Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What does your hair look like bare

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Default What does your hair look like bare

What does your hair look like air dried with no leave ins, oils, cones etc.
    Mine looks floaty, fluffy, see thru and wavy/frizzy.

My dream hair is hair that can be completely bare and non styled and still look amazing.
    I don't know if this natural mess is due to hair type, haircut or damage or all three

Do any of you have hair that dries with zero leave in and still look wonderful? Wondering if I have a realistic goal or if I am doomed with this mess. I am curious to see what hair types/styles look well.
    Cut hair 11.06.2013 to CBL. Patiently waiting for it to grow back strong and healthy.
    Photo taken 12.04.2013

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Default Re: What does your hair look like bare

I guess this would also mean a no cone shampoo and conditioner prior to air drying. I am trying to get an idea what product free hair can look like. I know regular conditioner alters as well but it doesn't mask as much as cones so that's more what I am searching for answers on
    Last edited by ErinLeigh; February 2nd, 2014 at 10:26 PM.
    Cut hair 11.06.2013 to CBL. Patiently waiting for it to grow back strong and healthy.
    Photo taken 12.04.2013

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

If I remember correctly my siggy pic meets your criteria.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Evil, not Bad Moderator (SB) trolleypup's Avatar
    Length
    52"/62"/77" *
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

*looks* piecey and clumpy but with better waves than after it gets detangled and combed out. After preening, looks just fine.

ETA: That is, just washed and air dried

2b-2a/C/iii 61"/155cm/growing fitfully longer
    LJ - Blog
    Unless specified otherwise, I am speaking as a member, not a moderator

I don't use styling products, but I leave my rinse in. It has marshmallow mucilage in it. If I didn't use that, my hair would be a frizzy, pouffy mess.

Length
    pixie/22.5/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Mine is too short at the moment to look neat without aloe gel (growing out a pixie) but from what I remember of my 23" hennaed hair a while back, I look better product-free. I'll see if I can find you a picture from those days. If I don't aloe gel my bangs and ends at the moment I look like a surprised hedgehog

However, neatness aside, my hair looks pretty good washed and air dried. I use shampoo bars and citric acid rinse, no conditioner. So it would fit your criteria. I'll see if I can get a pic of that too from my photobucket site. You'll have to put up with my ends kicking out though.

I remember floaty, see through hair. Mine was all to do with layers and damage.

ETA: my avatar pic shows bare hair, no cones or leave in. But that's dye over dye over bleach over henna etc.... See the fuzzy, fluffy ends?
    1" (03/13), 18" (05/14); 6yrs off LHC, pixied 10/17, now 22”
    Maybe goals: BSL 28, WL 36, TB 42, CL 50, Knee 62

Length
    20"/23"/28"
    Type
    2c/M/ii

The wild woman of Borneo!! Likely a mix of my wave pattern and colour treating, tho it did look distinctly triangular when I was a kid using nothing more than shampoo, rinse out conditioner and ... a brush.

Apparently two thirds of the world's population has wavy or curly hair so the potential for pouf without any conditioner or stylers just finger detangling is widespread. And of course just seeing shampoo'd hair is not seeing it truly natural: they all strip the natural 'conditioner' (sebum), most commercial ones remove structural lipids to some extent and affect the electrical charge on hair.

If you want tamed nekkid hair try water only or sebum only.
    Dyed-in-the-wool redhead, growing out a major shed & mechanical damage to hairline. Eight years 'modified' Curly Girl, just past BSL stretched but keep trimming.

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Firefox7275 View Post
    The wild woman of Borneo!! Likely a mix of my wave pattern and colour treating, tho it did look distinctly triangular when I was a kid using nothing more than shampoo, rinse out conditioner and ... a brush.

Apparently two thirds of the world's population has wavy or curly hair so the potential for pouf without any conditioner or stylers just finger detangling is widespread. And of course just seeing shampoo'd hair is not seeing it truly natural: they all strip the natural 'conditioner' (sebum), most commercial ones remove structural lipids to some extent and affect the electrical charge on hair.

If you want tamed nekkid hair try water only or sebum only.
    lmao dont want it all the time. hehe I wash daily so this would be a huge reversal Just beach season is coming back up and I always feel awkward when my air air drys in front of people and for some reason I seem to be the only poof head in the group so I wonder if people are spritzing secretly when I am not looking or if I just have ugly hair. I am going to start packing a mister with oils and conditioner to tame the beast. Two thirds with pouf and I don't know any..go figure.

Loviatar I think you nailed my issue with the layers and dye damage. I gotta grow these suckers out yet they save me from the triangle at my length so its a chicken or egg situation. Do the layers cause issues or do issues require layers?
    Spirals - I feel better having good company Your hair is lovely.
    And the rest of you perfect heads of air dried hair Neko and trolly... LUCKY. Congratulations. To me getting ready must be bliss when hair just does what it should
    Photo taken 12.04.2013

Evil, not Bad Moderator (SB) trolleypup's Avatar
    Length
    52"/62"/77" *
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ErinLeigh View Post
    And the rest of you perfect heads of air dried hair Neko and trolly... LUCKY. Congratulations. To me getting ready must be bliss when hair just does what it should
    Also, coarse and very long, so not so much with the pouf action! When I was WO, I was closer to a 1c, but my hair dried the same way.

2b-2a/C/iii 61"/155cm/growing fitfully longer
    LJ - Blog
    Unless specified otherwise, I am speaking as a member, not a moderator

Length
    pixie/22.5/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ErinLeigh View Post
    Loviatar I think you nailed my issue with the layers and dye damage. I gotta grow these suckers out yet they save me from the triangle at my length so its a chicken or egg situation. Do the layers cause issues or do issues require layers?
    Spirals - I feel better having good company Your hair is lovely.
    Layers are a pain for some. I guess I have them due to pixie grow out. I was advised by PurpleBubba (an old member on here) to micro trim the back and let the layers catch up. Thick blunt ends are more important to me at the moment than length so I'm doing that and it's working. I got my first goal which was 100% virgin hair. 2nd goal is blunt cut all over except bangs. 3rd goal is shoulder length. Goals 2 and 3 change places in my head a lot.

One of the things I learned by being away from LHC for a year is that I don't have ugly hair. You don't either. We both just don't have the hair we want right now. I spent a long time wanting other peoples hair. Now I just want mine to behave the way it looks best - which for me means all one length, blunt cut and past shoulders. Above shoulder and layers means my hair kicks out, misbehaves, and generally looks 'off'. The longer it gets the more well behaved and 'good' it looks. I hope that helps. Trolley pup has a good point about the weight pulling it down, too.
    1" (03/13), 18" (05/14); 6yrs off LHC, pixied 10/17, now 22”
    Maybe goals: BSL 28, WL 36, TB 42, CL 50, Knee 62