Page 381 of 838 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391431481 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,810 of 8376

Thread: What are you doing to/for your hair right now?

Length
    CL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: What are you doing to/for your hair right now?

Prepared a fermented rice water rinse for today's wash day. Shampooed and conditioned and then I poored the rice water on my scalp and length. Let it sit for 5 minutes and rinsed it out again. My hair is dry now and it feels stronger like after a protein treatment. It is also less frizzy and very shiny. Will try this more often

Saturday is wash day. Experimenting again, this time a leave-in from Shea Solutions (Dollar Tree) that looks promising at this stage. Still drying, though.

Length
    pixie/14/40^
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

I washed twice with Suave clarifying shampoo to remove old dye and to prep for a manic panic gloss. I've been feeling meh about my hair so I'm hoping this helps that feeling pass.
    "I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will."

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I've just co-washed my hair using Herbal Essences Smooth-Lisse Conditioner, and I deep conditioned using SiliconeMix Bambu. I just let the SiliconeMix sit in my hair for 5 minutes. Then, I rinsed it all out. Next, I sprayed my Isoplus leave-in conditioner, and now I'm sitting here letting it air-dry up to 5 hours. Then, I'm going to blow dry it for only 5 minutes.

I used African Pride's Moisture Miracle Shampoo then followed that up with Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm. I sat underneath my hair steamer for roughly 25 minutes, diving my hair, and after I had rinsed the DC out, I began to style my hair. On soaking wet hair, I took small section, applied Wetline Extreme Gel to my each section, and then detangled each section thoroughly as I went along. Lastly, I put my hair into a low bun secured by two scrunchies, and am letting my hair air dry underneath my satin bonnet at this time.

I'm not typically a major user of very strong holding gels. However, using styling dreams is more if a miss than a hit for me during this time of year, Luis, they leave my haul either a greasy feeling, due to the intense heat and humidity. I have been ritating styling gels trying to see what will allow or my hair to hold up the best, at this time, and thus is the best gel that I have found that can tackle the Summer Season like no other. Plus, I do live in an area that is hot and humid all year long do I do deal such live in a tropical,climate as well. I had been wanting to stick to using natural based products to style my hair with for the most part, but even though this styler isn't all natural, it's hpthe best solution that I've found. So, I plan to stick with it, for as long as I can.

I also am done with the No-Poo Method at this time. I gave gone back to exclusively shsmpooing my hair and really restrict the amount if co-washing that i do, because in my personal experience, just doing the no-poo method isn't the best way for my scalp long-term, no matter how I have wanted it to successfully be. Which is why, after I use up my DevaCurl Decadence No-Poo DevaCurl One acindition Decadence, and even the As I Am Coconut Co-Wash, I will be sticking with maintaining my hair the way that I feel is truly best overall not only for my hair, scalp, as well as, the tropical climate that I live in. And, I plan to stay in balance with my own hair rules that I find are best suited fir me, sad not allow myself to get caught up in trying to adhere to man made up hair tykes they just don't apply best to my hair a tell.
    "To God Be All The Glory"

Length
    CL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Oiled my hair with a mixture of jojoba oil and rosewater. Smells divine!

Length
    pixie/14/40^
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

My hair is enjoying a deep conditioning with a generous helping of vampire red dye. I put it on this afternoon and I'm going to sleep with it on. I love the deep red highlights it gives me and my hair always feels so much stronger.
    "I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will."

I had to do a quick re-wash of my hair tonight as my scalp had started to itch like crazy after I had used the Wetline Extreme Gel to style it with. So, i co-washed using the As I Am Coconut Coconut Cowash and to style my hair, I used CurlMix's Pure Flaxseed Gel. I think I may just have to give up trying anymore with the Wetline Extreme Gel, just like I eventually did with Ecostyler Gel. Right. As, I'm tired of going on this constant bandwagon of trying styling products, so I'm just going to stick with using the CurlMix Pure Flaxseed Gel unless something better comes along. Because with my scalp eczema and this crazy heat and humidity it has been super tough, plus there are ingredients in products that I try and use that just aren't totally compatible with my scalp as well. Plus, I have learned that products with Shea butter or other types of heavy butters in them, even though they are quite moisturizing to my hair, they do tend to build up a lot on my scalp and cause my scalp to start to itch a lot. Which is why, right now, I'm just taking things day by day and just trying to remain as hopeful ad I can that ine say my scalp eczema will finally get progressively better.

Right now, my hair is completely dry, and I have my satin bonnet on covering my head fir the night as well. In the mornings, as needed, I will just take down my bun, apply a but more of the CurlMix Flaxseed Gel to my hair, slick my hair back into a sleek low bun, and go!
    Last edited by Reservechic; August 25th, 2019 at 08:31 PM.
    "To God Be All The Glory"

Length
    short/?/waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

combing with my wood comb and looking for my tub of Aquage SeaExtend Silkening Conditioner (a DC for tomorrow's mask)

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Applying scalp lotion and giving myself a head massage.