Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: (TRIGGER WARNING) How long can you go without eating before you suffer hair loss?

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: (TRIGGER WARNING) How long can you go without eating before you suffer hair loss?

Alas, Hair is not particularly important to the body, so letting it fall out is not a big issue when there's not enough nutrition to go around.
    Opting out of Friend Requests, thank you very much!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: (TRIGGER WARNING) How long can you go without eating before you suffer hair loss?

And you guys, I was "only" on the brink of an eating disorder (full blown) and the thoughts, the controlling behaviors stayed with me, even though my eating was *great* and without issues, but the thoughts stayed with me until I was about 40. And this happened in my teens. Only in about the last decade I feel such relief all of a sudden not having those thoughts just about at all anymore, I mean not to the point it rules my life. My thoughts and prayers are with any and all going through this ATM. Be well, you guys.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

lapushka, I feel like disordered eating can be a bit like an addiction, where you go through times and maybe even years of being good, but there is still a risk of relapse unless other coping mechanisms are learned and utilised. I've never had as heavy a relapse as when I was anorexic as a teen, but there have been periods of more restriction, and every so often my brain goes "hey, do you wanna do that thing?" and I contemplate it for a bit before discarding the idea. Much like how I contemplate having a smoke or a drink before I decide not to now

Length
    MBL/33 in/HL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/i/ii

This question really worries me. I'm in a bad place right now, I don't feel like eating and I have to push myself to eat just a little. I don't want my hair to fall or to lose muscle. I've read your answers to try to eat but there's such a gap between what I want and what I do for real. Thank you for your posts.
    I haven't noticed hair loss yet. It's kinda strange, there's less hair loss now that I eat less. I don't understand anything but I think this little hair loss is temporary before a more important one and I'm afraid. We'll see.

Length
    BSL/Hip/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by AuroreVesperale View Post
    This question really worries me. I'm in a bad place right now, I don't feel like eating and I have to push myself to eat just a little. I don't want my hair to fall or to lose muscle. I've read your answers to try to eat but there's such a gap between what I want and what I do for real. Thank you for your posts.
    I haven't noticed hair loss yet. It's kinda strange, there's less hair loss now that I eat less. I don't understand anything but I think this little hair loss is temporary before a more important one and I'm afraid. We'll see.
    I lost a lot of hair due to stress. All I can say is: if it will happen it will happen. More importantly is to take care of yourself and have selfcompassion, even with hair loss.
    My hair thinned greatly but I had to go through this, you know?

I too have the habit of not eating when stressed, but eating is the way to heal also. Exercising and eating. I have to have someone to eat with me or else I start to eat ********. Maybe this can work for you too?
    BSL - WL - Hip - Classic (dec25)
    Last trim: 31 jan 23 h Tailbone september 23 (unstretched decmbr)- low porosity hair

Length
    MBL/33 in/HL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ada-banana View Post
    I lost a lot of hair due to stress. All I can say is: if it will happen it will happen. More importantly is to take care of yourself and have selfcompassion, even with hair loss.
    My hair thinned greatly but I had to go through this, you know?

I too have the habit of not eating when stressed, but eating is the way to heal also. Exercising and eating. I have to have someone to eat with me or else I start to eat ********. Maybe this can work for you too?
    It's true stress also does great harm to the hair >< I hope you're better now !
    Eating with someone helps when I feel the need to purge, otherwise it's just stressful. But i'll figure it out, thanks ^^

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by AuroreVesperale View Post
    I hope you are able to get to a place where every bite you eat has great nutritional value, so you don't have to eat *a lot* of food, because all you eat is good for you. That was one of the things I liked about "low carb".
    Opting out of Friend Requests, thank you very much!