Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I could cry.

Length
    ?/36.5/Knee
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Default I could cry.

I asked my husband to give me a micro trim since I'm not comfortable doing it myself. I'm trying to get rid of my taper and give myself a nice blunt hemline while still growing. He took off 2 inches. I'm so sad! It was just a misunderstanding, I think, but it feels like I've been shorn. I was wanting him to do it quarterly, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't get to come near my hair with scissors again. He might not be able to touch it again ever. I was firmly at hip, and now I'm not.

It's hair, it will grow back. It wasn't that much, and in a couple days I won't notice, but I'm sad today.

Length
    15"/BSL/hip
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: I could cry.

So sorry to hear about your haircut! I KNOW that I would NEVER ask my DH to trim my hair, I would wind up with it up to my ears!

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I'm feeling for you, that has happened to me as well. After a couple of days of being horrified I told myself that I now have lovely fresh ends to pamper and enjoy growing again. It is such a shock, though! Hugs!
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    ?/36.5/Knee
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I thought it would be fine. We had done it before and he took off just a tiny bit then. I don't know what happened this time. But I'll be learning to do it myself for sure. Or maybe a crea clip.

Length
    1/8/1/8/29+
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Hi Sweetie, that sucks! Sorry to hear that! I've had similar experiences... so I always make sure that I show with my fingers precisely how much I want taken off.. Also if the hair is wet... it is stretched longer... so you can accidentally take off too much that way!
    I have found a way to trim my own hair that works perfectly. I part my hair down the center of my head... and pull the two sections of hair forward like I am going to do braids (one on each side). Then I cut straight across, a little bit at a time, just pieces of hair at a time. I may need to clean it up a bit, but this method gives me a perfect blunt cut.

Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

Did he say why he did that, I mean, if he was able to do it correctly before?!
    It is what it is. You are what you it. There are no mistakes. - Tom Robbins

Length
    ?/36.5/Knee
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    I'm feeling for you, that has happened to me as well. After a couple of days of being horrified I told myself that I now have lovely fresh ends to pamper and enjoy growing again. It is such a shock, though! Hugs!
    That's what i'm telling myself. It will give me a nice new start. He feels really bad about it. And it will come back in a couple months.

Length
    ?/36.5/Knee
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Joyce_Alison View Post
    Hi Sweetie, that sucks! Sorry to hear that! I've had similar experiences... so I always make sure that I show with my fingers precisely how much I want taken off.. Also if the hair is wet... it is stretched longer... so you can accidentally take off too much that way!
    I have found a way to trim my own hair that works perfectly. I part my hair down the center of my head... and pull the two sections of hair forward like I am going to do braids (one on each side). Then I cut straight across, a little bit at a time, just pieces of hair at a time. I may need to clean it up a bit, but this method gives me a perfect blunt cut.
    That's what I'll be doing next time. I like a nice blunt hemline.

Length
    ?/36.5/Knee
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by TiaKitty View Post
    Did he say why he did that, I mean, if he was able to do it correctly before?!
    It was just a miscommunication. He just thought I wanted more off than I. No one's fault, and he feels totally terrible about it. He loves my hair almost as much as I do. It wasn't anything malicious.

Nursing School Sucks LauraLongLocks's Avatar
    Length
    Pixie/102cm/150cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I'm so sorry. My husband would never be asked to cut my hair, because I think he would take it up to my bra strap, unintentionally, of course. When you have long hair, it's easy for someone to think that "your hair is so long, what's a few inches to you?" Enjoy your fresh ends, if you can.