Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updos for APL hair?

Default Updos for APL hair?

Since my hair is still to short for many of the gorgeous updos I've seen here, I thought we might get together and share ideas and hairstyles for hair that's around APL! I'm sure I'm not the only one running out of inspiration for fun and protective updos, hehe!

Length
    18/29,5/33
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: Updos for APL hair?

APL person here. I'd love to learn some more updos, so I shall join and contribute

SSSLLL - AAAPPPLLL - SSSBBBLLL - MMMBBBLLL - WWWLLL

Length
    Chin/WL/TBL?
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I'm watching this thread too! My go tos are lazy wraps (the tiniest lazy wrap bun ever!) and tucked up dutch braids...would love some ideas for variety!

SL ~ APL
    ~ BSL ~ MB abyss ~ WL ~ HIP ~ TB?
    minor trims to thicken ends before traipsing on toward HIP!

Length
    SL/APL/WL

I can do French twist, braided bun, sock bun, Gibson tuck, tucked French braid, crown braid and a top knot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTvIpzvcE3A .... Ive been trying these for a while.. I'm enjoying anything I can do with a French or dutch braid, crown braid, etc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd9uf...Vvi3kT1Plivc8r

Length
    16/29/35
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Ooh! Ill be watching this thread as well Im not sure about how buns or braids are called, but I often go for tucked braids, crown braids, and some sort of twists that I secure with a flexi. Mostly however I just go for simple buns, the one where you twist your hair and make a circle.. haha sorry for not knowing the name. Is that a cinnabun? I then secure it with either amish pins, a flexi or hairsticks which barely hold so I end up redoing them every hour or so because of my layers..

Length
    12/20ish/26+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I can post some tutorials, if I'm able to post photos that is. I'm quite the master at short hair up dos, to be perfectly honest... I have had many years to practice (just STOP cutting the hair, goshdarnit!).
    Bob*Lifeless collarbone length * Healthy and shiny APL*MBL+

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

southern tease. Google it. It does not involve teasing.

Length
    SL/APL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I've always lacked the "girl gene" and never been interested in hair so this is the first time in my life I'm attempting actual hairstyles. I'm still trying to master an English braid haha! But I'll get there.
    I'm practising braids and buns in half-up styles so that it feels like I have more length to work with. It a good way to incorporate the fancy styles people with longer hair can do.

Oh, hang on I have a photo for this one

Tada!
    Not only does it work on shoulder length and longer, but you can incorporate that technique to not only make buns, but all sorts of things like mock fishtail braids, ( Pull it into a front side pony, loop through, tighten and play around with until it looks falsely braided)
    You can pull two braids from the start of your head into one and loop them to make something interesting, and ect.
    I use it when im lazy but want to have something more than just a tiny braid or a boring pony tail.
    A happy life is the best revenge and happy hair is the greatest reward.
    Approaching APL at a spurted pace
    -PIXIE- CHIN-
    SHOULDER - APL -BSL -WAIST -HIPS-