Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your bun drop! :D

Length
    16/30/50
    Type
    1b/F/i

Default Re: Show us your bun drop! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Demi-Plum View Post
    Oh my gosh how lovely! I want to do one nao. I also want to do one in front of my boyfriend. He told me he thinks my hair is sexy (seriously wasn't expecting to get the best compliment of my life in that conversation) and I always thought that was one of the most beautiful things about seeing a woman undress (in movies of course).
    OHH Yeessss! that is soo cool. Not sure how my SO would react to that one though, he just moans that he finds my hair everywhere, in the dinner, down the plughole etc. Sigh, you are lucky. I didn't know about bundropping, but Seeshami and nobletonya have both got the most stunning effects with this. Lovely!!

Length
    SHLDR/TBL+/CLSC?
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Seeshami View Post
    It is my bastardized Nautalis bun:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4HmQ7jrHV8

I don't shut up but there a notes as to where I do hair
    Thank you! I do hope that's the official name for it :P adorable video (and kitty!!) by the way

You may be about to be my absolute hero right now... If you did the 5 second loop then coiled the twisted length around, kind of cinnabun style, then stuck a hairstick into the loop and though the twisted coil bit, what bun would that be? That is a legitimate bun right? 'Cause I kind of accidentally did it yesterday and it's so comfortable, I don't remember ever seeing a tutorial for it but I feel like it is a real bun! Does it have a name or have I finally gone completely mad?
    No trims in 2014! 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12!
    Hip (34")
    --> BCL (36") --> TBL (~38") --> Dreaming of Classic (42") --> Mid thigh?! (~46"?)

Length
    15/20/30
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

OMG Seeshami, cutest voice ever.

The Naughty Mess says.... Seeshami's Avatar
    Length
    4/51.5/Until
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Rio040113 View Post
    Thank you! I do hope that's the official name for it :P adorable video (and kitty!!) by the way

You may be about to be my absolute hero right now... If you did the 5 second loop then coiled the twisted length around, kind of cinnabun style, then stuck a hairstick into the loop and though the twisted coil bit, what bun would that be? That is a legitimate bun right? 'Cause I kind of accidentally did it yesterday and it's so comfortable, I don't remember ever seeing a tutorial for it but I feel like it is a real bun! Does it have a name or have I finally gone completely mad?
    That would be a real nautalis or a lazy wrap. Lazy wraps are generally you make the loop wrap the ends around the stem of the loop and then stretch the loop over the wrapped up hair. The Nautalis bun isn't suppose to be pulled through like I do but it's the only way I can get it to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieP3 View Post
    OMG Seeshami, cutest voice ever.
    Thank you

The naughty mess says, "I plead innocent!"
    Should have kept your snaggles off the keyboard and plead the 5th.

Length
    SHLDR/TBL+/CLSC?
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Seeshami View Post
    That would be a real nautalis or a lazy wrap. Lazy wraps are generally you make the loop wrap the ends around the stem of the loop and then stretch the loop over the wrapped up hair. The Nautalis bun isn't suppose to be pulled through like I do but it's the only way I can get it to stay.
    I think I explained myself poorly, imagine the 5 second loop, then you pull the end down so the whole twist forms a U shape (or swirl, if your hair is longer) with the loop on the end still, then secure it by poking you stick through the loop and then through the coil. Does that make sense? I don't know how to explain I love both the LWB and Nautilus though, they were my go to buns up until lately, they seem to have gone on the fritz somehow
    Hip (34")
    --> BCL (36") --> TBL (~38") --> Dreaming of Classic (42") --> Mid thigh?! (~46"?)

The Naughty Mess says.... Seeshami's Avatar
    Length
    4/51.5/Until
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

I think it still falls in the grey area of Lazy wrap bun/ bastardized nautalis

The naughty mess says, "I plead innocent!"
    Should have kept your snaggles off the keyboard and plead the 5th.

Length
    13"/waist/long
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Rio040113 View Post
    I think I explained myself poorly, imagine the 5 second loop, then you pull the end down so the whole twist forms a U shape (or swirl, if your hair is longer) with the loop on the end still, then secure it by poking you stick through the loop and then through the coil. Does that make sense? I don't know how to explain I love both the LWB and Nautilus though, they were my go to buns up until lately, they seem to have gone on the fritz somehow
    You might be describing how I do my equilibrium buns too, but I'm not sure.
    Lady Morelia, Caretaker of the Unknown Beasts in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    SHLDR/TBL+/CLSC?
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I might try and make a video and let people see what I mean, my explanation isn't great
    Hip (34")

Length
    34"/45"/IDK
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

What a great idea for a thread! I don't think my look anywhere as elegant as both of yours. I may try to make a video though.

March 2014 - Almost to fingertip

Type
    1c/M/C/ii/iii

That video makes me so jealous :<
    BSL~Waist~Hip~TBL~Classic