Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Lover's Knot

Default The Lover's Knot

!!!ENABLING ALERT!!!

I just received my second order from the lady who runs "The Lover's Knot". I really love her hairsticks. The metal portion feels and works very much like my Ron Quattro hairsticks but they are much, much cheaper at $5.00 or $6.00 a piece. Also, the length of the stick is entirely up to you. Order as short or as long as you like.

If you would like some sturdy, slender metal hairsticks and can't afford Quattro's prices you should look into this woman's items. Of course they are not the work's of art that Ron Quattro makes but at $6.00 a piece, they are very fine hairsticks.

I wrote a review here if you want to know more.

Addind a link to the Etsy store. https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheLoversKnotJewelry //TatsuOni
    Last edited by TatsuOni; December 30th, 2020 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Adding a new link to the store

Banned
    Length
    SL/Waist/Hips
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: The Lover's Knot

What a great price for such pretty sticks. I personally don't care for the metal hair sticks but they do look lovely.

Length
    -/Shldr/-
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/iii

Ah, I see this is the same maker as VK Designs.

© GRD, 3 March 2007

Account Closed by Member Request

I knew that page looked familiar and thought they stole the pics from VK designs, rofl!

They state at the bottom, they are also VK designs, I was like wtf? I have some of those!! haha

Quote Originally Posted by Tabitha View Post
    Ah, I see this is the same maker as VK Designs.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHELIAANN1969 View Post
    I knew that page looked familiar and thought they stole the pics from VK designs, rofl!

They state at the bottom, they are also VK designs, I was like wtf? I have some of those!! haha
    Aha! I had never heard of VK designs so I Googled it, went to the website and the page design and items are identical. I wonder why she has two different storefronts?

Type
    1b/F/ii

You do get what you pay for as well, the quality is faaar from the quality of Ron Quattro's items. I've never had to sand any Quattro sticks but with these I found the ends uneven and snaggy and the toppers (where the different metal parts were joined) had some rough spots.

Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Silver & Gold View Post
    Aha! I had never heard of VK designs so I Googled it, went to the website and the page design and items are identical. I wonder why she has two different storefronts?
    Yeah....just what I was wondering, too. Do you suppose she's trying to get away from the VK Designs and move into the Lover's Knot moniker instead? It doesn't really describe the sort of work she does - I was expecting to see some Celtic designs, actually, at least some sort of "knot"-related items, anyway.

I had the good fortune of seeing some of the VK Design products Gold Apple ordered once and they are very nice. I have trouble with metals, though, so I tend to avoid metal sticks.

Have a couple of Quattros still, sometimes they cause problems, sometimes they don't - my body is so outta whack.... (

Your reviews are excellent, btw. Concise, thorough and tell me what I really need to know - keep them comin'!
    The Blog: Skipping Barefoot Down the Rocky Road of Life

Length
    17/30/34
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy E. View Post
    Yeah....just what I was wondering, too. Do you suppose she's trying to get away from the VK Designs and move into the Lover's Knot moniker instead? It doesn't really describe the sort of work she does - I was expecting to see some Celtic designs, actually, at least some sort of "knot"-related items, anyway.
    I have one of her Celitic-y sticks -- the letter "C" in this pic here -- and I have to say, it's adorable. Even my DH -- who, bless his heart, doesn't really care all that much about hairtoys -- said, "Oh, how elegant!" when I took it out of the package.

It is a teeny bit snaggy, though, on the bottom. I'm going to go to work with a metal file this weekend. But a small price to pay for a pretty stick of such ... well, small price!
    *** watch this space ***

Tapioca

I've got a bunch of VK sticks, and I love them all. My hair's so thick, that the skinnier metal sticks work better for me. I have had some be a tad rough at the point, but five minutes with a metal nail file fixed that. It's worth it to me for affordable sticks.

Length
    13"/27.5"/32"
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

This is exciting -- I'm definitely going to be ordering one or two (or three or four...) Thanks for your review! Also good to know from the comments here that I may need to go at them with a file for a few minutes.
    Work in progress!