Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rant!!!

Length
    APL/waist/even
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Angry Rant!!!

I've just decided that my hair isn't the way I wanted it to be. Not the way I visualised it when I started to grow it again, if you know what I mean. I wanted it to be straight, even, long, sleek, shiny and worn down. It isn't Instead of this it looks like an old, uneven broom at the ends no metter how I treat it and is kept in updoes all the time (so where does the broom effect come from?). All for it's good. And what about my good? Is that my hair for me or me for my hair?

Now question to all of you who keep your hair often/mostly down while growing: Is that possible to do that and not demage your hair? Or do you use any protection on it?

I'll be very grateful for any advice or answer

Length
    30ish/47"/70+"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Default Re: Rant!!!

Well.... I've only recently started putting mine in updos. I wore it down exclusively for years. And, it took me...over ten years to reach waist. I can only imagine it's because of constant damage.

Since I came here, I've been putting it up during the day, and taking it down at night, and have grown a full inch! Of course, it may be because of the Monistat, but I choose to think it's a combination, and will keep doing it this way.

If you're not happy with your hair up, and aren't too concerned about its growth rate, then why not just leave it down?

Length
    23/32/??
    Type
    2a/F/ii

What exactly do you men by "looking like a broom"? Is your hair dry and crunchy? If moisture treatments do not help, maybe a microtrim does. I have this sooner or later because of an outgrowing perm, and cutting just a little bit helps a lot, to make my ends behave again.

Banned
    Length
    SL/Waist/Hips
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I'll always advocate coconut oil......one of my favorite oils to smooth through my hair.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/BSL/waist
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

The only way you can get rid of that "uneven broom" effect is by trimming. I get mine trimmed about 1/2 inch every 3 months. I may gain length a little slower than non-trimmers, but I like my even ends (well, as even as they can be with this wurly hair).

Length
    APL/waist/even
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Denebi View Post
    What exactly do you men by "looking like a broom"? Is your hair dry and crunchy? If moisture treatments do not help, maybe a microtrim does. I have this sooner or later because of an outgrowing perm, and cutting just a little bit helps a lot, to make my ends behave again.
    That's what I plan to do but... what if I'd worn it down more often?

Account Closed by Member Request
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i

I've also found that coconut helps with this problem. It protects and nourishes the strands and on the rare occasion that I wear my hair down, I don't fret about it quite so much!

Length
    20/34/37
    Type
    1a/C/iii

I'm a trimmer! It doesn't take much trimming to make my hair look smoother. I like to wear it down as long as it's not too hot outside.

Length
    26/32.5/term
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Im also a trimmer. Only do dustings every 4 months. But it helps keep my ends alittle thicker. And I'm a big fan of coconut oil and shea butter.
    "Lady Atlanta" keeper of the boundless winds in the order of the Long Hair Knights.

Length
    28/32/36
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

Due to the picture in your siggie, I would say your hair is anti broom like. But since you have straight hair, the ends are going to be straight too, right? I think your hair is pretty shiny, and last adjective I would ever think of would be "broom-like"

Sorry I didn't help your problem, maybe helped your hair ego though?