Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Most painful/embarrassing hair incident?

Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

Default Most painful/embarrassing hair incident?

Hi. I'm curious if you're all as klutzy and unfortunate as I am?

Please share (if you dare ) your most painful or embarrassing story about getting your long hair caught.

Mine was last year. I had just gotten out of my car and was holding a heavy box under each arm. I then bumped the car door shut with my arse..... You know how just a nanosecond before you finish doing something really stupid, you start to realize that you're doing something really stupid???

Yep. I shut and locked my hair in the top of the car door. I couldn't squat to set the two heavy boxes of valuables down because my hair was caught so close to the scalp. I had no other choice but to just swing my head around forcefully enough to pull my hair free of the locked door......and plow my left eye into a tree branch!

My eye doctor was mesmerized at my story the next day. I had to keep chewing him out each time he'd start to laugh.

NEXT!

Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Most painful/embarrassing hair incident?

Quote Originally Posted by Longlove View Post

Please share (if you dare ) your most painful or embarrassing story about getting your long hair caught.

Mine was last year. I had just gotten out of my car and was holding a heavy box under each arm. I then bumped the car door shut with my arse..... You know how just a nanosecond before you finish doing something really stupid, you start to realize that you're doing something really stupid???

Yep. I shut and locked my hair in the top of the car door. I couldn't squat to set the two heavy boxes of valuables down because my hair was caught so close to the scalp. I had no other choice but to just swing my head around forcefully enough to pull my hair free of the locked door......and plow my left eye into a tree branch!

My eye doctor was mesmerized at my story the next day. I had to keep chewing him out each time he'd start to laugh.

NEXT!
    LOL, nice

Hmm, when I was in high school, I was a competitive gymnast. I had hip-length hair, and once on a beam routine I was doing a backward somersault, and I had to move my braid out of the way in order to complete the skill :P

I did do a great routine though, and I got 1st place on beam for JV that day! I was always very easy to spot in the gym, because not only was I very tall for gymnastics at 5'7" (yah, most female gymnasts are around 5'3" or shorter), I was the one who was always fixing her hair because the looped braid I wore kept coming undone! Yet I refused to sacrifice my hair to the altar of gymnastics. Good thing, too, because I ended up getting injured later on that year and had to quit :P
    Your righteousness is like the mountains of God; your judgments are like the great deep; man and beast you save, O LORD. Psalm 36:6

Mine's kind of gross, but not too much..

One afternoon I had gone to Sonic for one of their chili cheese coneys. This was several years ago, before they went to only footlong. I enjoyed my lunch and all was right in the world.

Until later that night. I can't remember what I was doing, but suddenly I smelled CHILI. Upon investigation, somehow there was chili in the back of my hair!

I have no idea how I managed that, but I certainly did! And boy, was I hot. I had just washed it too!

I was leaning over near my bed, looking under the raised bed. The VORTEX fan, sucked up my hair and proceeded to whip is about, tearing a big, thick collection of strands from my head.

OUCH!

Banned
    Length
    SL/Waist/Hips
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I try and be so careful with my hair when it's down. Once while brushing my teeth in the sink my hair fell in while I was spitting toothpaste out (gross). Need I say more?

Length
    30ish/47"/70+"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Burned off my own bangs -and singed my forehead- lighting a cigarette.

Length
    ?/?/30-35
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Longlove View Post

NEXT!
    Haha!!!

Mine would be one time at college, a few friends and I decided to be crazy and pretend we were back in the 80's. We dressed up really dorky, and I brushed my hair out big time. I got the strangest looks when we went out of the dorm, and not funny looks, but "what's wrong with that girl?" kind of looks.

Another one was the time I got a curling iron way to close and burned a big mark across my forehead. It seemed to take forever for that to go away.

I only look confused. Arctic_Mama's Avatar
    Length
    Shldr/Waist/Knee
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii/iii

Oooh, I think it was the time I thought it was a good idea to try out my mom's small-barrel brush (her hair is a whole two inches) and nearly had to cut out/rip out the hair to get it undone. I was so embarrassed I worked on it myself for an hour before going to her, and of course I only made it WORSE!

Hurts just thinking about it.
    The hair is the richest ornament of women. - Martin Luther
    Goal: Virgin knee length

I remember when I was small I thought that the point of using a round brush was to make curls by wrapping the hair around it. My mom had to untangle it for me.
    Once in a while I still get my hair sucked into a fan, but never long enough to do any serious damage.

Length
    12/42/term

I've caught my hair in fans, vacuums, the car window, the car door, the headboard, sheesh. Too many places to count. I try to keep it braided at all costs now.

My son had a rechargable mini model car when he was small. He decided to drive it on his sisters head. The wheels spun up her hair near the scalp. I had to carefully cut that one out. So glad it wasn't me.