Thread: Found my Post-Workout hair care

Length
    3/16/40
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Default Found my Post-Workout hair care

I think I found my solution! I posted a while ago about what to do with my hair after a workout. I found that if I left my hair, it would get really greasy and gross and if I just rinsed it with water then the oil would just slip down and the whole crown of my head would look gross so I found my solution.

I do CO so I'm not afraid of it being too harsh on my head, that's just a lot of conditioner needed to wash my hair everyday. I've started to rinse my hair with conditioner water. I put about a tablespoon of conditioner in a bottle with water and rinse the crown of my hair with it, then use cold water and it saves me for at least another day.

Just thought I'd share if anybody had the same problem as me. And I'm quite happy to find something to do about the oiliness. lol

Length
    chin/BSL/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Post Re: Found my Post-Workout hair care

Quote Originally Posted by CaityBear View Post
    Just thought I'd share if anybody had the same problem as me. And I'm quite happy to find something to do about the oiliness. lol
    Thank you for this post! I've been thinking about this myself since I work out a lot but am trying to cut back how much I wash my hair. Do you do this immediately after every workout? I ask because I generally shower in the morning and work out in the evening and don't really want to have to shower twice. I generally don't get really smelly or anything so I'm not worried about that, but I've been wondering if leaving all that perspiration in my hair is bad for it.
    Lady Oiolyka of the Tumbling Waves in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Also known as Zen Oven, or if you know me in real life--Abby or Artemis

Length
    3/16/40
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Found my Post-Workout hair care

I try to do it soon after. I usually workout then I have to go feed pigs (farm girl, yay lol) so I wait until afterwards because there is not use feeding stinky pigs after I cleaned my hair. lol So I have at least half an hour wait for my hair to start drying before I rinse.

Once I'm done, I leave my hair in a bun (I wear my hair in a braided bun; the only thing that my hair will hold in while working out/volleyball) then tip my head over the tub, rinse with conditioner water really well, then rinse with cold water. So that way you wouldn't have to have a second shower.

I guess it'd still work if you waited longer? Either way it gets the oil and sweat/salt that's dried onto your hair. I wouldn't think the perspiration would be bad for your hair because a lot of people work out, sweat a lot, then let it dry still and it does no harm.

Length
    18/26/28
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Hey! This sounds pretty good. Thank you for sharing. I will definitely have to try this.

Type
    1b/F/ii

that sounds like a pretty nifty solution!

I work out at a sports club (30 minutes drive from my home) and after a very intense dance/weightlifting session my hair, as the rest of me, drips with sweat. I do shower at the club, but I don't like wetting my hair there (I have to be careful with the water getting in my eyes and it's very hard with the gym showers). plus it would be very unwise in winter. so I usually rinse my hair once I get home, just WO. but the very diluted CO sounds even better. I shall give it a try sometimes!

Length
    16/21/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Thanks for sharing! I've been wondering how to handle post workout too. I've been doing regular CO, but I'm going to give this a try!

Great post Op. I work out often and sweat like a beast so conditioner rinsing is all good with me too when a WO rinse isn't ginna do it.
    2008 Goal: Full Healthy SL ACHIEVED!

Length
    2"/Calf/evs
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to give it a try this morning after spinning!
    Islandgrrl - Izzie
    Calf length, heading south to lengths unknown.