Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How has your hair changed with age?

Length
    13/38/40
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Default How has your hair changed with age?

My mum says that after she had me her hair got coarse, frizzy, wirey, and turned grey!

Now a mum myself to a 5 year old, i can honestly say i haven't followed in her footsteps. My hair started out very frizzy and wirey / coarse but actually seems to be taming down with age. I mentioned on other posts that i'd had hair straightening treatment 12 months ago, but my new growth just doesn't seem as curly is my natural hair was before, the more it comes through the more i'm doubting my original curly hair type. I still have some curly ringlets when i lift my hair up so maybe i'm being fooled because my hair is just so heavy now... it's also better cared for which could help it feel softer,... confused, but also happy because i used to hate my hair being so frizzy / wiry.

Just curious to hear from others, how has your hair changed as you have aged? Has your hair type changed, or is your hair just different because you have a good routine now?

Length
    13/38/40
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: How has your hair changed with age?

Can't edit the post, but was going to add, i don't have a single grey hair yet, but a friend of mine has a lot of grey and she is not much older than me. If you have grey, what age did you start going grey? I used to care for an elderly woman and she had the most amazing hip length hair, very straight and silky and was snow white in colour, it was so beautiful..

Length
    27/40/45
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Well, this isn't quite the same, but when I was very little I had dark red curly hair, but since the age of three it has grown nearly stick-straight and strawberry blonde. Since then it hasn't changed in 25 years, but I'm still patiently waiting for those ringlets to come back!

Length
    ChL/APL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

When i was a baby, my hair was straight and light brown, in my 3-4 years it was dark brown and really thick, in my 11-13 years i had an operation and afterwards my hair was really wavy, then it got lighter,thinner, straighter and now i am a blonette(under the dye), with medium thickness straight/wavy hair. One thing never changed though-my hair was allways baby fine...
    ChL-SL-APL-BSL-WL-HBL-TBL ........
    28 months dye free
    "When it rains, everything grows..."

Length
    6/16/22
    Type
    2c/M/iii

im nearly 50 and i havent had a single grey hair yet. i have the same amount of hair i had at 20 but its got frizzier and uncontrollable sometimes but iv always had thick very wavy hair. i have one child that has the exact same hair type as me hes a boy and got thick short wavyish hair. i use to damage mine loads with straightners and hair dye but now i dont use any of it. but when your older even 30's it takes more care and cant take as mutch damage. so only do one form of damage if its realy realy realy nessessory.

Length
    Chin/TBL/44+
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

Mine started out golden blonde and fine as a kid, mostly sleek and straight but with a tendency to form ringlets at the bottom, and kept getting darker and coarser and wavier as I grew. It kept darkening all the way through my twenties (I used to dye it dark brown/black and when I was in my teens the blondette/light brown regrowth was really noticeable, but by my late twenties I could go 3 or 4 months without touching it up since my roots were so much darker). Since I've grown it out natural I've also noticed it has auburn tones and sunbleaches out to dark copper, whereas when I was young it would sunbleach to gold.

These days, I have more and more pure white hairs, and they seem quite thick and coarse compared to my M type "normal" strands - so yeah, my hair has changed a lot as I've gotten older!
    <--Growing wavy virgin TBL hair, with long compact cut layers to Classic. 2b/M/C/ii low porosity.

Length
    CL/MBL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Mine's exactly the same as it's always been, except for a few grays.

Length
    22 in/29 in/35
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Mine was red until I was 2, my dad didn't think I was his until it changed to very light blond. Over the years it has gradually gone darker blond and at 53 I have a few grays, mostly on crown. My texture hasn't changed much since my early teens.

Length
    6 in/11 in/?
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i

Mine was very light blonde and very curly up to when I was seven or eight. Over the years it has darkened the dark brown and is now wavy interspersed with ringlets

Length
    26.5/30.5/32
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

Mine was dark red and then got a lot blonder with age. It also seems to be getting straighter - but I think the length is starting to weigh it down.
    BSL - MBL - WL - HL