Page 378 of 381 FirstFirst ... 278328368376377378379380 ... LastLast
Results 3,771 to 3,780 of 3803

Thread: What are you doing to/for your hair right now?

Type
    3a/F/i/ii

Default Re: What are you doing to/for your hair right now?

I just washed out a EVOO and lavender oil mix. I recently ordered henna, indigo, and amla from Ancient Sunrise and looking forward to experimenting with that!

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Clarified with V05 avocado cream, now deep conditioning with MaterNatura Sunflower Seeds restoring mask (used the rest). Also added a bit of Nightblooming's Freya salve on my ends and crown before putting on my heat cap.

Still figuring out which leave-ins to use, but will probably use Tresseme Botanique to be extra nice to my hair after clarifying.
    [ SL | CBL | APL | BSL | WL | HL ]

All I ca pin say is I absolutely can't wait until Fall arrives, as this Summer heat is driving my scalp eczema into a major frenzy and so have these products that I've been trying to make due with, which is why, I have officially gone back to using CurlMix's Pure Flaxseed Gel back in my hair again. I own the Sensutive admin version, which is fragrance free and this is what I plan to stick with no matter what from now until as long as I choose to. A lot of these ingredients in these products are straight up not good in a variety of ways, in which they can cause side effects to ones health to be experienced, as well as, ones hair and/or scalp. I have experienced all 3 too many times, and I am tired and am getting off this roller coaster ride of just buying and trying hair care products that end up eventually tearing irritating my scalp badly, or that have such strong scents till they either give me me migraines (bad I am currently in migraine medication) or stomach upset, so I definitely can't deal with that anymore, and I have come to learn that all of these natural butters are too heavy for my hair and they build up quite a lot in my hair and on my scalp, also known, my hair doesn't need to be bombarded with a lot of oil either. My hair is to fine texture for that, and all they do us end up leaving my hair greasy, also, I have acne prone skin, and plenty of these styling creams don't agree with my skin, and have caused me to experience acne issues (even high I currently am being prescribing generic Retin A for that). My own sister who was just using Eco styling gel (she tried different versions) now has a scalp that has round patches the sizes of quarters in spots where she has noticeable hair loss, and her scalp is very irritated. Her head was filled duty a ton of flakes from that stuff too, when I finally got a chance to tsar a look at her scalp. Her hair is broken off, and her scalp has been damaged by Ecostyler, and now, she had to re-do her entire hair care regimen, because if what that stuff did to her hair and scalp. Ecostyler did the exact same thing to me, plus, it gave me side effects to my health as we'll, which is why, I had stopped using anything from that brand anymore. Oh, and Wetline Extreme Gel, tore up my scalp, abd it felt like if I was to continue using it, I was going to end up with hair that was surely going to become like straw. I know every prudent isn't going to affect everyone the same. However, I have come to the realization that my hair abd scalp deserves much better. And, from now on, it doesn't matter how popular a product may be on YouTube, social media, or otherwise, I'm going to stick with using a product that has ingredients in it that I can truly trust to style it with. I do have future plans to eventually switch over my entire curl care regimen over to CurlMix, because of them offering fragrance free options for every product they sell. This will involve my going back to using shampoo in my hair, when that happens.

CurlMix product line is honestly the most natural line that I could currently find out there that I feel very good supporting, because they are very transparent about every ingredient that they out in their products and what it's actual benefit is. Their products are pricey, but they're truly worth it. Which is why, I plan to save up my money to continue to be able to afford them. Because, at this point in my curly journey, there is no better styling product option for my hair than their Pure Flaxseed Gel. Which unlike homemade flaxseed gets, it has been specially created to remain fresh for up to 12 months after use.

I just finished co-washing my hair using the As I Am Coconut Co-Wash, then after that, while my hair was soaking wet, I took small sections of hair, applied the Pure Flaxseed Gel to a section, detangled each section thoroughly with my Denman brush, and then repeated these steps throughout my entire head until I was finished. Lastly, I put my hair into a low bun secured by 2 scrunchies, but my satin bonnet over my head, and now my hair is air drying underneath.

In the mornings, as needed, I will take my bun down, apply some more of the Pure Flaxseed Gel to my hair, slick it back into a low bun, and then secure it with my two scrunchies, and that's it. I'm totally loving keeping things super duper simple for sure!
    Last edited by Reservechic; August 12th, 2019 at 05:59 PM.
    "To God Be All The Glory"

Length
    SL/WL+/Term
    Type
    3a/M/iii

Just combing and brushing.

☮ Enjoy the journey ♡ Groovy Granny's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/F/ii

It is just day 4 since my last shampoo and it could easily go another couple.
    I do like to have a clean head for the weekend to get me through my busy weeks recently.

BBB then into a LWB with an ONN stick and a leather flexi bolo for a center hold
    (RAOK) Random Act of Kindness - Toys for Members with Very Modest Collections[link]
    Sign-up will be open until September 15, 2019

☮ Enjoy the journey ♡ Groovy Granny's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Clarified with Neutrogena...applied the Triple Moisture Mask....then applied Biosilk 17 Miracle leave in conditioner to my damp hair > air drying
    Last edited by Groovy Granny; August 14th, 2019 at 09:05 PM.
    (RAOK) Random Act of Kindness - Toys for Members with Very Modest Collections[link]
    Sign-up will be open until September 15, 2019

Length
    5/25/40^
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Jojoba oiled length/scalp with lavender and peppermint oil braided and ready for bed. I caved and scratched the flakey parts I have on the sides/temples. Not proud about it but I feel relief. We have over 100F weather and the sweat and heat makes my scalp miserable. Plus I can't wear my hair in loose styles because it looks too sloppy for work so I've been quite unhappy since school has started back (hair wise, the students are great).
    "I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will."

Sectioned it and put it in double ponytails. Makes for a neater part in the morning, when I'll be braiding both sides.

Length
    CL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Applied a mixture of blackseed oil, castor oil, sesame oil, and ginger essential oil on my scalp and a little on the tips. I really enjoy the ginger scent

Length
    24/29.5/Long!
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Just washed my hair and used a ‘Provoke’ brand toning ‘mask’ (I use inverted commas because it wasn’t exactly the most nourishing mask ever haha) to tone my hair. My ends are yellow from old due and it always amazes me how the toning makes it all go silver. Shame it wasn’t a little less drying to use such products on my ends!
    APL - BSL - MBL - WL - HL - TBL
    Last dye: Feb 2017 Last trim (micro): 6th June 2019