Page 465 of 838 FirstFirst ... 365415455463464465466467475515565 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,650 of 8376

Thread: What are you doing to/for your hair right now?

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Default Re: What are you doing to/for your hair right now?

Quote Originally Posted by cestlavie View Post
    I really hope this hair cut is a clean slate for new healthy hair growth! (I saw your thread btw)
    Thank you!! If anything I at least got rid of a ton of knots. I hope I can move forward from here as well

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jеstеr View Post
    Right now I am in love with oil/shampoo method. There was an extremely long thread here about the methods of care by movie stars in the past, specifically Carol Lombard and this is my favorite method as of now. Means washing with a mix of clarifying ( sulfate) shampoo with coconut oil, beaten into a creamy solution, just did it a second time and absolutely love the results..
    Interesting! I have a SLS shampoo that has oil in it and I love it, I would be keen to up the oil dose with additional coconut oil.
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I'm currently doing a protein treatment / rice water rinse. I've never really figured out if my hair loves protein or not... I usually do one or two a year... I'm might try more regular treatments to see what happens.
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

I’ve got some henna on my head for the next couple hours. I oiled pretty heavy (actually heavier than I ever have before) so we’ll see if that changes anything. I did not end of making conditioner because I got involved with other things (dividing like 500 irises) but I think I have some pre made stuff laying around somewhere

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

My hair isn’t too dry after henna last night, but I also didn’t find the cheapo conditioner I thought I had! But made do anyways. Hair was so shiny this morning, and hubs said “10 times softer than it was yesterday, and it was pretty soft yesterday” anyways just made my conditioner mix... btms, herbal tea, glycerine, oat protein, argan jojoba avocado oils and vitamin e. There was just a tiny bit left in the pot after I filled the conditioner bottle so I plopped it on my hair.

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I’ve just washed it (WO) and applied avocado oil to the length while wet then rinsed it out with garnier papaya hair food (combed through). The avocado oil smells strong, thankfully the papaya has improved the smell! Currently letting it air dry. It feels clean and soft, will see what it’s like when it dries.

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Henna on my roots. Tomorrow morning will be indigo.
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

'll be doing my hot oil treatment with castor and jojoba tomorrow, I won't use olive oil or coconut with it this time as the last two times I added extra oils with it and it was much too heavy for my hair and wouldn't come out unless I re-pooed it which kind of defeats the whole purpose
    Shoulder+ by my 40th (May 2025)
    Buzz>>>Pixie>>>Chin>>>Shoulder
    Living The Split Dye Life

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

Making herbal shampoo mix, boiled it all together and it will sit overnight. I’ll blend it tomorrow, strain it out, and add some more water to make a bigger batch, to use and to freeze. Have some catnip tea brewing with catnip from the garden, first batch of homegrown catnip rinse. Had to share some with my cat so he approves. Overnight pre poo with coconut oil right now. Haven’t shampooed since Friday so tomorrow will be the 4th day, though Saturday hardly counts because I hennaed that day. Still a stretch from pre-June daily washing anyways so small steps!

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

Currently laying in bed with Castor/jojoba/lavender oil in my hair with eyes closed listening to music. Now I feel like a nap xD