Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aloe Vera powder in a henna mix?

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Default Re: Aloe Vera powder in a henna mix?

I use Godrej Nupur Mehendi Powder 9 Herbs Blend, with aloe vera being one of the 9 herbs blended in. It’s difficult to say the effect of aloe alone, since it comes pre-blended with the other stuff, but my hair does feel lovely and soft post-henna, no dryness.
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

Length
    ~WL/BCL/TBL+
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by czech it out View Post
    Any new insights on aloe powder in 2019? I'm curious if it actually helps to prevent dryness from using mud treatments like henna, cassia, etc.
    Aloe vera powder is a must have in all my henna and cassia blends. It makes a world of difference! The only time I don't add aloe vera powder to a mix is when using straight indigo.
    SL-->APL-->BSL-->MBL-->WL-->HL-->BCL-->TBL-->CL--->
    ~~~~~
    I henna!

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by hennalove View Post
    Aloe vera powder is a must have in all my henna and cassia blends. It makes a world of difference! The only time I don't add aloe vera powder to a mix is when using straight indigo.
    Ooh - that's great to know! Thanks for sharing!
    1b/1c F ii

Quote Originally Posted by hennalove View Post
    Do you find aloe vera hydrating or what makes the difference, hennalove?

Length
    Waist/3 ft./6ft.
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

I always use aloe in my henna muds! It doesn't matter if it's a powder, gel, or straight from the plant; it DOES help with moisture. (IMHO)

Length
    ~WL/BCL/TBL+
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgaris View Post
    Do you find aloe vera hydrating or what makes the difference, hennalove?
    I find aloe vera prevents any drying from the henna. It leaves my hair nice and soft so I use aloe vera even in my henna glazes made with coconut milk. It's also a lovely conditioner by itself.
    SL-->APL-->BSL-->MBL-->WL-->HL-->BCL-->TBL-->CL--->
    ~~~~~
    I henna!

Length
    ~Chin/TBL+/CL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I use aloe, too! I think that aloe makes a huge difference in henna-cassia, cassia or sedr mixes. My henna-cassia mix comes with aloe powder already mixed in, actually. I've tried both sedr and cassia on their own and with aloe powder added. With pure sedr or cassia, the likelihood of tangles after the treatment seems to be higher. (...I'm guessing that my hair tangles when it becomes dry?) The aloe really does seem to help with hydration. Aloe vera liquid works well, too.
    ~Bleach-free from April 2018~*~No trimming~

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I also use the Godrej Nupur henna poweder with aloe in it and find it excellent. Since finding it I don't really use any other henna unless it's in a DT mix. I do often add more aloe powder and also more fenugreek powder to my mix for extra slip though. I also have now taken to using coconut milk in my henna treatments as it leaves the hair with that lovely henna shine, but extra! It does slightly reduce the dye uptake when mixed with coconut milk but I'm ok with that, I still get a great stain from it.

Aloe powder is now something I add to all my DIY hair and skin treatments. I like the gel fresh from the leaf best but having the powder means I can just use it easily without having to go out and plan buying a fresh leaf.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Where do you buy your aloe powder ChloeDharma? I have a massive bottle of aloe gel but I daren't open it- I rarely have the energy to do anything extra to my hair so it would probably go off after one or two uses at most. Aloe powder presumably wouldn't.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    Where do you buy your aloe powder ChloeDharma? I have a massive bottle of aloe gel but I daren't open it- I rarely have the energy to do anything extra to my hair so it would probably go off after one or two uses at most. Aloe powder presumably wouldn't.
    I buy mine in Indian grocers MusicalSpoons. Yes the fresh gel or liquid does have a short shelf life. I think aloe liquid lasts something like 6 weeks in the fridge after opening it. The powder lasts ages which is why I like to keep some around.
    You can probably buy it on ebay or amazon or maybe somewhere like Neals Yard or Baldwins website, but the Indian shops are the cheapest I've found so far.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.