Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2014 New Year Resolutions! - Challenges, projects, etc

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

Default Re: 2014 New Year Resolutions! - Challenges, projects, etc

I am going to make an opposite resolution than most--wash more often! I'm a 3c curly (actually looking like partly 3b now, though that may be curls being weighed down with some length) who grew up treating my hair as if it were type 4 and since it was either chemically straightened or straightened with a flat iron (or hot comb) or BOTH for a significant portion of my life I got used to str-e--etching washes. You do that when your hair is processed --its such a pain to re-straighten each time you wash that you put it off! Also, in my quest for length I have loved the fact that the longer between washes the straighter it gets (and hence looks longer). However I notice that my hair feels great the first 4 days or even 5 after a wash, but after that the ends especially get very very dry and now that it is bra strap (older) short pieces sometimes break off. I want to resolve to wash my hair every 4-5 as its no longer a troublesome thing to do at all. (I actually enjoy it, but old habits break hard).

Length
    13?/30/Long
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

My only resolution was to never again drink orange juice immediately after brushing my teeth. I did that on the 30th and that sealed the deal for me, yuck.

I have other health related things I am working on but they have been ongoing for months and aren't really resolutions.
    Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour.~Ovid~
    Nae

Length
    SL/mbl/???
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Right just had my tape measure out, and even if it carries on at its measly 1cm a month, I will definitely make apl. So if it speeds up with a little help from biotin I may well make bsl. Hurrayyy

Oh, and I plan to only dye roots not full head in the hope the bottom of my hair will look nicer.

Length
    buzz/chin/waist
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Hair wise, in 2014 I am hoping to accomplish:

- Hip length, or very close to it. It all depends on how much I need to trim.
    - Wear my hair up more often. It's already up a lot of the time, but I think I could stop being lazy and wear it up even more.
    - Try new styles (to help me achieve my second goal.)
    - DO NOT cut bangs into my hair again. If any of you see me talking about cutting bangs, you give me a virtual slap across the face back into reality. I love them, but I don't have the time or patience to maintain them, and somehow I always forget that.
    current length: chin/bob growing out undercut | first goal length: BSL

Length
    19/30 in/TBL37
    Type
    2a/C/iii

*once a week deep treatment/heavy oiling etc. I have slacked off severly in college and my hair has definetaly suffered
    *I am now micro trimming and maintaining at my lower back dimples, so at begining or end of every month I will self trim until all of the damage, splits and thinness is gone
    *S&D more often
    *spend time making hair look presentable for school, pretty protective updos regularly
    * use up hair product before buying more
    "I cannot live without my life. I cannot live without my soul."
    Heathcliff