Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair growth different rates?

Length
    23.75/24/30
    Type
    2a/F/i

Default Hair growth different rates?

I was just wondering if anyone else has hair growth at vastly differing rates??

I'm growing out henna but getting most cut off on Friday (I'm at peace with this decision). When I put it in a bun or up in a scrunchie it's 99% blonde on my scalp and even part of the bun is blonde now too.

I walked in to book the appointment to make sure the person I was seeing could do something with the root length I have but it not be too insanely short. Most of my roots are 6-7 inches long, but there are a few patches (especially near the crown) where my growth has been much slower and I've only got 3-4 inches (mostly in the 4 inch range). There's one long area on the back right side of my neck that has almost 10 inches of natural hair!

The hairdresser thought this was unusual as hair growth is usually pretty even.

Anyone have hair that grows so unevenly?

Henna gone, at APL now!
    You often meet your destiny on the road you've taken to avoid it

Length
    26.5/30.5/32
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

Default Re: Hair growth different rates?

My left side grows significantly faster than my right.. If I brush my hair to my left in between trims it always seems so much longer. So annoying!
    BSL - MBL - WL - HL

Length
    22 in/29 in/35
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

My left side grows faster too

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/BSL/waist
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Prior to this year, my right side grew noticeably faster. However, growth seems very even this year.

Someday the Northern Realm in the Highlands
    Length
    24in/47in/Term
    Type
    3b/3c/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by raingirl View Post

I'm growing out henna but getting most cut off on Friday (I'm at peace with this decision). When I put it in a bun or up in a scrunchie it's 99% blonde on my scalp and even part of the bun is blonde now too.

I walked in to book the appointment to make sure the person I was seeing could do something with the root length I have but it not be too insanely short. Most of my roots are 6-7 inches long, but there are a few patches (especially near the crown) where my growth has been much slower and I've only got 3-4 inches (mostly in the 4 inch range). There's one long area on the back right side of my neck that has almost 10 inches of natural hair!

That is why I have layers. I don't trim and I have four distinct different lengths of hair. After two years of monitoring this I noticed my lower rear is the fastest. My front fringe and top center rear crown are the slowest growing the same. My side rear crown is better then the middle rear and my sides are just a little faster then the fringe. What an adventure in growing out my hair.
    "Creation is the first Icon of God"
    3 layers, Fringe-4ac fi frizzy, crimpy,coily. Canopy-3bc fi, spirals, coily. Rear-2abc fi wavy, wispy, coily

Someday the Northern Realm in the Highlands
    Length
    24in/47in/Term
    Type
    3b/3c/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by raingirl View Post

That is why I have layers. I don't trim and I have four distinct different lengths of hair. After two years of monitoring this I noticed my lower rear is the fastest. My front fringe and top center rear crown are the slowest growing the same. My side rear crown is better then the middle rear and my sides are just a little faster then the fringe. What an adventure in growing out my hair.
    "Creation is the first Icon of God"
    3 layers, Fringe-4ac fi frizzy, crimpy,coily. Canopy-3bc fi, spirals, coily. Rear-2abc fi wavy, wispy, coily

Length
    18/47/53
    Type
    1a/F/ii

My right side grows faster which used to really bother me. I thought every follicle grew the same, oops!

Years ago when I was coloring and highlighting it, my roots were very uneven.
    There is no dark side of the moon, really.
    Matter of fact, it's all dark. ~ Pink Floyd

Length
    16in/36in/45+
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

I don't know for sure, but I would assume that hair grows at different rates. I mean the rest of your body hair grow at different rates so I'd have to assume your hair is able to grow at different rates too.

Length
    26"/30"/36"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

I'm not sure if it's true, but I feel like my canopy grows slower than the underneath portion of my hair. It also seems like it has more damage, so maybe that has something to do with it. But I'm currently growing out layers right now, so I can't be entirely sure.

Length
    23.75/24/30
    Type
    2a/F/i

Ok, so it seems normal. It just seems like a huge discrepancy between 4 inches and 10... The human body is a mystery!

Henna gone, at APL now!
    You often meet your destiny on the road you've taken to avoid it