Thread: Hair straightening (kind of)

Default Hair straightening (kind of)

Is there a way to straighten my hair without heat and without completely washing it.
    A also don't need it perfectly straight, I'm actually trying to loosen my crazy curls, which I got from cocooning my hair, and make it wavy.

Length
    Chin/MBL/Waist
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Default Re: Hair straightening (kind of)

Cocoon curls will loosen througout the day. Try fingercombing them.

Length
    18/Cl/Term
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Try wearing a tight braid for the day/night. This might reshape the curls into waves. This would work expecially well if you dampen the length before braiding it.

Length
    Chin/TBL/44+
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

To just calm it into soft waves, you could spray it lightly with water after detangling and then wear it in a loose bun until it dries (I use a nautilus or cinnamon bun) and the curl pattern will loosen somewhat. This is how I tame my natural "beachy waves" into something larger and smoother. If you want more straightening and don't mind waiting overnight (or until you hair dries 100%, you might be one of those lucky people whose hair dries faster) then dampening hair a bit more with a spray bottle, but not till it's wet, just damp, and setting it on jumbo rollers or in a doobie wrap should work wonders - I can get mine to look 1b/c with a wrap.
    <--Growing wavy virgin TBL hair, with long compact cut layers to Classic. 2b/M/C/ii low porosity.

Type
    1c/2a/M/i

if you search "heat free hair straightening" on youtube you will get tons of tutorials. I know a lot of girls who wrap their hair in doobies for straight hair. Dunno if doobies is the universal term though

Length
    Pixie/tbone/Term
    Type
    2a/C/iii

I wrap my hair around my head to get straight hair, because my hair is so tangly and I have to comb it. I can't comb it curly. I take millions of hair clips (bobby pins?) and I wrap the hair around.
    Pixie-Chin-Shoulder-APL-BSL-MBL-Waist-Hip-TBL-CL-Thigh-Knee-Beyond????????
    2a/C/iii annoyingly thick hair, frizz. Existential Oligarchy will someday be a household band name.