Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with hair!

Default Help with hair!

Hi people
    My hair is always poofy and frizzy. It feels smooth but not soft, if it makes sense. I am currently using a sulfate-free organic keratin shampoo, and conditioning with a cone-free conditioner. After which, I would use coconut oil. I would do deep conditioning once a week. Also, I use a wide tooth comb to comb my hair only when applying the oil. I seldom use hair dryer and even so I will on the diffuser. I have tried frizz-control products BUT THEY DONT WORK. HELP PLEASE I want soft, silky, frizz-free hair.
    Ps: I have rebounded 2years ago but chopped off all the rebounded hair. Also, I just dyed my hair recently. But even before the dye my hair has been this way.
    pps I just chopped off 2 inches of my hair yesterday.

So does anyone know what can I do to attain better hair...? I am tired of people constantly asking if I want to rebond my hair....

Thank you

I can't post the picture idk why but here's the pic of my horrible hair...
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/questi...do-i-solve-it-

Type
    2a/C/ii

Default Re: Help with hair!

Ever tried to clarify? Sounds like build-up to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Johannah View Post
    Ever tried to clarify? Sounds like build-up to me.
    Not yet. Which brand would you recommend?

Type
    2a/C/ii

There aren't special clarifying shampoo's in the country where I live, so I can't help you with that.

Personally, I just use a shampoo with SLS but without cones. Works great for me when I have build-up.

Length
    SL/CBL/HL
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

I was also thinking a clarify with an acv rinse might help. I use an sls poo, then condition with a cone free conditioner, then do an acv rinse. It does wonders.
    Lady Rhiannon, Grand OverSeer of Mischief and Mayhem, keeper of The Wizard, of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Chopped it all off, grew out henna, and having fun starting over.

Thank you so much I will try to find the shampoo and buy acv ASAP! Can I apply products on my hair (like oil) after the wash? If so,cany recommendations?

Type
    2a/C/ii

You can use oils whenever you want, just make sure you clarify when needed.

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Do you have naturally straight hair, or curly hair that has been relaxed in some way?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    20"/23"/28"
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Frizz is either badly damaged hair or hidden wave. People with straight hair don't need to do rebonding so my money is on hidden waves, stop fighting your naturally beautiful texture and work with it. Try the Curly Girl method.

Clarifying and cheating are always worth a try: also do not overuse hydrolysed proteins, they can build up and cause poufy hair. Few need protein in their shampoo since we primarily shampoo healthy virgin roots.
    Last edited by Firefox7275; January 6th, 2014 at 07:21 AM.
    Dyed-in-the-wool redhead, growing out old fringe/ bangs. Three years Curly Girl, just past BSL stretched but itching to trim.

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Do you have naturally straight hair, or curly hair that has been relaxed in some way?
    Well I think my hair isn't considered straight, but it's only slightly wavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefox7275 View Post
    Frizz is either badly damaged hair or hidden wave. People with straight hair don't need to do rebonding so my money is on hidden waves, stop fighting your naturally beautiful texture and work with it. Try the Curly Girl method.

Clarifying and cheating are always worth a try: also do not overuse hydrolysed proteins, they can build up and cause poufy hair. Few need protein in their shampoo since we primarily shampoo healthy virgin roots.
    Well I tried co-washing but my scalp became really oily. >< should I try to use shampoo for curly hair?