Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alternating vitamins

Length
    CL/29.5/30
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Alternating vitamins

Quick question, is it okay to alternate vitamins? Would you say it's more beneficial, as far as hair growth, and health? I have Spring Valley's Hair Skin and Nails, and I have the GNC Ultra Nourish. The Hair Skin and Nails, is almost a full bottle, because I emptied out my other bottle. That would mean that the hair skin and nails I would take the recommended servings 3. And on the next day take the GNC Ultra Nourish servings of two. And alternate back and forth. Sorry, if it sounds like a stupid question, but not sure if any of you have tried it, this way and have seen results. As far as the vitamins percentage, some have more, some have less, depending on the ingredient, but as long as it's helping, I know it doesn't matter. Since it takes a while to take effect anyway. Well, any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Type
    1c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Alternating vitamins

Just be careful not to use vitamins as a replacement for a healthy diet, also there are some vitamins you really shouldn't OD on due to adverse side affects.
    BSL~Waist~Hip~TBL~Classic

Length
    CL/29.5/30
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by YamaMaya View Post
    Just be careful not to use vitamins as a replacement for a healthy diet, also there are some vitamins you really shouldn't OD on due to adverse side affects.
    ty for the advice. Yup, not on a diet, just trying to eat right and working out almost everyday, so I've been maintaining my weight for about 5 months now. Just taking Ultra Nourish on one day and plan on taking Hair Skin and Nails on the next day, and doing it that way, should be fine. Could take 2 instead of the recommended 3 on that day. I drink plenty of water, and so their both water based, I know that people pee out whatever the body doesn't need. Very careful of not od'ing on anything.

Length
    ~Calf/Pixie/?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MissPetite2010 View Post
    ty for the advice. Yup, not on a diet, just trying to eat right and working out almost everyday, so I've been maintaining my weight for about 5 months now. Just taking Ultra Nourish on one day and plan on taking Hair Skin and Nails on the next day, and doing it that way, should be fine. Could take 2 instead of the recommended 3 on that day. I drink plenty of water, and so their both water based, I know that people pee out whatever the body doesn't need. Very careful of not od'ing on anything.
    Note that not all vitamins are excreted in this way. Also, "just peeing it out" isn't necessarily a harmless exercise - it involves the action of the kidneys and (sometimes) the liver. Either of these organs can become stressed if being forced to metabolise and excrete excess vitamins/minerals.

Length
    Bob/BSL/Hip+
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

I don't think you'd get the full benefits of them if you aren't taking the same kind on a consistent basis. Vitamins need time to work in your system, I think it's usually a month maybe 2 I could be wrong though. Be sure that you actually need the vitamins you're taking, unless you're deficient they may not do much for your hair and too much can be a bad thing.

Pixie - Ear - Jaw - Chin - SL - CBL- APL- BSL - WL - HL - TBL

Length
    CL/29.5/30
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Thank you all for the tips, good advice. As for the MSM, I guess that's good for hair shed? I lose quite a bit of hair, it may seem like a lot, but it's probably normal. No thyroid problems, had test taken. I have very thick, coarse naturally wavy/curly hair. Hoping the vitamins I'm taking will work to a degree. Well, I guess I could always finish one bottle, then start on the next, since the Hair Skin and Nails doesn't expire until 11/15. Thanks again for the tips and advice.

Length
    1.5/33"/TERM!
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I have 3 different B complex vitamins that I rotate. One is a super potent B with vitamin C but fairly low biotin. Another one is a B complex but completely different amounts/ratios of the Bs and has some pre-biotics. The third B complex has a lot of biotin but overall a low amount of Bs and it's mixed with pro-biotics.

I like switching out different vitamins so that all the bases are covered and I'm not taking too much of any one vitamin.
    High Priestess Milkthystle of Glowing Sands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    20"/23"/28"
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Micronutrients work synergistically and in opposition, randomly taking the individually or in small groups can do more harm than good by upsetting the delicate balance. Any supplement regime should be tailored to the individual: diet, physical activity, health problems, medication etc.

You don't just pee out the excess that is nonsense peddled by people with no high level qualifications in nutrition or dietetics.
    Dyed-in-the-wool redhead, growing out old fringe/ bangs. Three years Curly Girl, just past BSL stretched but itching to trim.

Length
    CL/29.5/30
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Update: I've been taking the gnc ultra nourish for a week now. As for improvement, my face does feel a lil softer and already had less hair fallout while washing hair yesterday. Probably my imagination, but my hair always had A Lot of hair shed, very noticeable, having to clean out the sink shower and floor all the time. Just glad this is working. I'll keep u all posted as far as hair growth soon. Soo happy with less hair shed now. Yay!

Length
    ~2"/'BSL'/?
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Are there any vitamins/supplements and such, that are backed by clinical studies showing (and quantifying) their beneficial effects for hair? I'm not so much considering using vitamins/supplements, just curious.