1a/1b/F/i/ii

Default Re: Mamacat is back!

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSkies View Post
    Thanks Neoma! Your hair is gorgeous too
    Thank you!������

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSkies View Post
    KameRose Why do you not like it? Hopefully, you will figure it out soon or else you could still resell it in the swap board.

My Mamacats have arrived a few days back. Love that it holds my slippery hair up well and is very lightweight and smooth! I love the rainbow colours of the Madras Dymondwood! However, I've read that the blue and purple dymondwood will fade. I wonder how will it look like after the colours fade. Are there any method to stop the fading other than storing in a dark place?

Zebrawood:

Madras Dymondwood:
    I'm not sure. I mean I *like* it, but not *like* *like*... It's probably the stripes, I generally abhor stripes. Looks like I'll have to get a non-dymondwood one to compare. Also... perhaps not a ribbon spiraled one. I am rather taken with the camo simple spirals that are listed right now. But that will have to wait while my wallet recovers from my latest hair toy purchases. Also, think I'm going to try and find some action pictures with simple spirals.

Those ribbon spirals look divine in your hair. The zebra wood gives a wonderful contrast to your dark mane.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoma View Post
    I have been waiting for the perfect pair of Mamacat sticks for quite a while. I bought this pair a couple of days ago.
    Congrats on finding your perfect pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty View Post
    Such lovely sticks. I think I've officially decided that Mamacat is my favorite hair toy maker. I particularly love the ribbon spirals. I have one corkscrew pair and four pairs of ribbon spirals in my possession and a pair in cobalt blue ribbon spirals on the way.

Once I get the new pair I'll try to remember to post pictures of my collection.
    O, that sounds like a lovely collection you have!

Type
    1b/F/M/ii/iii

KameRose Thank you! Yes, the camo spiral looks lovely. You could probably also try out the natural wood or acrylic ones in future.
    ~CBL~APL~BSL~MBL~WL~

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Got my blues!

And my lineup:

I usually wear them in a Celtic knot bun or orchid bun.

Caution: LHC-itis may become terminal.
    https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

What a gorgeous collection, Zesty! And they look awesome in your hair!

Zesty that is suck a fabulous collection. They all look lovely in your luscious locks.

Also, looks like there is a new bun style I need to add to my list to try and learn. I really wish I could find some user friendly picture tutorials,(like the ones that tell you what way to turn the screwdriver LOL) because seriously whoever thought video tutorials were a good idea I'd like to give a good smack to. Ok, mini rant over.

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty View Post
    Got my blues!

[/img]

And my lineup:

[/img]

I usually wear them in a Celtic knot bun or orchid bun.

[/img]
    Beautiful collection, Zesty! And gorgeous action shots. Those rose water sticks in particular are heavenly. I wanted them so bad but having the plum water acrylic in the same shape made it hard to justify purchasing.

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Today I asked Angela, aka Mamacat, to make a pair of 5" cocobolo Dymondwood corkscrew sticks for me. (They're this color, but the corkscrew design, which works better for me since it doesn't try to "unscrew.") I shipped my walnut Dymondwood corkscrews back to her today; she's going to shorten them to 5" for me and return them with the cocobolo pair. Most of my buns are center hold, so even if I grow a massive bun -- pause for laughter -- 5" should be fine. After all, 5" was perfect when my hair was hip length.

I am totally in love with her work. The quality is top-notch. And her customer service is excellent. I'm selling most of my hair toys and buying these as "essentials."

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Mamacat finished my cocobolo Dymondwood sticks and shortened my walnut Dymondwood ones! Whoohoo!

Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Not quite sure if this is the exact thread I ought to be posting in, but does anyone know about how often/what days of the week Mamacat posts new "Simple straight" hairsticks? I'd like to get one, but the last time I saw a pair up for sale in their shop they got bought out while I had to go get dinner, and I'd prefer to avoid that experience again if possible!