Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 year anniversary! (with pictures of course ;))

Length
    pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Default 3 year anniversary! (with pictures of course ;))

Hey! I've been here for 3 years already, almost can't believe it! I started here to grow out my pixie to a bob, but 3 years later I think I'm aiming for at least BSL! I started with a pixie bleached to death, had to cut it a lot in the first year in order to get rid of the damage/make it look bearable instead of a mop haha.

Now, 3 years later, I use henna and eh used a lot of different things! In the end I use cones again, but also sulfate free shampoos (and sulfates once in a while) and oils and everything. My hair has never been this long since I was a kid, so that's very exciting! In case you are curious and/or bored, there are more pictures in my albums. But I didn't feel like spamming this thread with my face haha!

Now! After 4 days of no washing it's looking the best I think. No brushing either! Freshly washed it's a big fluffy mess that can't be tamed D: I'm currently on Accutane which is making my scalp (and my hair too) dry, so it's a bit more frizzy/dull than usual. Nothing too bad though! (never mind the bangs, not sure yet how to re-cut them :P)
    Oh and I got a cut last summer and they gave me lots of layers and I'm still not sure if I like them :/ But they are growing out nicely

I often wish I had nice shiny hair that behaves well and do what it's told but alas :P I'm pleased with it though, never thought I would get this far! Thanks everyone

It's shiny with flash though! :P
    Last edited by oktobergoud; January 13th, 2014 at 03:00 PM.

pixie. bob. chin length. shoulder. collarbone. APL. BSL. Waist?
    My hair journal! & My portfolio

Length
    SL/26.5"/30"
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

Default Re: 3 year anniversary! (with pictures of course ;))

Congrats on making three years! Your hair is gorgeous. You really suit both longer hair and a pixie- you're very versatile. I like the layers too!

Length
    chin/34/43
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Fantastic growth, oktobergoud! It doesn't seem like long ago when you had just a short bob. Your hair is beautiful. Don't worry, mine doesn't do what it's told either, and I'm hoping more length will help sort that out.
    Chin, Shoulder, APL, MBL, Waist, Hip, Tailbone, Classic

Length
    pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lissandria View Post
    Congrats on making three years! Your hair is gorgeous. You really suit both longer hair and a pixie- you're very versatile. I like the layers too!
    Thanks! I sometimes miss the pixie, but longer hair is more fun!

Quote Originally Posted by ejking2 View Post
    Fantastic growth, oktobergoud! It doesn't seem like long ago when you had just a short bob. Your hair is beautiful. Don't worry, mine doesn't do what it's told either, and I'm hoping more length will help sort that out.
    But your hair looks so smooth and silky in your siggy! Thanks

Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Your hair never cease to amaze me, its so lovely! I remember seeing your old avatar, the one with the crown braid, and thinking it was like a picture in a fairytale book !
    Congratulations!
    Pixie! - Ear - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder - APL...

Length
    chin/waist/waist
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

You have beautiful hair, and beautiful pictures!
    Chin | Shoulder | Collarbone | APL | BSL | Waist

Now growing for fun!

Length
    Pixie/Waist/35"?
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Oh my gosh congratulations!!! Your hair is so long now and it is so beautiful, what a lovely length for you and I love your wave pattern! I'm glad to still see you growing strong after three years, my 3 years is at the end of the month so I feel for you in all of your bleach damage problems and growing it out with vigilance!
    Happy Hairiversary to you oktobergoud!!
    Maybe one day you can teach me to braid xD!

Oh and about the accutane best of luck on it I was on it twice (two six month periods) I had the worst cystic acne of anyone I've ever met. I had to get laser treatments after for my acne scars. I have a long never ending history with acne. I don't remember how my hair reacted at the time (all I know was it was a dark brown pixie) but my spinal cord fluids dried out so badly I could not bend at the waist and stand up again. Also, my eyes dried out and I had blurry vision to the point where I couldn't read writing on the sides of big commercial vehicles. Despite all of this I would never regret going on accutane. If you need any support with it I'm here! But your skin has always looked fine to me! (better than mine still is :P) I hope you get the results you want and if you have any q's on it please message me.
    _1b / F / i/ii__... Forever Growing _
    Chin SHL APL BSL Waist Hip BCL

Length
    sl/waist/~
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Congratulations on 3 well-spent years! Your hair looks fantastic - that shade of red is just beautiful on you!

My hair is also quite fluffy - I like it though, since fluffy hair still has a lot of volume when you get to longer lengths and your hair is weighed down.

What is your natural hair color? I always wished for that color red, but since my hair is so dark, I'd have to bleach the heck out of it, so I'll just admire it vicariously on you.

Length
    CBL/Hip/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

You are very photogenic and your hair is beautiful! Inspires me to keep growing for years

Length
    pixie/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by vanillabones View Post
    Oh my gosh congratulations!!! Your hair is so long now and it is so beautiful, what a lovely length for you and I love your wave pattern! I'm glad to still see you growing strong after three years, my 3 years is at the end of the month so I feel for you in all of your bleach damage problems and growing it out with vigilance!
    Happy Hairiversary to you oktobergoud!!
    Maybe one day you can teach me to braid xD!

Oh and about the accutane best of luck on it I was on it twice (two six month periods) I had the worst cystic acne of anyone I've ever met. I had to get laser treatments after for my acne scars. I have a long never ending history with acne. I don't remember how my hair reacted at the time (all I know was it was a dark brown pixie) but my spinal cord fluids dried out so badly I could not bend at the waist and stand up again. Also, my eyes dried out and I had blurry vision to the point where I couldn't read writing on the sides of big commercial vehicles. Despite all of this I would never regret going on accutane. If you need any support with it I'm here! But your skin has always looked fine to me! (better than mine still is :P) I hope you get the results you want and if you have any q's on it please message me.

Thank you so much! I see you're at BSL? Your hair has grown a lot too!!

About my skin: I always Photoshop my skin, so it always looks good in pictures. It really isn't in real life though I've been on hormonal birthcontrol (diane 35) for 12 years, just for my acne. When I stopped taking that, after 6 months or so my skin started to get out of control!! I got really bad cystic acne too, my whole back and arms/shoulders were covered too It's getting better now, I'm on a higher dosage though because it didn't do much for the first 4 months But it's no fun! I only experience extremely dry skin, but nothing like you did! Woah that sounds very extreme, how awful! One of my fears was that my hair would fall out, but strangely enough, it seems to grow faster instead? Hopefully it won't fall out eventually! Oh and dry eyes, I have those too. Wearing contacts is getting harder

Anyway, I'm glad someone can relate! And thanks, I will