Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Why have long hair if it's always hidden?

Length
    SL/BSL/Class
    Type
    1b/M/iii

Default Re: Why have long hair if it's always hidden?

Definitely up for protecting my hair. I feel I bun 60% of the time, braid 35%, and leave loose 5%.

Fiorentina A. Canaretti Fiorentina's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/Waist/Class
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Because I love long Hair AND I love buns with nice hair accessories so let’s bun it…
    A nice​ bun makes the day.

Length
    12.5/17/44+
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    I have already answered this but perhaps the question could be flipped: why not have long hair if you can keep it out of the way?
    I love this.

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by WoolSweater View Post
    Hello,

I have a question. I'm very curious about it, and would love to hear different people's opinions. Also in my title I said women, but men of course can comment. I just rarely see men wearing buns and hair clips.

What I'm wanting to know is, why do you not wear your hair down? You spend many years growing it long, but then always have it up so no one can see the length. I'm not meaning this question as an insult at all, I am very curious why! I see a lot of postings with women who do not wear their long hair down. I understand this is in part due to protecting it, but don't you ever want to leave your hair down? Sometimes I wonder why knee length + is desired if never worn down. Again, I'm not upset or meaning to insult anyone, just interested! I guess in my mind, I'd always want it down if I had long, gorgeous hair. ;D But I've also read that some women, as well as leaving it up during the day, don't even have it down for the night! Seems the only time it is left down is for a shower, or a length shot. Now I always wear mine up, but that is because it's at an awkward length and not so healthy looking. I dream about the day I can proudly wear it down. And I also understand wearing it up at work, or with children, etc. But besides that, why? Thanks for reading!
    Hey, I totally agree with everything you are saying here! That is an excellent question to ask! Why grow your hair out very long, and then hide it? That just doesn't make any sense as all to me. I don't mean no insults either. But I just prefer my hair down. Now, the only times I wear my hair up is at night for sleeping but since I don't work nor hair and kids, and don't be around things where it can get caught into....I just enjoy the luxury of having it down.
    (Chin length) (Shoulder Length) (Bra Strap Length) (Mid Back Length) (Waist Length) (Hip Length) (Tail Bone Length) (Classic Length) (Mid Thigh Length) (Knee Length) (Calf Length) (Ankle Length) (Floor Length)

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

One big reason that I gre out my hair, was so that I could have fun doing updos. And I don't like to have my hair in the way and shorter hair was almost impossible to keep up.

And it's a bit like my more fancy skirts/dresses. I wouldn't wear them for everyday life. But when I do wear them I enjoy it so much more. The same goes with my hair.

It's also fun to get reactions from people who never/almost never sees it down, when I actually wear it loose or in a braid

And I think that my customers would throw me out if I didn't wear it up while cleaning their homes

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/43.5/Blunt
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Dark40 View Post
    Hey, I totally agree with everything you are saying here! That is an excellent question to ask! Why grow your hair out very long, and then hide it? That just doesn't make any sense as all to me. I don't mean no insults either. But I just prefer my hair down. Now, the only times I wear my hair up is at night for sleeping but since I don't work nor hair and kids, and don't be around things where it can get caught into....I just enjoy the luxury of having it down.
    Why call it hiding though? Having hair up is not necessarily hiding it--I caught a glimpse of my bun in the mirror for the first time in a while (I usually don't check the back) and even though I love how I look with my hair down I was struck by how beautiful and intricate it looked, even though it was just a plain old lazy wrap bun with some claw clips. In fact, I'm planning to redo it so I can have a nice smooth bun and just look at it in the mirror later to admire my hair. (How vain of me, I know lol.)

Lots of people have mentioned that they like long hair so they can do updos, which are harder with short hair. I would consider having an intricate updo or a pretty braid to be "showing off" hair just as much as having it down--maybe moreso because you've combined the necessary length with the skill required to perform the hairstyle.
    Chin~Shoulder~APL~Midback~Waist~Hip~TB~CL~[FTL]~MT~Knee~Knee+
    Pursuing my Princess Hair ♕

Length
    SL/BSL/Class
    Type
    1b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by mochichichi View Post
    Why call it hiding though? Having hair up is not necessarily hiding it--I caught a glimpse of my bun in the mirror for the first time in a while (I usually don't check the back) and even though I love how I look with my hair down I was struck by how beautiful and intricate it looked, even though it was just a plain old lazy wrap bun with some claw clips. In fact, I'm planning to redo it so I can have a nice smooth bun and just look at it in the mirror later to admire my hair. (How vain of me, I know lol.)

Lots of people have mentioned that they like long hair so they can do updos, which are harder with short hair. I would consider having an intricate updo or a pretty braid to be "showing off" hair just as much as having it down--maybe moreso because you've combined the necessary length with the skill required to perform the hairstyle.

I like that; it's very true, and very well put.

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ZoeZ View Post
    I love long hair simply for the fact that I have to spend so much less time styling - twist, clip and done! I used to spend hours curling my whole head to get the perfect 'profile' if you will, tried perms and ruined my hair - I have dead straight hair - not to mention sleeping in curlers at times. Now? The longest thing takes a half-hour, and that's for washing

I'll never go back to short hair.
    Yes, I know what you mean! I will never go back to short hair either! I don't care how long....very long hair takes to take care of. Because, I really enjoy doing my hair everyday! From washing on down to drying it, curling it, or flat-ironing it.
    (Chin length) (Shoulder Length) (Bra Strap Length) (Mid Back Length) (Waist Length) (Hip Length) (Tail Bone Length) (Classic Length) (Mid Thigh Length) (Knee Length) (Calf Length) (Ankle Length) (Floor Length)

Length
    Waist/BCL/FT
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I mostly hide it from people, and with hiding I actually mean hiding, I don't like to show my hair too much (for modesty reasons). As it's now becoming a lenght that will draw attention. Not on the LHC though, haha, I'm just getting long in here.... :-P
    But I like showing it off to my husband, actually showing it off. Dramatic bun drops are only happening behind closed doors, but they are certainly happening....

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Annssahh View Post
    Definitely up for protecting my hair. I feel I bun 60% of the time, braid 35%, and leave loose 5%.
    This is me, exactly. In a bun during the day, in a braid during the night, loose only when air-drying after a wash or briefly to dry after a run/workout. I save wearing my hair down only for special occasions or when I´m feeling fancy (happens maximum twice a year). It wasn´t always like this, however. I used to wear my hair down all the time - I cannot comprehend that now, because it was always snagging on something and it was in a terrible shape as a result.