy bit of the fruit which stabilises it, your blood sugar levels go sky high. Not good for aging, and not good for health. It does all taste amazing though - I 100% agree! I have fruit a couple of times a week and load up my plate with vegetables, vegetables, and vegetables - and fresh fish or organic meat / poultry. Lots of olive oil, nuts, a small amount of brown rice and I only drink water, 90% of the time. I feel great and I still get ID'd! I guess it's a version of the paleo diet. A lot of people want to be vegan (it's completely admirable to consider the feelings of other species) - but it isn't brilliant for the health. We have, historically, been carnivores for quite some time, and it's what the body is used to, unfortunately. To give you just a couple of examples - Tony Robbins was passionately anti-meat and a committed vegan, and Zoe Harcombe - the lady who created the Harcombe Diet was vegetarian. Both of them got told very strongly by their doctors to at least eat fish because they were becoming unhealthy. They had to change what they had been telling people to do by adding an acknowledgement that it hadn't worked for them. Of course, you have to do what's right for you, but from everything I've researched this won't be a diet that suits most people in the long term - as much as we might like it to. And 9 times out of 10, your hair is a reflection of your general health.
    Is there a certain kind of food that contributes to hair loss?

  5. #625
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    West Zealand, Denmark
    Age
    64
    Posts
    2,667
    Length
    19/hip/termi
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

    Default Re: Growth rate experiments!

    On Nov. 20 I started to listen to Binaural beats for hair growth. I have grown 1.4 cm in 13 days. My final measurement will be on 21 Dec.
    Lady Malene of the Misty Memories of Yore, Shieldmaiden in the Order of Long Haired Knights

  6. #626
    Member Goatcraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    140
    Length
    SL/HIP/TERM
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Growth rate experiments!

    I feel like I've tried it all. From mint oil, mint shampoo + conditioner, prenatal vitamins, onion juice, aloe vera, tea washes. Gosh, I've given everything a try. But alas, my hair didn't grow any faster. I only noticed a difference in the appearance. Which is lovely too! But growth? No. I think the only way to increase hair growth is through health (so vitamins could be effective if your deficient). I stopped slapping stuff on my hair about the time my sister tossed her Cosmetology books at me.. unfortunately, scientifically.. Most of the methods I see have no effect on the rate of growth.

  7. #627
    Member likelikepenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,737
    Length
    Chin/Waist/Class
    Type
    3c/4a/C/iii

    Default Re: Growth rate experiments!

    Boosting this thread. After reading through this entire thread and cutting an inch off of my ends, I've been trying to increase my growth rate. I'm doing a week long experiment before the new month. My current growth experiment is as follows:

    - Inversion method for 4 minutes every day (I massage with aloe vera juice and peppermint EO so my hair doesn't get greasy)
    - Followed by the GHE for at least one hour (I mist my hair with water and apply a dime size amount of tresseme perfectly undone in four sections to my ends never on my scalp)
    - Green tea rinse once a week

    I'm hoping that I'll get some miraculous growth but I'm not expecting it. Next month I plan to try a few things for an entire month to see if I can boost my growth.

    My current growth rate is 1.3 inches per month. I would like to get to 1.5 or even better, 2 inches a month. I decided to go with this method because it doesn't require me to buy anything, however, after reading this thread, I hope to start this more advanced growth rate experiment sometime in the near future:

    - GHE every night with aloe & peppermint
    - Green Tea Rinse once or twice a week
    - Inversion method 1 to 2 weeks
    - Green tea every morning
    - Bamboo tea every night
    - Bioton (every morning)


    Starting length: 29-30.5 cm (it's really hard to get an accurate measurement with my hair being so curly)

  8. #628
    Ocean Soul Rosetta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,519
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

    Default Re: Growth rate experiments!

    Quote Originally Posted by Suzysu View Post
    I actually thought your response was harsh. Exactly what you said mine was - but I'm an adult, I can take it.

    Whereas, in fact, I was explaining what the doctors of two high profile advocates of veganism and vegetarianism had said. That their clients needed to eat at least fish. I would think Tony Robbins would be able to afford the best medical advice there is.

    You are right though, that we are omnivores - typo - but, my point was that, historically, we have always consumed meat.

    I didn't say it wasn't possible to be healthy as a vegan but it is difficult - as you say, you have to work hard to find all the nutrients. However, what the original poster was describing wasn't a healthy vegan diet. She described eating mainly fruit and pasta! That is not a healthy diet, and no, I am not making this up or simply having an opinion. Any doctor in the land will tell you that this is not a sustainable way of eating.

