Thread: Another one bites the dust...

Length
    SL/SL+/?
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

Default Another one bites the dust...

http://offtherack.people.com/2008/03...it-or-hate-it/

*le sigh*

She's a lovely woman so I don't think she looks bad, but it's a shame that she probably got pressured into cutting off her beautiful long hair.
    No specific goal for now, just trying to practice benign neglect.

Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Well, I still think it looks pretty. She had the same hair length and style for so long that she probably needed a change. Don't be surprised if you see her longer locks back in a year or so.

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I'm not being horrible but....is it just me or does her hair look a bit fried? That looks like some serious blonding there.....maybe her length couldn't take it?

She still looks great though and her hair has that "long look" to me so it wouldn't take long to have long hair again.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Length
    mback/tbone/clssc
    Type
    1b/F/ii

It looks a bit frizzy but not that bad. I liked long better but it could be it ws just combed more smoothly in other pictures. Hard to compare.
    Being who you are is the ultimate compliment to yourself ~ Secretmidnight
    My album

Length
    4/??/??
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Articles like this and YouTube have one thing in common - never read the comments, it'll make your blood boil at the callousness of people. By end of page two there's been the obligatory donation comment, of course, and then there was this:

Honestly, at a certain age women start to look ridiculous with long hair (even Gwyneth Paltrow) and hers was beyond just “long hair” it was practically waist length. This is much more mature and classy.

Idiot.

Wow, my perception is completely off, must be this place , I'm only starting to think of my hair long now and it's TB length.

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Red Jezebel View Post
    Articles like this and YouTube have one thing in common - never read the comments, it'll make your blood boil at the callousness of people. By end of page two there's been the obligatory donation comment, of course, and then there was this:

Idiot.

Wow, my perception is completely off, must be this place , I'm only starting to think of my hair long now and it's TB length.
    Oh i stopped careing about what those people say, um, actually i never really did. The rubbish that you hear has to just make you laugh really. You and your hair look great......honestly, don't pay any attention! (That goes to anybody else who lets comments like that bother them too)
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Length
    BSL/Waist/Hips?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Oh yes, I saw it yesterday at jusjared and the comments regarding her previous long hair were terrible (rat's nest, seems like she finally took a bath, ugly mop....)

I think she looks equaly great with long and short hair. She has one of those faces which suits short hair (as Halle Berry) but I loved the fact that she was a kind of long hair's representative and has had long hair for quite a time.

Length
    bsl/waist/hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Like everybody, Gwynneth Paltrow is free to cut her hair, or grow it long again, as she pleases.

That said, I was quite surprised when I saw the picture for one because while she changed the length, she didn't really change the look (it still frames her face exactly the same way as before), and secondly because to me it seems a rather bad cut. It looks like some incompetent hairdresser was trying to achieve an Anne-Heche-Style layered look but couldn't. On top of that her hair is really quite poorly styled in this picture - random hairs going in all directions.

As for the usual barrage of comments about age and appropriate hair length: the only explanation I can come up with for that is that obviously some people seem to feel the need to get others to conform to stereotypes they have themselves chosen to conform to, such as the middle-aged essentually non-sexual short-, preferably helmet-haired woman. Any memory that the long-haired Gwynneth Paltrow only yesterday was considered an epitome of female beauty they have already conveniently supressed in their quest to fit everybody into the same (short haired) mould.

katharine

Length
    ??/32/??
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Red Jezebel View Post

Idiot.

The comments usually make me laugh. There are several on that page which say how bouncy, full of life and healthy her hair looks now. Her hair looks rather damaged to me, and nothing like what I would consider "bouncy".

I just looked up some photos of her with long hair for comparison, which I think looks lovely. This cut suits her well too, though. I just wouldn't call it healthy looking.
    ??/waist/??
    Products: Terressentials, MM shampoos, honey, jojoba oil, shea butter, henna.

Banned
    Length
    SL/Waist/Hips
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I don't really care for it, looks a bit unkept.