Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bangs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Default Bangs

I am thinking about cutting bangs but am torn. Sometimes I feel they make the rest of my hair appear shorter. I know there are many bang threads but I need more!
    For those of you with bangs. Do you have...
    Blunt. Wispy. Thick. Thin fringe. Side swept. Straight across. Do you have the face framing sides included or do they stop at temple? What is your favorite and least favorite thing about them? Do you feel they make your face seem longer or rounder?

any comments about bangs...why you love them or hate them...have them or don't have them....please share. I have been going back and forth on this matter and want to hear opinions and ideas.
    Cut hair 11.06.2013 to CBL. Patiently waiting for it to grow back strong and healthy.
    Photo taken 12.04.2013

Length
    24 in/48in/term
    Type
    1b/F/i

Default Re: Bangs

I would love to have side swept, but my hair would never stay side swept. No matter what type of bangs I try, they end up stringy and hanging into my face. And I'm not about to use a blow dryer and mousse, gel or hairspray! I put great effort into protecting my hair from anything that would damage it. AND bangs would thin out the rest of my already very thin fine hair.

Length
    15.5/26bsl/50
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I would love to have thick straight across blunt bangs but they're so much upkeep and I feel like they never lay right now that the hair in the is all virgin. so I'm currently growing out mine and they're side swept. mine never want to stay straight across.
    From all bleached to 90% natural & BSL! goal->tailbone.

Length
    BSL/37/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

I contemplated cutting bangs for about a year before I did it. I am growing them out (I am all over LHC whining and moaning about how much I hate my bangs. I'm sure everyone is tired of me..I am tired of me too LOL ) Regarding your question, I can say that my main worry was that they would make my round face look even more round than it already is, but they totally did not. In fact, I think bangs made it look *less* round, by "breaking up" the shape of my face a little. I had long, eyelash-grazing straight across bangs with the longer pieces at the temples. They were deep (thick).
    I am going to put a pic in my album of them so I'm not cluttering up your thread.
    The constant fixing, fussing, trimming and styling is why I don't have them anymore. Part of my problem may have been that I refuse to use a flat iron or styling products, so maybe that's why they didn't work out. Good luck with your decision. I love bangs on other people.

Length
    cbl/hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

I had side swept bangs and growing these out is a nightmare. I love bangs on other people but on me, they make me look about 12. Not great for someone who already has a baby face.
    Growing to knee! At HIP currently

I have a curved bang with face framing longer pieces so it blends when my hair is down I have a diamond face shape... they're medium thickness .. my bangs end a little bit past my eyebrows and the face framing parts end at my cheekbones... I was thinking about growing them out but right now I'm going to keep them. I really like them I find them to be really flattering and they make my updos look less severe as well which is something I like. The only thing I don't like is the fact that if I want to wear them out I have to heat style them ( I have to straighten them) but aside from that LOVE

Length
    bald/21/35
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Hi ErinLeigh

I have tried different bangs over the years - Fringe (Blunt), Side swept and face framing.

Fringe: I had mine cut just above my brows blunt. This was when my hair was thicker almost 6 years ago.
    Pros - Love the look (chic and gurly), I kept the length of rest of the hair (BSL) and could do braids and ponytails. I mainly got these to look girly - just that phase when I was trying different things. Definitely made me look younger
    Cons - Maintenance - need to make sure they are well trimmed and do not start covering eyes - this can get annoying.
    Growing them out was sought of a pain too. But once they were little longer I pinned them back.

Side Swept: Left to right - almost chin length
    Pros: Looks very sophisticated.
    Cons: If you dont like hair coming in your face DO NOT get these. Not the best with wind - I remember being able to stand only in one direction with wind
    Growing them out was fairly easy - would do a little barid and tuck it in with any hairdo.

Face Framing: This was the latest I got before my big chop 1.5 years ago.
    Pros: Frames your face - very sauve. I enjoyed the look.
    Cons: Very difficult to maintain and grow out. I finally got a Bob chin length and then started all over

Hope this helps - hugs
    K

Quote Originally Posted by ErinLeigh View Post
    I am thinking about cutting bangs but am torn. Sometimes I feel they make the rest of my hair appear shorter. I know there are many bang threads but I need more!
    For those of you with bangs. Do you have...
    Blunt. Wispy. Thick. Thin fringe. Side swept. Straight across. Do you have the face framing sides included or do they stop at temple? What is your favorite and least favorite thing about them? Do you feel they make your face seem longer or rounder?

any comments about bangs...why you love them or hate them...have them or don't have them....please share. I have been going back and forth on this matter and want to hear opinions and ideas.

Length
    short/43"/fngtp
    Type
    3b/M/C/ii

I have been wearing bangs for 40 years. I have a high forehead and long nose, so my face looks longer and thinner with one-length hair (which I think looks unattractive on me). I am able to keep them trimmed myself, so no hair appt necessary. Mine are tapered, not straight across, and a bit longer than usual.

Length
    BSL/CL/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I think at shorter lengths especially, you have the flexibility to play with bangs.

I think about face framing, I have grown-out side swepts now. They are just beyond chin, now.
    My part is center, for better or for worse, it seems, and that disrupts the flow for side swept bangs.
    Join a declutter challenge http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=141272

Nevertheless, she persisted.

Length
    18"/36"+?/42"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Great thread, I'm seriously considering doing bangs because I have a big forehead with an oval face shape.
    Can those with bangs please post a picture? I'm terrified of cutting bands and regretting it, and I think all those of us considering the semi-chop would appreciate it.:-)
    Waist -> Hip -> BCL -> TBL -> Classic *~
    1a/F/M/ii ~ 36" last time I measured, which was a few months ago...
    Let your hair down * A woman's hair is her crown *