Thread: Can anyone diagnose this?

Length
    14"/38"/??
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Question Can anyone diagnose this?

Yesterday I read Kirin's hair diagnostic article, and decided it would be interesting to do a clarifying wash, let my hair dry, and see what it looked like 'naked.' My hair is stick straight, but when it dried although it stayed shiny and didn't tangle too badly, but every single hair on my head ended its last 1-2 inches by curling straight out from my head. And I do mean every hair, from the baby hairs to the full-length ones and everything in between. It looked like my hair had turned into a carpet. Has this happened to anyone else?

Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Can anyone diagnose this?

did you just wash? or have you put some conditioner? Cause i must say...my hair without conditioner and with a clarifying wash would look like a completly frizzy mess with knots from my scalp into my ends!
    .~~~. :*: Bárbara :*: .~~~.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Heh. My hair does that, particularly post-shampoo -- I always figured it was a 1c to 2a effect, but it might make you a 1b.

Conditioning will lessen it, of course, and I've found oils will weigh it down a bit too. Others will suggest aloe gel, though it makes me tangly.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    Pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Pretty much this would manifest itself as "fly away" hair, or flyaway ends, which seem to defy gravity when not weighted down. Your hair is likely in good condition, on the whole, but the ends likely need moisture or light oiling to make them stop defying gravity!
    Once you place a candle in the dark, you can't deny the light. . Once you give to man that candle, you give his mind the power of flight. - Myself.
    Lady Seyllea, Oracle of Time and Becoming in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I seam to have more of those when i dont use cones...
    .~~~. :*: Bárbara :*: .~~~.

Length
    Short/35/Long
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

I think that's pretty typical after clarifying, because basically your stripping everything outta your hair.

It's usually better if you do some type of deep treatment after a clarifying wash, or at least in my experience it is.

Michelle