Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: updo for a guy?

Length
    66cm/78cm/100
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i

Wink updo for a guy?

Hi,
    I'm looking for some good hairstyle for my boyfriend. He wears ponytail all time and I think his hair would use some rest from that. He can't wear loose hair to work (inconvenience) but he wont wear hairsicks nor bunes.. Does anyone have any tips?

Length
    hip/31"/more!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: updo for a guy ?

There has been a thread on this topic before:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ead.php?t=1803

Length
    Shldr/Waist/Clasc
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

How long is his hair exactly? If it's long enough I'd suggest maybe a folded braid with some kind of very plain barette or a plain Ficcare (plain black would probably be the least 'girly').

ETA: If he did want to go the Ficcare route then a Ficcarisimo would probably be better than the Maximas as the shape is simpler.
    Last edited by anna1850; September 10th, 2008 at 11:55 AM.

Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by maluszek View Post
    Hi,
    I'm looking for some good hairstyle for my boyfriend. He wears ponytail all time and I think his hair would use some rest from that. He can't wear loose hair to work (inconvenience) but he wont wear hairsicks nor bunes.. Does anyone have any tips?
    An ex of mine was mixed Asian and wore his hair in a french braid, a low braid, or that kind of pony pulled halfway through to fold over itself that looks a bit like a club. He always looked exotic and never girly. Sometimes he'd wear a ponytail secured far down his hair, which was apparently a Japanese thing. It reminded me a bit of those froofy barrettes worn far down the hair back in the 80's, but it still didn't look girly.
    Now blogging my calamity-infested quest for natural hair care!

Length
    <2"/~clsc/uhh..
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I think any other style (with hairsticks, buns, etc.) are just a matter of personal taste or personal comfort level. If he won't do that then as others have suggested maybe a braid. That can work. A banded ponytail (sometimes called a caterpillar) could work, too, where there are numerous hairties tied down the length for the banded look. Both would be relatively simple and likely within the realm of possibility for him.

Length
    pixie/hip/TB
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

I have seen guys wear buns that looked very masculine. As long as they don't use flowery sticks or anything, many buns can look very manly if word on the nape of the neck instead of higher up as most women wear them.

Length
    Pixie/TB/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

My partner was best man at a wedding on the weekend, and he wore his APL hair in a low cinna-bun at the nape of his neck, held with a long nail (I need to order some stainless steel hairsticks!). It looked awesome, and quite manly. He received lots of compliments.

I agree with those who suggested a simple braid. It gives his hair a rest and he can change where he puts the band so as not to damage his hair over time.

Personally, I would love to see more longhaired men wearing buns. I think it would look quite attractive.

Length
    17/30/34
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

I love a man in a bun! Or a braid.... Perhaps if we all got together and signed a petition declaring how manly and attractive we find men in buns/braids, your BF would relent and feel comfortable?

Seriously, even just that description of a man wearing a low cinnabun with a nail through it made me sorta swoon....

ETA: Oops, heh heh, Nat242, I just saw that was a description of your partner. Well, I promise I'm happily married, so....
    Last edited by dorothea-brooke; September 10th, 2008 at 09:17 PM.
    *** watch this space ***

Length
    Pixie/TB/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by dorothea-brooke View Post
    <snip>

ETA: Oops, heh heh, Nat242, I just saw that was a description of your partner. Well, I promise I'm happily married, so....
    LOL! Don't worry, I'm not the jealous type . I can't wait to show him your comment, actually, it will make his day!

Give me a few days, and I'll post a pic in my blog!