Thread: What's this post-reporting thing do?

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Question What's this post-reporting thing do?

So you've got a problem with a post or a thread. Maybe you need to change something in the thread title. Maybe you have a problem with something that someone posted. Maybe someone else needs to contact the higher-ups on the site but has posted about it in their blog because they didn't know what else to do. Maybe someone is spamming the boards.

Now what?

The most effective thing to do in any of the above situations is to report the post. All you have to do is click the little icon that looks like this: . In threads, it's in the bottom left of each post.

What happens after that? You get a little box to fill in what the trouble is. After that, the moderators have additional sections of the forum that are only visible to them, just like some areas of the site are only visible to members. A reported post makes a new thread in this section. From there, the moderators take a look at it and discuss and act upon it accordingly.

You don't want to get anyone in trouble? Don't worry about it. A reported post just draws the attention of the moderators. It doesn't cause instant trouble for anyone (except maybe obvious spam bots -- there isn't a lot of tolerance there).

So don't be shy. If it needs attention, report it. There are relatively few moderators compared to active members, and we don't necessarily spot everything quickly. Having responsible members serve as additional sets of eyes for us is really helpful. So thanks in advance!
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Default Re: What's this post-reporting thing do?

My issue with reporting is it frequently looks like nothing is done. Yes, I report, but only if it's well over my admittedly lack standards (I've been pointed due to such) or I feel the post is extremely dangerous.

But I don't see changes. The rudest posters are still posting, the creepy fet types are still around, the potentially dangerous posts are still around.

So, I'll admit. Unless it's so far over, I don't bother reporting. I just put people on ignore. At least I don't have to see their hate posts. Granted, I'm an admitted b**** and probably get reported daily and am on many ignore lists.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MandyBeth View Post
    But I don't see changes. The rudest posters are still posting, the creepy fet types are still around, the potentially dangerous posts are still around.
    You must be seeing more than I'm seeing...
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Lapushka, I was thinking this too...whaaaaaaat? The only two obviously creepy threads I remember over the past several months: we all posted our own comments with humor and turned them into some the most epic threads ever.

Also, maybe nuances of words such as "hate", "rude", and "dangerous" may vary from person to person. I think there may be a big difference of opinion here regarding the definitions.

That or I must not be clicking on the right threads or seeing the posts.