Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazy colour help!

Length
    SL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Crazy colour help!

Hey guys. I realized last time I finally have a courage to dye my hair some crazy colour. And I still don't know what I wiuld like the best for me! I want some deep, preferably colder colour, like navy blue, bloody red or aubergine.. I have also considered adding few white streaks (just got inspirated with Sweeney Todd movie, lol ) then add maybe another colour of streaks to create some interesting subtle effect? What do you think would suit me? I have mid-brown hair, as you can see on my profile picture. Oh, and I don't want to bleach ALL my hair definetely.
    Current length 67 cm, final goal 82 cm

Length
    12/mb/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Crazy colour help!

If you don't want to bleach your hair, there's no way to get white streaks unless you do something like chalking. It's good that you're interested in a deeper color because any deposit only dye you put over brown hair will end up dark.
    Routine for my dyed mid back length hair: shampoo and condition twice a week, with Alterna Kendi Dry Oil Spray all over and shea butter on ends and lightly on length as leave-ins on wet hair, and blow dried with a Sedu on low heat

Length
    SL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Yes I know, I'm fine with bleaching only a few streaks to get white, I just don't want to remove all my natural colour permanently

Length
    12/mb/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

OIC

Bleaching can be difficult if you want to get all the way to stark white. I'd rec getting it done professionally if you can. But if not there are plenty of people who manage to do it successfully on their own-- I'm not one of them tho LOL. When I tried to do it on my own I had to stop at light orange because my hair was turning to straw. When I had it done in a salon, it was fine tho.
    Routine for my dyed mid back length hair: shampoo and condition twice a week, with Alterna Kendi Dry Oil Spray all over and shea butter on ends and lightly on length as leave-ins on wet hair, and blow dried with a Sedu on low heat

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

What about putting in some cool streaks in your natural hair, and getting some clip-ins in white?
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    SL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

It's a nice idea. But I am afraid if somebody would see it's artificial. Still it's an option

Length
    SHLDR/TBL+/CLSC?
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Anje View Post
    What about putting in some cool streaks in your natural hair, and getting some clip-ins in white?
    I second this ^, the clip-ins would save your hair needing to be bleached, plus it means you can play around more and change up your look whenever you fancy
    No trims in 2014! 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12!
    Hip (34")
    --> BCL (36") --> TBL (~38") --> Dreaming of Classic (42") --> Mid thigh?! (~46"?)

Length
    APL/TBL/idk
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Heres a video about going white entirely, but of course, follow these sorts of instructions for just the streaks if you do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh-nBqwgmKo

Clip ins means less commitment however
    Last edited by RainbowBowser; November 22nd, 2013 at 05:27 PM.
    ~* Just do your best, whatever your "best" is today. *~

Length
    SL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Wow, that's really helpful! Now I am convinced to get colour streaks and buy white clip-ins. However I'm still choosing colour any suggestion?

Length
    buzz/TBL/long!
    Type
    3a/F/iii

It's hard to tell from a black and white photo, but if your hair is as dark as it looks, you'll have to do some kind of lightening to get anything approaching "crazy" colors. In my experience with deposit-only dyes like Manic Panic over brown hair, I can get sort of highlights, and an overall tone of blue or red, but in no way would I describe it as particularly bright or vivid. I liked it, though!