    Vegans / vegetarians know, mostly, that you do need to get your protein. And there are much, much, healthier sources of energy or protein than fruit. What about nuts, beans, etc....? Protein is a great, necessary source of energy. That is why most athletes you will meet have a high protein diet. Protein is also very helpful to the hair, among, of course, many other things.

    I wouldn't want anyone to read the posts, about how this diet somehow reversed her stretchmarks, makes her look years younger, and so on - and then think it safe to try. Because most people, most people, would not have a good reaction to it. And, in the long term....well, find a doctor in the land who will tell you that it would be anything other than dangerous for your long term health.

    I do love this forum, and how supportive people are of each other, but I think being very honest can sometimes be the kindest and most helpful thing of all in some cases.

    There is nothing wrong with me expressing an honest opinion - people can, after all, have the strength to do what they want anyway, right??

    And I am all for people doing what works well for them, but I also think it's important to be responsible. I really couldn't pretend that this diet is a healthy one and since no one else could see the danger of it, thought it important to point it out.
    I know this is an older post, but I just wanted to say I totally agree with everything you wrote (and it's great someone says those things out loud, for a change), apart from just the bolded part - based on the book mentioned in my signature (ex-vegan Lierre Keith's The Vegetarian Myth), it's not possible... She describes so well how a vegan diet will make you sick, sooner or later, as it made her, so I warmly recommend everyone, especially vegans & vegetarians, to read that book! (It's so not about "diminishing someone's lifestyle", but about no one having unnecessarily ruin their health (yes, ruin) and have to go through what's described there so well.)
    Last edited by Rosetta; December 26th, 2016 at 06:10 AM.


  9. #629
    Member likelikepenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,737
    Length
    Chin/Waist/Class
    Type
    3c/4a/C/iii

    Default Re: Growth rate experiments!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosetta View Post
    I know this is an older post, but I just wanted to say I totally agree with everything you wrote (and it's great someone says those things out loud, for a change), apart from just the bolded part - based on the book mentioned in my signature (ex-vegan Lierre Keith's The Vegetarian Myth), it's not possible... She describes so well how a vegan diet will make you sick, sooner or later, as it made her, so I warmly recommend everyone, especially vegans & vegetarians, to read that book! (It's so not about "diminishing someone's lifestyle", but about no one having unnecessarily ruin their health (yes, ruin) and have to go through what's described there so well.)
    I would like to weigh in by saying it is possible. I turn 18 soon and I've been vegan my entire life as well as my dad (42) step mom (42) grandfather (70) and older brother (19). We're all in excellent health. It's a lot easier because i was raised this way. We all eat a very balanced diet. This may not be for everyone, but it is possible.

  10. #630
    Member likelikepenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,737
    Length
    Chin/Waist/Class
    Type
    3c/4a/C/iii

    Default Re: Growth rate experiments!

    Quote Originally Posted by likelikepenny View Post
    Boosting this thread. After reading through this entire thread and cutting an inch off of my ends, I've been trying to increase my growth rate. I'm doing a week long experiment before the new month. My current growth experiment is as follows:

    - Inversion method for 4 minutes every day (I massage with aloe vera juice and peppermint EO so my hair doesn't get greasy)
    - Followed by the GHE for at least one hour (I mist my hair with water and apply a dime size amount of tresseme perfectly undone in four sections to my ends never on my scalp)
    - Green tea rinse once a week

    I'm hoping that I'll get some miraculous growth but I'm not expecting it. Next month I plan to try a few things for an entire month to see if I can boost my growth.

    My current growth rate is 1.3 inches per month. I would like to get to 1.5 or even better, 2 inches a month. I decided to go with this method because it doesn't require me to buy anything, however, after reading this thread, I hope to start this more advanced growth rate experiment sometime in the near future:

    - GHE every night with aloe & peppermint
    - Green Tea Rinse once or twice a week
    - Inversion method 1 to 2 weeks
    - Green tea every morning
    - Bamboo tea every night
    - Bioton (every morning)


    Starting length: 29-30.5 cm (it's really hard to get an accurate measurement with my hair being so curly)
    Today is day 2 (I started yesterday but didn't post)

    Scalp massage with aloe juice and peppermint EO (added more peppermint and aloe juice as well as a rosemary sprig)
    Greenhouse effect with water and tresseme perfectly undone conditioner (4 hr. 15 min.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •